The Falkirk FC Thread

4 minutes ago, Balde Bairn said:

You were a bit late to see some of the best Falkirk players I’ve seen as a fan. Kenny Milne sticks out as the best defender I saw. 

Kenny Milne was good, but I do feel very sorry for you young pups who haven't had the pleasure of watching the half-back line of Markie, Miller and Gibson!!

7 minutes ago, Musketeer Gripweed said:

Not even the best Kenny. Kenny Ashwood for me.

Kenny Ashwood at centre half! 😄

Best for me were Stuart Burgess, John Hughes post 1990, David Weir (mostly played at RB tbf) and Darren Barr. Sadly Joe McLaughlin was injured too often for me.

(First game 1983)

22 minutes ago, Kevin James Left Knee said:

Here's a pub quiz question - what is the second most viewed online football match behind the 1966 cup final? No googling.

the last few minutes of Falkirk 3 Hibernian 2, playoffs 2016. 

Vast majority of views by my good self. 

Getting ahead of things slightly I know but if Raith see off Airdrie in the other semi and we manage to win our semi then a Falkirk V Raith final in front of 10/12k  at Tynecastle or Easter Road would be a game to look forward to. 

Edited by Brockers61

7 minutes ago, Brockers61 said:

Getting ahead of things slightly I know but if Raith see off Airdrie in the other semi and we manage to win our semi then a Falkirk V Raith final in front of 10/12k  at Tynecastle or Easter Road would be a game to look forward to. 

The final is at East End Park is it not?

1 hour ago, Ranaldo Bairn said:

Kenny Ashwood at centre half! 😄

Best for me were Stuart Burgess, John Hughes post 1990, David Weir (mostly played at RB tbf) and Darren Barr. Sadly Joe McLaughlin was injured too often for me.

(First game 1983)

Unfair on Big Joe. First season he was injury prone but next two and a half seasons he was a regular. Yogi was the injury prone one after and was also stuck in the middle of the park a fair bit too. 

Joe McLaughlin gets in my centre back pairing post 1990, considering he was in a 1st Division winning side and then a regular in a successful Premier League season. 

The Ivo Den Biemans, Peter Grants were great but lacking top flight games and Darren Barr, David Weir were too often played at right back.

Edited by Numbers_One_To_Eleven