The Falkirk FC Thread

2 minutes ago, Van_damage said:

I’ve no idea what else you expect Burrell to do? He chased a lost cause and put himself in to a position to get wiped out by the keeper. How is that crapping the bed? 

At 5:05

He’s clearly talking about him jumping away from the ball at the free kick. 

9 minutes ago, The Toun Clock said:

Time to wake up mate! If Sean Byrne leaves Dundee he'll be back to KY12 with Mr McPake.

Seen a page on Twitter saying Burrell is rumoured to be coming our way. He clearly spat the dummy for not getting much game time (he probably had a case) but McPake won't take on those types that think they're more important. There was a fans meeting last Wednesday and he was asked about the work that goes in before signing a player, he and the club definitely do their homework.

Well I cant imagine he’s gonna tell yous he flings a dart at a board and signs what player it lands on. 

Edited by FalkirkLad

7 minutes ago, HopeStreetCadette said:

Burrell isn’t a world beater by a long shot but I still think we could’ve done a lot more to fit him into our style of play. He’s a better option than Oliver for me but that’s my opinion 

Agreed. 

5 minutes ago, Rugster said:

He’s clearly talking about him jumping away from the ball at the free kick. 

Ahh right. Yeh that was crap but I’ve never known a strikers positioning in a wall to bear on the decision to keep him. As far as his effort goes in open play then I think he does show a lot of heart. 

Burrell is very raw still and needs to work on a lot of aspects of his game. He always seemed far more effective coming off the bench than starting. I can't see him getting much more game time if he's joining a team looking to compete at the top of the championship. 

4 minutes ago, Van_damage said:

Ahh right. Yeh that was crap but I’ve never known a strikers positioning in a wall to bear on the decision to keep him. As far as his effort goes in open play then I think he does show a lot of heart. 

I agree with this sentiment, thought he would run and put in effort up top often with little to no support.

His effort for that free kick was very poor and I can see why fans are unhappy about it but I don’t think it really tells the full story 

Edited by HopeStreetCadette

46 minutes ago, gav-ffc said:

Brad McKay.

He's Rhys McCabe not Merlin the Magician. To be completely fair to Falkirk fans I would be raging if we signed a mega diddy like McKay on the kind of contract he's on. Your old board have a LOT to answer for.

It's clear that Burrell was probably a bit overrated by some in our support - myself included in that - but it's purely re-writing of history to call him absolutely shite. He was the most dangerous striker in our squad last season. Whether you think that makes him decent, or you think it actually highlights the lack of firepower we had is up to you.

Wouldn't have minded keeping him but I'm not going to lose sleep that he's gone. Next.

Just now, cb_diamond said:

He's Rhys McCabe not Merlin the Magician. To be completely fair to Falkirk fans I would be raging if we signed a mega diddy like McKay on the kind of contract he's on. Your old board have a LOT to answer for.

Tbf if he’s made ATS look like a competent defender then I think he’s verging on magician status

10 minutes ago, Van_damage said:

I agree with you. I think McGlynn just didn't fancy him, for whatever reason. 

10 minutes ago, Shodwall cat said:

Burrell is very raw still and needs to work on a lot of aspects of his game. He always seemed far more effective coming off the bench than starting. I can't see him getting much more game time if he's joining a team looking to compete at the top of the championship. 

Agree with that. He got 5 in 18 starts and 7 in 19 off the bench. Probably benefited more from the extra space and tired legs later on in the game but do think we could have set up to utilise his pace more as he is rapid and not easy to find that players with that amount of pace.

Edited by Van_damage

This season we perhaps had  too many players that haven't played much first team football . Likes of burrell, lawal, yeats,Rowe,wright, kinnear and max for example had all played very little first team football before this season and that can cause problems with inconsistency and lack of game experience. 

Edited by Shodwall cat

27 minutes ago, cb_diamond said:

No we have Gary Holt to thank for that one.

Bit disappointed in the retention of Mckay and Oliver. Mckay cos he's gone back to being murder, Oliver cos of what someone above said.... We can't just keep retaining "ok for the squad" type players and there's just not enough goals in him. 

I think he'd be most effective in a 2 and McGlynn doesn't appear to want that..... I'd prefer to sign appropriately to complement Jordan Allan than retain Oliver. 

McGinn..... Wouldn't have been gutted if he left but used properly he still can be a proper asset. Again, we need to sign properly to build around McGinn, not expect him to do a role he can't do. 

Burrell..... Would have kept but was already resigned to losing so not much point going on too much there. Again, not totally gutted, but would have kept him. 

Very pleased to see Ola kept. That boy has proper skills, and lacks only a bit of engine and a bit of positional nous. Both of these come with experience and a good pre season hopefully. He's a very worthwhile gamble because if he kicks on, he's the sort of player who undresses you if you don't stay on top of him, and I'm doing so opens up space for others. At this level he's a lock-pick.