The Falkirk FC Thread

33 minutes ago, latapythelegend said:

A flying start is the minimum requirement tbh. Pressure will be on straight away. 

I 100% agree and if he keeps his job nothing else but promotion will do. 

1 minute ago, Springfield said:

If anyone has the earlier podcast with the two directors, could you please post. 

It is on YouTube under Falkirk daft 

48 minutes ago, Springfield said:

This. Five years of utter shite has finally come to a head with many supporters. The “back John and the management team” has/is wearing so thin with many of the loyal supporters. I didn’t go on Saturday, purchased ticket but watched the game in local pub, family attended game but left after the first goal conceded and came to pub. A large group of other supporters were in pub, whether they had tickets I don’t know, but I know these fans as pretty much “die hard” and guys that follow the team regardless.

I have been a ticket holder for over forty years and since a teenager. 
The appalling way in which BODs Managers Players has finally made me think about not renewing. The next few weeks on how the BOD react, the manager bins, and who comes in will decide if my and family’s tickets will be renewed. It’s not that difficult tbh.

FFS It is your Board you are in the FSS. If your are not happy, and I get it, simply walking away isn’t going to help. Lobby to get McGlynn removed. I was where you were a long time ago and Saturday was the first time I had been in the SS since the day we got relegated. This season I have been in the Premier Lounge and the first year I have bought a ST since then. 
We have had 13 years of shit outside Houstie’s great season 

1 hour ago, Airdrie76 said:

I honestly don’t hate Falkirk (if you’d a time machine I might have answered that differently in the late 80s/early 90s right enough!) and it would make no difference to me if you went up unless it was at the expense of Airdrie (and we didnt need to worry about that this season did we). I also don’t post frequently on here so don’t get me mixed up with others. I just find the ongoing bullish attitude surprising and thought I’d comment on how you’re perceived and why.

Anyway no doubt after we bottle it in the play offs again against Accies we’ll be doing the same tedious dance next season where you lurch from being world beaters to no hopers depending on single games and whether the sun is shining. 

Clearly we don’t think we’re world beaters, we’re complaining about being in league 1, so most of the chat from Falkirk fans is about how miserably bad we are. The atmosphere from the fans going in to these playoffs was not overly positive. 
A lot of fans feared we would be beaten by Airdrie including me. That is not acceptable considering the resources we have. 

1 hour ago, RC_Bairn said:

Funny how much you've changed your tune.  Haven't you been the guy advocating a season ticket boycott every year for the past 5-6 seasons??  Amazing what having some pals on the board will do.

I wasn’t giving Gary Deans a bolt. Too many backed the little toad and see where it got us. The club is OWNED by the fans, not my pals and if the fans collectively want shot of them then that’s democracy. 

Edited by Back Post Misses

5 minutes ago, Back Post Misses said:

FFS It is your Board you are in the FSS. If your are not happy, and I get it, simply walking away isn’t going to help. Lobby to get McGlynn removed. I was where you were a long time ago and Saturday was the first time I had been in the SS since the day we got relegated. This season I have been in the Premier Lounge and the first year I have bought a ST since then. 
We have had 13 years of shit outside Houstie’s great season 

I do agree with this to a point. But even if every FSS member lobbied reps to replace McGlynn they are just a small voice on a board.

But no one forces us to buy season tickets or attend games. If we don't like the management we can exercise our right to withhold cash. It is a fan owned club and there will always be differences of opinion.

I dont see me not going at the start of next season. Even with McGlynn. But its a no to a ST and if i am watching Coll Donaldson square a 45th pass of the half to another clogger im out.

And to answer the earlier question,  no, I'm not a FSS member.

1 hour ago, SouthStander1876 said:

Fans havent stopped buying season tickets when we were continuously slipping down the table so not sure why so many are saying sales will drop significantly when we have finally started moving up.

Four consecutive seasons of solid underachievement in League One. A fifth on the horizon. A 7-2 embarrassment in the play-offs including possibly the most gutless 45 minutes of football we have ever produced. A manager who has looked and sounded ever more clueless as the season wore on.

Sales probably won’t “drop significantly”. But it’s really, really not that difficult to work out why some supporters may have finally reached a tipping point. 

Edited by AGPar

This was a season of failure for you guys, but it can probably be argued that it was the least spectacular failure of your 4 down here.  

