The Falkirk FC Thread

Iv criticised Nesbitt a lot, but if we had any presence up front at all, he would have found them today. I thought he was OK.

Jaime Wilson caused more problems centrally than anyone else today and that's really not a good thing.

If that outside of the foot effort Mackie hit the stantion with had gone in though.... Would have been a fucking beauty.

Can’t believe I forgot about Jaime Wilson. He’s actually done alright (for him) when he came on but clean through on goal 12 yards out and he tries to turn back [emoji23]
I mean, the likes of that move gave me some hope. Under Sheerin and Rennie, we would have cluelessly found ourselves conceding possession there because we had no idea whatsoever of pass and move. Today that was happening. People were taking the ball and looking for a forward pass. At the turnover of possession, the whole team sought to open up and get forward. A few wee moments where maybe getting a shot off a bit quicker would have led to us saying yeah that was a decent attacking move....

Just so so toothless though where it counts.... But none of us know that better than McGlynn so I remain hopeful wel get some of what we need.

Pretty much agree with what's been said, defence looks much more solid, but middle to front is miles short of quality. McGuffie, Nesbitt, Hetherington just aren't good enough, and Morrison 🙄. Five better quality additions needed including two strikers and a right back if we are to do anything this season. Early days still but I've not been overly impressed with Oliver. 

Henderson was fantastic before the red card, which was silly. Well done to young Yeats too, outstanding at RB. Assume Williamson is injured yet again? Guy is made of glass. 

We had chances to win the game but overall, we were lacking up top but that wasn’t a shock, McGlynn knows it too. Wilson should have scored when through on goal & McGuffie should have done better with his lob too. 

I thought we were solid at the back, in the most, bar 2/3 McKay moments. He took his pen well however. Henderson strolled it versus Kabia and Quitongo before that challenge. 

Good to see a decent away crowd through for this game, players seem to appreciate it too.

Looking forward Tuesday night, although will be tough. Expect the unexpected etc though.

Football is back 😄

Edited by RC55 FFC

Wasn’t there today but clean sheets are a big thing for managers. McGlynn appears to have sorted out the defensive side of things but at our level goals and players who will create chances are so hard to come by. I don’t envy them their task but I just pray they can unearth a diamond in the loan market.

Guest Brockvillenomore
8 hours ago, PedroMoutinho said:

The previous board have rightly been gone now for nearly 8 months. The new board and patrons have total control of the club.

The new board are now on their second manager and second transfer window. Yes, there are still issues from the past to be dealt with.

But frankly I think fans have every right to be discussing what is being done to make us competitive on the pitch in what will be an absolutely crucial season.

Control of the club rests between one member appointed by the major shareholders,  2 from the patrons and two from FSS. 

Guest Brockvillenomore
4 hours ago, Tea and Busquets said:

I’ll re-emphasise this again now although we’ve created nothing. Mackie looks too slow for LB. Should be him in the centre and Henderson pushed into midfield for Hetherington. Oliver has done quite well in holding the ball up etc but has no support whatsoever. If we can’t get a decent striker, try and push for Kennedy and put Morrison up front.

In my view Mackie has some engine on him. He ran all day, including a lung buster across the park at about 80mins (almost to the right back position) to successfully shut down a counter attack. 

Guest Brockvillenomore
6 hours ago, FalkirkBairn2021 said:

Because for example we spunked 1K a week on Leith Griffiths under that useless clowns tenure

That's money which could have been given to McGlynn.

There were other spends also on the failed gamble to reach the playoffs.

It's not difficult. 

DCF0D696-C97A-48A2-ADD2-A90CAC89461F.jpeg

7 hours ago, PedroMoutinho said:

May be an unpopular opinion but to me it’s absolutely crazy to be spending yet more of our limited resources on players to sit on the bench or in the stand when the first 11 still requires so many additions.

What is he costing? 

Just now, Back Post Misses said:

What is he costing? 

It doesn’t really matter what he’s costing- all of our resources should be focused on bringing in quality to improve the first 11.

We have enough players as it is who should be on the bench at best without adding more youngsters.

Guest Brockvillenomore
Just now, PedroMoutinho said:

Except all of the directors are patrons…

I assume you don’t know, or possibly choose to forget, that Directors responsibility is to the company. The patrons is a group of 30+ shareholders gathered together without any documented or formal status and no reporting lines. 

Spoke with a guy today at the game who owns a few businesses around the town and he said he contacted Jamie at the club about how much it would have been to keep Griffiths and he would have paid his wages in full, not costing the club a penny. The club refused (unsure if this was Jamie/BOD or John McGlynn). 

Guest Brockvillenomore
1 minute ago, PedroMoutinho said:

It doesn’t really matter what he’s costing- all of our resources should be focused on bringing in quality to improve the first 11.

We have enough players as it is who should be on the bench at best without adding more youngsters.

I understand it’s an amateur contract. Shame that doesn’t fit into your tiresome and transparent agenda. 

2 minutes ago, PedroMoutinho said:

So don’t bother with looking to the future again? Are you Margaret Laing?