The Falkirk FC Thread

2 minutes ago, FFC 1876 said:

Wouldn't mind Burrell staying but equally I don't think he'd be a massive loss he's not looked interested in far too many games this season.

Tommy Goss, also wouldn't mind Euan Henderson as an option but we need someone like Alegria up there to play with Allan, a powerful presence that's going to bully the centre backs and has a chance of getting on the end of one of our 400 crosses a games.

Goss has been a decent striker for a good few years down in L2. Also like the look of that Matty Yates at Stenny, although can see a few Championship teams after him.

5 minutes ago, FFC 1876 said:

Wouldn't mind Burrell staying but equally I don't think he'd be a massive loss he's not looked interested in far too many games this season.

Tommy Goss, also wouldn't mind Euan Henderson as an option but we need someone like Alegria up there to play with Allan, a powerful presence that's going to bully the centre backs and has a chance of getting on the end of one of our 400 crosses a games.

I’d like to see us make an attempt to bring Allegria back as well, boy was just coming on to a game when his loan was cut short. 

5 minutes ago, HopeStreetCadette said:

Goss has been a decent striker for a good few years down in L2. Also like the look of that Matty Yates at Stenny, although can see a few Championship teams after him.

Quite like the look of Yates as a 10 or a winger but he's still got another year left on his deal at Stenny.

2 minutes ago, LatapyBairn. said:

I’d like to see us make an attempt to bring Allegria back as well, boy was just coming on to a game when his loan was cut short. 

Aye he's back in Finland so that's a no goer, I was just meaning someone similar to how he played.

3 minutes ago, LatapyBairn. said:

He signed a permanent transfer deal back at FC Honka a few months ago from Rangers 

Not a chance in hell of it happening (and a section of our support would have a meltdown if it did) but I wouldn't be that sorry to see McGinn away. Don't dislike him but would rather see his presumably not inconsiderable wage spent on someone a bit younger and more mobile. We are chronically slow. 

McGlynn appears intent on keeping as much of this season's lot together as he can. I think that would be a massive mistake, but it's his call. For me thanks and cheerio to Oliver, McGuffie, Watson, PJ and Burrell (a bit torn on the latter but I don't think it's really going to happen under this manager). Retain Lawall. If any offer at all is received for C Morrison take it. Inform both of the centre halves that we won't be hard to deal with if they can get fixed up elsewhere. Loan players I'd like to see return: Max and Kennedy (neither will). Wasn't unimpressed with Rowe at times but would rather look at someone like Kyle McDonald. 

McGlynn needs to start making some hard decisions about squad composition if he wants to remain in a job for any length of time. But I doubt he will.

6 minutes ago, ebobsboy said:

On the goalie front I hope the rumour about MacDonald coming back is just that. p***k sold the cup final.

Hope this is rubbish. However wouldn’t surprise me with previous tie up. Thought we’ve got a scout looking out for players ?

9 minutes ago, Van_damage said:

So listened to the podcast with Keith and Kenny. Said the step up for the development/reserve team will have to come from the football budget which includes kit, matches, travel etc. 

In that case I would be averse to taking money away from the first team to fund it at the moment. Great if it can be funded by donations etc but not sure it’s something I’d be prioritising funds for next season.

4 minutes ago, AGPar said:

Not a chance in hell of it happening (and a section of our support would have a meltdown if it did) but I wouldn't be that sorry to see McGinn away. Don't dislike him but would rather see his presumably not inconsiderable wage spent on someone a bit younger and more mobile. We are chronically slow. 

McGlynn appears intent on keeping as much of this season's lot together as he can. I think that would be a massive mistake, but it's his call. For me thanks and cheerio to Oliver, McGuffie, Watson, PJ and Burrell (a bit torn on the latter but I don't think it's really going to happen under this manager). Retain Lawall. If any offer at all is received for C Morrison take it. Inform both of the centre halves that we won't be hard to deal with if they can get fixed up elsewhere. Loan players I'd like to see return: Max and Kennedy (neither will). Wasn't unimpressed with Rowe at times but would rather look at someone like Kyle McDonald. 

McGlynn needs to start making some hard decisions about squad composition if he wants to remain in a job for any length of time. But I doubt he will.

Good post, how is it most supporters are of the same thoughts. The most lethargic / slow midfield I think I’ve seen in the NB. McGinn I like but he’s done. Morrison I’m hearing is as good as away (south) and unfortunately a one in ten great game doesn’t do it. Could actually say that about most of the first eleven. McGlynn has got to identify younger hungrier players right across the team, and preferably minimum height of at least 5”10+ 

3 minutes ago, PedroMoutinho said:

In that case I would be averse to taking money away from the first team to fund it at the moment. Great if it can be funded by donations etc but not sure it’s something I’d be prioritising funds for next season.

Feel inclined to feel the same but would need more detail. Having a look at the reserve league table then doesn’t seem to entail many games and most are within the central belt so costs wouldn’t be too high in regards to putting on matches or travel but then would have to consider the benefits then if not regular matches to keep players fit. Ultimately just want the first team budget to be as much as it can be as that’s what should make the biggest advantage to competing against other teams in the league. 

Hartlepool don't look to have took up the option to sign Jack Hamilton and I believe he's out of contract. Obviously wouldn't be the only club looking at him but he would be ideal.

They also released Mo Niang, big powerful centre mid who played with Alloa.

13 minutes ago, AGPar said:

I like McGinn as a player, although his legs have gone for the most part. I think he’s a decent squad player to have who could cover for injuries/come on to provide stability when needed. I wouldn’t punt him but long-term he shouldn’t be in the starting lineup.

3 minutes ago, FFC 1876 said:

Hartlepool don't look to have took up the option to sign Jack Hamilton and I believe he's out of contract. Obviously wouldn't be the only club looking at him but he would be ideal.

They also released Mo Niang, big powerful centre mid who played with Alloa.

Hamilton won't be short of offers at a higher level than us.

Niang I hoped we would be in for last summer after Patrick had decided to let him go. Would be all over that one.

34 minutes ago, FFC 1876 said:

Tommy Goss, also wouldn't mind Euan Henderson as an option but we need someone like Alegria up there to play with Allan, a powerful presence that's going to bully the centre backs and has a chance of getting on the end of one of our 400 crosses a game.

I feel like Todorov might be a decent option? He scored a decent number of goals for Dunfermline given he was often a sub and would provide a real presence up front, which Falkirk definitely lack. I know he didn’t do that well at Falkirk previously but neither did most players that season.

17 minutes ago, AGPar said:

100% about McGinn, great ability and reader of the game, but way to slow and that’s to the detriment of the team