This was the first season alongside a club of comparable size, so coming second to them was disappointing rather than disgraceful.

However, that is offset by the fact that you finished well behind them, and that you got totally horsed in the play-off, and because it was the latest failure in a wearying series of them. 

You'll still rightly start as favourites next time though.

4 minutes ago, Ecosse83 said:

How quickly do we usually get an update on the squad, who’s released etc? 

I'm actually dreading that. Because I think McGlynn will keep his favourites and let the likes of Burrell, Lawal, go. Basically anyone with a hint of talent goes and plodders like Oliver will get kept. The fact he gave Nesbitt a two year deal should be your starter for ten. Gives you the absolute fear. 

11 minutes ago, FalkirkBairn2021 said:

I do agree with this to a point. But even if every FSS member lobbied reps to replace McGlynn they are just a small voice on a board.

But no one forces us to buy season tickets or attend games. If we don't like the management we can exercise our right to withhold cash. It is a fan owned club and there will always be differences of opinion.

I dont see me not going at the start of next season. Even with McGlynn. But its a no to a ST and if i am watching Coll Donaldson square a 45th pass of the half to another clogger im out.

And to answer the earlier question,  no, I'm not a FSS member.

They are a small voice? They are 40% of the Board and the other 60% are all members of FSS. Between FSS and the Patrons they own over 50% of the club. It is far from a small voice 

9 minutes ago, Monkey Tennis said:

This was a season of failure for you guys, but it can probably be argued that it was the least spectacular failure of your 4 down here.  

This was the first season alongside a club of comparable size, so coming second to them was disappointing rather than disgraceful.

However, that is offset by the fact that you finished well behind them, and that you got totally horsed in the play-off, and because it was the latest failure in a wearying series of them. 

You're forgetting about the season we had all the momentum and could well have won the league had it not been cancelled. As a minimum we'd have finished second.

Guest Ecosse83
2 minutes ago, ebobsboy said:

I'm actually dreading that. Because I think McGlynn will keep his favourites and let the likes of Burrell, Lawal, go. Basically anyone with a hint of talent goes and plodders like Oliver will get kept. The fact he gave Nesbitt a two year deal should be your starter for ten. Gives you the absolute fear. 

Aye I’m hoping Oliver is gone. It would be a worry if his deal is extended after what he has offered this season. There is surely better out there than him! 

Burrell I’m not too fussed on but would be interested to see Lawal get more minutes next season. 

6 minutes ago, Donathan said:

You're forgetting about the season we had all the momentum and could well have won the league had it not been cancelled. As a minimum we'd have finished second.

I'm not forgetting it.

You might well have won it that year or come through the play-offs successfully.  However, when it was called, you were behind a significantly smaller club.

Remember too, that you'd have looked better this season as well, if it had ground to a halt in March.

Edited by Monkey Tennis

4 hours ago, Back Post Misses said:

No you are not. You just need to watch the matchday vlog on YouTube to see what you think you are. I think you will beat Hamilton but it will be rather amusing if you don’t considering the crowing of some on here. 

Nah you're off the mark there. We've been going about our business pretty humbly and cautiously the last few years - we have every right to be enjoying any recent successes. No offence but a Falkirk fan accusing another fan base of thinking we are above our station is the height of hypocrisy 

19 minutes ago, Monkey Tennis said:

Not for me. 19/20 we were a point off top and still had Raith to play at home.

Miller and McCracken have got us closer to getting out of this league than their 4 more experienced counterparts. 

17 minutes ago, ebobsboy said:

Has it been forgotten that the players also have a choice in this.

Certain circumstances not in the public domain may dictate why players go.

The release list is just that. It doesn't infer anything about the reasons behind who is and isn't on the list realistically.

2 minutes ago, Blame Me said:
24 minutes ago, ebobsboy said:

Has it been forgotten that the players also have a choice in this.

Certain circumstances not in the public domain may dictate why players go.

The release list is just that. It doesn't infer anything about the reasons behind who is and isn't on the list realistically.

Let’s just see what the next few weeks bring. We can speculate till the cows come home, but like many, dreading confirmation that the likes of, PJ/ Kinnear / McKay / Donaldson / Oliver / McGinn / have been kept ( not sold or moved) and players like Morrison seeing out his final year. 
Hope I’m wrong…….