The Falkirk FC Thread

I liked him at the Pars but was not without his faults and wasn't particularly bothered when he didn't re-sign. Much better off with Bene.

3 minutes ago, ChrispPancake said:

I'm at a loss as to ehy anyone believe's Donaldson is anything other than pish.

He's slow as a wet week in Skegness, has zero vision for a pass amd little to no zonal awareness. 

3 minutes ago, ChrispPancake said:

I'm at a loss as to ehy anyone believe's Donaldson is anything other than pish.

He's slow as a wet week in Skegness, has zero vision for a pass amd little to no zonal awareness. 

I thought he was excellent first half of the season needs to keep it simple though. 

Another thing mcglynn needs to ditch is his zonal marking at set pieces. Get back to Man to man FFS 

1 minute ago, Shodwall cat said:

I thought he was excellent first half of the season needs to keep it simple though. 

Another thing mcglynn needs to ditch is his zonal marking at set pieces. Get back to Man to man FFS 

christ no, he slowed down the game down every time the ball came to him. I lost count the number of times he was caught out of position and for a centre half, if you've no pace the you need to stay 5yrds closer to your box than a forward that could give Linford Christie a run for his money. League 1 is about as good as he'll get and we'll continue to leak stupid goals if he stays

Spoken to a few Dundee Utd fans at work their view of Coll is nice guy tries hard but needs an experienced head beside him to talk him through a game, apart from that a bit of a disaster.

Another ICT fan at work opinion of Brad has to be shouted at once in a while to keep him in focus (sounds about right)

Burrell showed why he didn't get the start with McGlynn personally think the last few games he put in a sort of half arsed attempt at an effort, poor first touch good as an impact sub but not as a starter.

Lawal I think is one for the future and this was a see how he is.  I think Watson in CD wouldn't be a bad shout if we offered him a deal poss at a reduced term was fussed when he left last time but he seems to have done well wherever he went since he left us.

By far I thought Yeats was excellent on Saturday.

Edited by AL-FFC

52 minutes ago, Trump said:

Hearing we are looking at Alex Ferguson (no, not that one) on loan from St Johnstone from next season. Scored 6 goals and 12 assists for East Fife from midfield this season whilst out on loan, if he’s anything like our last midfield loan signing from Perth I’ll take that.

Can play on either wing or as the 10 and has a cracking delivery on him. 

Would love Charlie Gilmour from them as well but he'll have better offers than us.

Lewis saying on Falkirk daft it's 50/50 we keep McGlynn according to the fans. That is absolutely outstanding. A complete and utter arse collapse of a season with us struggling to even have a go at home at Airdrie and half the support want to keep him. I'm absolutely done. 

57 minutes ago, Trump said:

Hearing we are looking at Alex Ferguson (no, not that one) on loan from St Johnstone from next season. Scored 6 goals and 12 assists for East Fife from midfield this season whilst out on loan, if he’s anything like our last midfield loan signing from Perth I’ll take that.

Would be a sensible signing imo. 

I'm sorry but signing a guy who scored 6 goals and 12 assists for East Fife on loan if that's the barometer for next season then get in the sea. We need far better than that if Pingu wants to get real and actually get us out this league. 

1 hour ago, Trump said:

He was on loan to Edinburgh City and I thought he was a bit lightweight but he's got another season under his belt and seems to have done well with East Fife so fair play if he kicks on at TFS.

29 minutes ago, ebobsboy said:

I'm sorry but signing a guy who scored 6 goals and 12 assists for East Fife on loan if that's the barometer for next season then get in the sea. We need far better than that if Pingu wants to get real and actually get us out this league. 

Aye young players working their way up the leagues on loan isn’t the way to go imo I say we Chuck 2 year deals at the worst full time players and see how that goes…

23 minutes ago, Bairn in Exile said:

"You can fool some of the people all of the time" eh?

Not sure how to interpret the podcast. Shockingly we have the Lewis trying to justify McGlynn throughout, and the mic utterly devastated with the last two weeks or so. 
FFS we absolutely deserve the happy clapper brigade.
Appallingly we have so called supporters that think Saturdays appalling performance was anywhere near acceptable.

50 minutes ago, ebobsboy said:

Who are you actually expecting us to sign?

We're coming up for our 5th season in league 1 and are one of the lowest placed full time teams bar QOS in Scotland. So the pool of players interested in signing with us isn't the biggest.

Loans will be where most of our quality comes from as shown this season with Alegria, Kennedy and Kucheriavyi.

5 hours ago, Reggie Perrin said:

He lives in South Yorkshire and has contributed greatly to the club over many years both personally and through his business.

Not really fair having a dig about season tickets in the grand scheme of things.

Thanks but he is best ignored. I didn’t buy a ST for a reason and location wasn’t it. I did buy last season as a member of the Premier Club. Next season I am back to the KM stand. 

6 hours ago, ebobsboy said:

I presume you thought Max was a terrible signing before he joined with just one goal from midfield on loan at a League Two team the season before?

I don’t know a lot about him but seems highly rated, and he’d need experienced team mates to support him, would rather young hungry players coming in than the journeyman we’ve signed at this level at times.