The Falkirk FC Thread

28 minutes ago, Zbairn said:

Problem is.... I remember being in the Brockville Bar when Campbell was being lauded as the new saviour of the club. Just as well KJ and a few others had his card marked. 

There will always be a concern when it's not a Falkirk man who is doling out the cash. We certainly don't want to go down the Campbell route again and I have a lot more confidence in our current BoD to make sure that it doesn't. 

I seem to remember they went to the BOD with their concerns about Campbell and only escalated it when they were dismissed.

I think you should do the same and hope the outcome is different.

2 minutes ago, Bairney The Dinosaur said:

I seem to remember they went to the BOD with their concerns about Campbell and only escalated it when they were dismissed.

I think you should do the same and hope the outcome is different.

What concerns do I have ?  

Like many that post on here when the post/comment appeared that we were meeting with potential investment, it certainly was of great interest after the last couple of months of continuing onslaught  investing in the FSS. Yes we want the right people, but if it means parking the stool, I don’t really have issues if someone was wanting to genuinely invest.
I can’t speak for others but I’d hazard a guess most of the FSS membership are investing with no other want/ask other than helping the club with the yearly shortfall. Most of the guys I go with to the footy have the same opinion. Helping the club at a time when we have a decent squad and every right to being promoted, and No other interest whatsoever.
For me this is reflected in the recent turnout at the FSS meeting which I believe was very poorly attended. 

If I have interpreted the last few pages correctly, the posts suggest that many on here have direct/indirect connections to the people that we have as directors, and running the club. However some of the posts for me cross the line. If you have credible information post it if you don’t…..don’t bother.

25 minutes ago, RC55 FFC said:

It’s as likely him than anyone else as I’m not convinced anyone was there for that reason 😂. Probably someone from Tim Hortons looking for an advertising board 😂

Just wait till ‘Get to Falkirk’ launches on Disney next season, then you’ll be eating your words(or Timbits!) 

6 hours ago, Dave McInally said:

Sure they have other things on their plate so why I was hoping you would clear it up. You’re the only patron I know with this conviction. The others can’t remember that specifically and can only find reference to the 26% in any correspondence.

I would have thought that as it exists as a resolution it would require another resolution to remove it considering it had no apparent time limit. 

Will give up asking you to admit that the FD comments regarding the 26% were wrong though as seems you don’t want to suggest you could be mistaken. 

40p shares option gone

50p shares to bring the  holding up to 45% still an option for the owner of Steller Blue Limited

when you subscribe for shares, these are newly issued shares as far as I’m aware

32 minutes ago, grumpyoldman said:

40p shares option gone

50p shares to bring the  holding up to 45% still an option for the owner of Steller Blue Limited

when you subscribe for shares, these are newly issued shares as far as I’m aware

Sorry G, not sure I’m totally following you. Do you mean when anyone buys shares they are newly issued? 

5 minutes ago, Harry Kinnear said:

It’s hard to separate that from Shieldhill, mind you I once made the mistake of saying someone from California was from Shieldhill to which they reliably informed me “I’m from the village ya daft c**t” 😲🤣

People from the Braes Villages are Falkirks high-born, and quite simply, not to be fucked with. 

25 minutes ago, Dave McInally said:

Sorry G, not sure I’m totally following you. Do you mean when anyone buys shares they are newly issued? 

No
My understanding, the 40p shares were already issued shares, which all now been purchased by FFS etc.

The 50p shares talked about which Steller Blue Ltd still hold the right to subscribe to would be a new issue.

4 minutes ago, grumpyoldman said:

No
My understanding, the 40p shares were already issued shares, which all now been purchased by FFS etc.

The 50p shares talked about which Steller Blue Ltd still hold the right to subscribe to would be a new issue.

Yeh that’s my understanding too. As far as I can tell they will only issue the exact number of 50p shares required for them to get to 45% of which I make it around another 2,752,524 shares.