The Falkirk FC Thread

11 minutes ago, LatapyBairn. said:

Don’t think there is a debate now that somebody had the sense to simply ask the club the question! Time to move on.  

You think ? 

Dave McInally also e-mailed the club and still comes out with the comment :-

"I’m happy to leave it as only replying to what has been said and trying to gain clarity which I don’t think has occurred yet.

6 minutes ago, gav-ffc said:

I would be interested in van Damages position but I imagine he’s posting under another name.

Interesting that Van's name should be brought up, who has had nothing to say in this discussion whatsoever.

As opposed to Mr Grimsdale?, who was very vocal at the start, but seems to have disappeared. I would like to garner his opinion as well, since he had a lot say at the beginning.

4 minutes ago, Zbairn said:

Interesting that Van's name should be brought up, who has had nothing to say in this discussion whatsoever.

As opposed to Mr Grimsdale?, who was very vocal at the start, but seems to have disappeared. I would like to garner his opinion as well, since he had a lot say at the beginning.

Take it how you want, but this is embarrassing from the both of you.

Edited by Sarcastic Bairn

13 minutes ago, gav-ffc said:

I would be interested in van Damages position but I imagine he’s posting under another name.

I don't think Dave McInally has made any secret of the fact he was/is Van Damage. Credit to him that he's foregone anonymity to state his concerns or understanding of the position.

Edited by Blame Me

1 hour ago, gav-ffc said:

Didn’t try to hide who I was under my old username. We’ve spoken on FB Messenger when I ran the CI. Deleted that for personal reasons but came on as fed up of seeing the kind of attacks ZBairn was getting for trying to draw attention to something that clearly was being misunderstood. 

2 hours ago, BPM Again said:

Different prices as I said 

Not that it matters a jot, but it’s not that they are different prices.  40p or 50p shares can be sold for £100 each or 1p each depending on the value of the company, the 40p or 50p is just a nominal value.  

They are different classes, with the 40p shares having been created by special resolution on 22/10/20.  They rank pari passu in all respects per the Articles of Association, so it’s academic though - neither class ranks above the other.

ETA - document freely available on Companies House, page 3, para 2.1.

Edited by Disco Duck

There seems to have been a lot of posters “outing” themselves or other posters on here lately and surely the ability to post anonymously is part of the allure of P&B? Mind you, even after they have been outed I still haven’t a fecking clue who they are!

Historically, I think that I have guessed the identity of a couple of regular-ish posters from way back in my school days but I can’t be 100% sure and that for me is part of the fun.

No more

image.png.8a071ff11f8f911d31fd69877b66dca7.png

I far prefer

image.png.1e8606fe39b8683f18851b079d23a347.png

2 hours ago, Sarcastic Bairn said:

Take it how you want, but this is embarrassing from the both of you.

I only replied to anyone to try clear it up. Not sure what is embarrassing about that. I thought someone might have more clarity here and didn’t want to bug the board with it as know they’ll have better things to do. Also didn’t think they would be able to comment on the details of that agreement. 

At least I did it under my own name rather than hiding behind anonymity.

In any respects I have heard further information from the club and satisfied that there is no threat from the Rawlins being able to gain a 45% stake. 

Edited by Dave McInally

1 hour ago, Dave McInally said:

I only replied to anyone to try clear it up. Not sure what is embarrassing about that. I thought someone might have more clarity here and didn’t want to bug the board with it as know they’ll have better things to do. Also didn’t think they would be able to comment on the details of that agreement. 

At least I did it under my own name rather than hiding behind anonymity.

In any respects I have heard further information from the club and satisfied that there is no threat from the Rawlins being able to gain a 45% stake. 

It’s meant to be an anonymous forum, thin end of the wedge if people start using their own name or much worse naming other contributors.

38 minutes ago, Reggie Perrin said:

It’s meant to be an anonymous forum, thin end of the wedge if people start using their own name or much worse naming other contributors.

I think people are perfectly entitled to use their own name if they want. Bang out of order to name others though. 

48 minutes ago, Rugster said:

I think people are perfectly entitled to use their own name if they want. Bang out of order to name others though. 

Exactly if people want to use their own name that's entirely up to them but don't name individuals who wish to remain anonymous .