The Falkirk FC Thread

31 minutes ago, MulsonFFC said:

Just watched it back again and its horrific which ever way you spin it but having not really noticed it previously McCann makes no effort to get back and cover Burrell.  This is the point the long ball is thrown up. McCann is level with Burrell (although Burrell is ahead of him in the turn)

image.png.55a85063b1af6d985385f9c224262d7a.png

This is where Burrell collects the ball, McCann was ball watching and didn't even know Burrell was there until he had the ball:

image.png.daf9b990f951fe4e23fca6a48f8c2db9.png

Terrible lack of awareness from both McKay and McCann tbh.

Can't really see what more Lang could have done, he didn't and likely couldn't get near the ball throughout the play.

Lang gets caught on his heels with the ball landing well outside the box. Defenders  really shouldn’t let it bounce over their head like that, it’s not like it was a quick break away either as we were set up for an initial goal kick. The midfield and defence should have dropped back as a unit to be able to deal with any long ball and not leave all that space behind them for players like Burrell to run in to. We actually got a bit lucky with the bounce as went about 12 feet in the air allowing McKay the chance to get back to cover, even if he made a mess of it. 

The positioning of the whole back line is poor though. McKay should probably be marking their striker with Lang covering the space inside or behind. We never seem to look like we defend as a solid line though. Always look at 6s and 7s with balls through the middle. 

IMG_6839.jpeg

16 minutes ago, MulsonFFC said:

Reverse angle of the Cove penalty award from the SPFL highlights..... its a pen and actually a very good decision (however much you disagree with the handball laws).

Well, it just goes to show you! Clearest penalty you'll ever see, yet from the other angle it looked a very, very shaky decision. My favourite part was the wee p***k giving it the big 'get it up ye' to the cameras at Burrell's goal though.

5 minutes ago, ShaggerG said:

Well, it just goes to show you! Clearest penalty you'll ever see, yet from the other angle it looked a very, very shaky decision. My favourite part was the wee p***k giving it the big 'get it up ye' to the cameras at Burrell's goal though.

Exactly. What was he thinking about, punching it like that? 😆

PS Spotted Hartley giving it the full bhoona at their goal too. Settle doon, games last 96 minutes plus...

46 minutes ago, ShaggerG said:

Well, it just goes to show you! Clearest penalty you'll ever see, yet from the other angle it looked a very, very shaky decision. My least favourite part was the wee p***k giving it the big 'get it up ye' to the cameras at Burrell's goal though.

FTFY

Having now seen it from both angles I still think Yeats had headed that rather than punched it away, even though his arm was up. Literally no one appeals for it either 

Would help if Cove didn't film their highlights with a potato. Either that or some of Hartley's grease has been smeared over the lens.

If it has come off his arm it's in the ridiculously soft category, where Kirkland conveniently didn't award a penalty for very similar claim we had later in the game

1 hour ago, FFC 1876 said:

Still an absolute c**t of a ref.

Maybe so, but despite all the wailing and gnashing of teeth on here, we weren’t robbed by a terrible refereeing decision because the referee got it right.

As for Burrell’s goal, McKay’s header falls into much the same category as Lang’s pass against DU. McCann’s total lack of tracking of Burrell was extremely poor, and is just another example of our ever present lack of organisation and discipline at the back.

Edited by Duncan Freemason

1 hour ago, Bairn in Exile said:

FTFY

It was actually my favourite bit because it proves what a little dick he is.

If  we were voting for our most unpleasant manager ever he would win hands down! I used to hate the way he treated wee Lewis when he was interviewing him.

1 hour ago, NavyBlueArmy1876 said:

Having now seen it from both angles I still think Yeats had headed that rather than punched it away, even though his arm was up. Literally no one appeals for it either 

Would help if Cove didn't film their highlights with a potato. Either that or some of Hartley's grease has been smeared over the lens.

If it has come off his arm it's in the ridiculously soft category, where Kirkland conveniently didn't award a penalty for very similar claim we had later in the game

Sorry but this is complete havers, come on.

He literally punched the ball! And 3 or 4 CR players appeal to the ref immediately, pointing at their arms. It is a stonewaller, end of story. Further moaning about the award is just silly.

Like most ? of us I am not impressed by McKay but if the guy is trying his best and it's still not good enough, that is not his fault, it's the manager's fault for playing him.  All we can ask from anyone in life is they do their best. If he is not doing his best, that's a different story.

Edited by Long Suffering Bairn

https://www.falkirkherald.co.uk/sport/football/falkirk-fc-bairns-boss-john-mcglynn-insists-league-one-is-still-very-tough-without-threat-of-dunfermline-and-airdrieonians-4259988
This is very interesting bit about the league this year and that every team is a threat this season and us being favourites to go up but every team being a threat to us and John thinking that teams that go up can keep it up and threaten the the top teams in the championship as per the fire shite and Airdrie this season getting results against Dundee and Partick respectively.

I don’t think that the thought of keeping up with the top half of the championship after going up is true without big investment for us

17 minutes ago, Hisingdoon said:

https://www.falkirkherald.co.uk/sport/football/falkirk-fc-bairns-boss-john-mcglynn-insists-league-one-is-still-very-tough-without-threat-of-dunfermline-and-airdrieonians-4259988
This is very interesting bit about the league this year and that every team is a threat this season and us being favourites to go up but every team being a threat to us and John thinking that teams that go up can keep it up and threaten the the top teams in the championship as per the fire shite and Airdrie this season getting results against Dundee and Partick respectively.

I don’t think that the thought of keeping up with the top half of the championship after going up is true without big investment for us

We dominated Partick and Dundee United were slightly better than us but not by much.

5 minutes ago, FFC 1876 said:

We dominated Partick and Dundee United were slightly better than us but not by much.

Even if we did well against 2 playoff contenders in 1 game I still think we wouldn’t do as well as that across 4 games against them and the rest of the championship apart from Morton, ict, Airdrie, the fife shite and raith rovers

52 minutes ago, Hisingdoon said:

I'm fairly steadfast in my belief that the team who wins league one should immediately look to challenge for the playoffs in the Championship. In the last ten years, a team promoted from from league one has at least finished fifth every year. I think in 7/10 of the seasons they finished in the playoffs. Every year it was the league winner bar last season, where QP finished above Cove. 

1 hour ago, Ranaldo Bairn said:

He literally punched the ball! And 3 or 4 CR players appeal to the ref immediately, pointing at their arms. It is a stonewaller, end of story. Further moaning about the award is just silly.

It's actually a rare bit of good refereeing. 

Edited by HoBNob

2 hours ago, Ranaldo Bairn said:

Maybe I am a bit blind. His hand is up no doubt but it looks like it may have come off his head. I genuinely can’t see it hitting his hand and I have slowed it down and tried to freeze it.