The Falkirk FC Thread

1 minute ago, Rugster said:

I didn't listen to the entire podcast as I was knackered. Was anything mentioned about what seemed like a "farewell" from Lewis on FTV at the end of the match on Saturday? 

Nope nothing mentioned on that.

12 hours ago, ebobsboy said:

Lewis saying on Falkirk daft it's 50/50 we keep McGlynn according to the fans. That is absolutely outstanding. A complete and utter arse collapse of a season with us struggling to even have a go at home at Airdrie and half the support want to keep him. I'm absolutely done. 

I'm one of the many who want rid of him !

11 hours ago, AL-FFC said:

Spoken to a few Dundee Utd fans at work their view of Coll is nice guy tries hard but needs an experienced head beside him to talk him through a game, apart from that a bit of a disaster.

He's 28 years old, with plenty experience of playing in leagues above L1. He shouldn't need his hand held by now. 

4 minutes ago, Bairns1994 said:

Anymore rumours about possible summer transfer targets?

Max Crocombe - Grimsby GK supposedly signed pre contract. Jamie Mcdonald being rumoured as hes out of contract. Brad Spencer being mentioned again as he's out of contract. Alex ferguson from St. Johnstone on loan been mentioned

23 minutes ago, Believe The Hype said:

I wonder how our season might have panned out if we hadn't lost Alegria and Meekison. I was excited by the latter joining us, shame it was cut so short with that injury and Juan was certainly coming onto a game. 

Meekison looked a prospect but not sure if we would’ve signed Max if he didn’t get injured. Alegria loss was huge imo

25 minutes ago, HopeStreetCadette said:

Meekison looked a prospect but not sure if we would’ve signed Max if he didn’t get injured. Alegria loss was huge imo

Max was a tidy player but by far our best football was played before he arrived. Maybe a shocking opinion but not sure he really made a huge impact here. Will be loaned out again next year 

12 minutes ago, bairn88 said:

Max was a tidy player but by far our best football was played before he arrived. Maybe a shocking opinion but not sure he really made a huge impact here. Will be loaned out again next year 

I agree with this. He was OK and I'd be glad to see him back next season but I don't think he was spectacular. 

Obviously no idea on Meekison given he got bizarrely injured after 4 seconds on the park. 

The priority has to be hunting both McKay and Donaldson and getting Henderson back at CH with a new partner.

Plus 3 more midfielders. I'd love to see Morrison gtf.

We are but three years from having a team that scored 1.93 goals per game and conceded 0.64 (i.e., our attack was significantly better than Dunfermline’s attack this season and our defence was slightly worse) and we lost on the title due to a combination of (A) Ray McKinnon, (B) Throwing away a 2-0 half time lead at Kirkcaldy and (C) The lead being cancelled and PPG applied when we’d have easily won it if the last eight games had been played.

IMO we should be looking to build a squad that resembles that of the 19/20 season. I don’t mean in terms of actual players but the calibre of players 

4 minutes ago, Donathan said:

We are but three years from having a team that scored 1.93 goals per game and conceded 0.64 (i.e., our attack was significantly better than Dunfermline’s attack this season and our defence was slightly worse) and we lost on the title due to a combination of (A) Ray McKinnon, (B) Throwing away a 2-0 half time lead at Kirkcaldy and (C) The lead being cancelled and PPG applied when we’d have easily won it if the last eight games had been played.

IMO we should be looking to build a squad that resembles that of the 19/20 season. I don’t mean in terms of actual players but the calibre of players 

The calibre of players in that squad wasnt great. mcMillan, Sammon, Dixon, Doyle, Durnan etc.

34 minutes ago, bairn88 said:

Max is a cracking player who wouldn’t be playing with St Johnstone if he had a right foot. His problem is that he wanted to play everything off his left.

22 minutes ago, Donathan said:

Denny Johnstone ready to sign on.

23 minutes ago, Donathan said:

We’ve gone down the route of signing Championship jobbers like Durnan and Doyle in the past and it’s not worked. We should really be looking at the best players at our level imo and keep the spine of the team we have.

Despite the absolute shambles of a finish to this season, the majority of this squad is night and day compared to back then.