The Falkirk FC Thread

18 minutes ago, Hank von Hell said:

Where did I say I wanted exclusively academy players?

Thought it would be obvious to most that we need a mix of youth & experience, so i didn't state that ,but just for your benefit - we need a mix of youth and experience, and maybe one day that youth element will contain some home-grown players. I certainly hope so.        

You said “the preference is to bring in academy players”.

Surely the preference should be to bring in the best players possible, whether they be from our academy, youngsters released from other clubs or a loan player who is going to add quality to the squad?

The problem of the loan market is more you get clubs stockpiling players, with no intention of ever playing them in first team, just trying to eek out loan fees and transfer fees. Got worse i think since the ugly sisters have been allowed to have teams in Lowland leagues.

Get those teams to fk, and limit number of players a team can loan out, and problem solved.

2 hours ago, PedroMoutinho said:

Presumably you wouldn’t want the likes of Lawal, Yates and Burrell then or previously Will Vaulks or Luke Leahy then as they didn’t come through the academy?

I think you're missing the point somewhat. 

1 hour ago, PedroMoutinho said:

You said “the preference is to bring in academy players”.

Surely the preference should be to bring in the best players possible, whether they be from our academy, youngsters released from other clubs or a loan player who is going to add quality to the squad?

So, would your preference be to bring in loan players or our own from the academy? 

1 minute ago, SouthStander1876 said:

Good news, Dunfermline fans seem to rate him highly

He's a good player, will play for Dundee regularly I think. We'd done okay without him in our first 9/10 league games until he joined and started playing regularly so hoping that stays the same.