The Falkirk FC Thread

15 minutes ago, Chinatoon Bairn said:

It's time we start considering the fact that the referee did in fact get the penalty decision correct.

1 minute ago, Chinatoon Bairn said:

Word from the player this morning.

Having viewed it far too many times I can't be sure it was awarded for handball but could concede that it's been awarded for Yeats holding or jumping over the Cove player at the near post to win the header which then cannons off Burrell's hand.

However, I look forward to a penalty per game being awarded if that's the standard for such things 😤

1 minute ago, Blame Me said:

Having viewed it far too many times I can't be sure it was awarded for handball but could concede that it's been awarded for Yeats holding or jumping over the Cove player at the near post to win the header which then cannons off Burrell's hand.

However, I look forward to a penalty per game being awarded if that's the standard for such things 😤

Yeats' hand

5 minutes ago, Chinatoon Bairn said:

Yeats' hand

Where did you read that? If it's his twitter, which I don't do, is it possible to share it on here? I must say that, having looked at the footage back, Yeats certainly looks guilty after the incident. Classic, standing still with his hands spread trying not to look guilty pose.

9 minutes ago, Chinatoon Bairn said:

Yeats' hand

Oooft but would agree 😮‍💨

Best of it is, Yeats arms end up in that position - above the Cove player - as the Cove player is ducking Burrell's high boot! 

Soft award of many over the weekend, which is galling as you won't ever see us get the same in our favour.

Edited by Blame Me
Revised

31 minutes ago, ShaggerG said:

I assume you mean 8 players as a net figure because they've signed 16? If it is a net figure we're obviously less than 7 too.

You’re right. Sorry the site I looked at previously suggested 8. 

Still don’t see anything to think they’ll have a larger budget though.  Some of the players they brought in are from the likes of Forest Green, Formartine and Dyce and as I mentioned they’ll still have several on Part-time contracts, which will likely include Megginson. 

Suspect McGinn, Lang, Spencer, Donaldson, Morrison, Ageyman, and Hogarth will be on decent money. Know they’ll have some on good wages but would be surprised if they tipped the overall balance. 

Edited by Van_damage

image.png.beadae2bfb737f302d353ce0493c1eaf.png

Point of contact would have been here.  Burrell misses the ball and impossible to tell what it hits from the video (you can only see Yeats leg) before popping up and hitting Burrell clean in the face (slowed the replay down to .25 percent on Youtube).

Ref would have zero chance of being 100% sure with Agyeman between him and the ball.

Didn't hit Burrells arm as I thought it did on initial viewing.

6 minutes ago, MulsonFFC said:

Ref would have zero chance of being 100% sure with Agyeman between him and the ball.

I disagree that the ref's angle is obscured by Ageyman.

I'd suggest Yeats knew very little about the contact as the size difference has left his arm in the flight of the ball once the Cove player ducks.

16 hours ago, Chinatoon Bairn said:

It's time we start considering the fact that the referee did in fact get the penalty decision correct.

For me after only viewing the highlights, if it is handball it shouldn't be a penalty even if it is from a Falkirk player due to how it is played in

There was a handball incident against Chelsea yesterday, like Saturday it was never a penalty.....common sense should prevail but rarely does with Scottish refs 

Edited by MrDust

2 minutes ago, Blame Me said:

I disagree that the ref's angle is obscured by Ageyman.

I'd suggest Yeats knew very little about the contact as the size difference has left his arm in the flight of the ball once the Cove player ducks.

Yeah, maybe not, difficult to tell.

You can't see a lot of yeats but the more I look at it the more it seems he was absolutely climbing all over the back of the Cove player and would have had zero knowledge of the ball hitting him.

Just now, Blame Me said:

@MulsonFFC it's a good spot by the ref and on balance of probabilities that's what he's awarded it for.

What I and others are peeved about is that we know similar incidents won't be given for us if the shoe was on the other foot.

He definitely gave it for hand ball.

Look at the referee after the award...he clearly raises his arm in the same manner Burrels arm was raised to say it was given due to ball contacting a raised arm. Check Yeats's arm before and after the ball cannons off Burrels face. It's wrapped around the Cove defender, you can see the white sleeve pointing down before and after it goes out of shot. Clearly not been given against Yeats...Ref saw an arm go up, guessed it hit it and gave a penalty, cos why not...its Falkirk lolz...

It is quite simply never a penalty in a million years. 

Both from watching the replays and from the reaction of our players at the time. Don't think the penalty was taken til 3 or 4 minutes after the award such was the strength of protest against the decision. 

If that is the standard  I look forward to us receiving about 10 penalties this season, rather than the 1 (one) we've had in the last 12 months. Won't happen though. 

Edited by NavyBlueArmy1876

If we hadn’t gifted them the second goal we’d probably have been fine anyway.

Decisions go against you in games at times but we got back into the game and were in a good position to win on Saturday. Only got ourselves to blame.