The Falkirk FC Thread

12 minutes ago, gav-ffc said:

Was there also and couldn’t believe the level of rubbish around the KM7. The players are a class act and great with all the kids, a credit to the club much like the management team.

Normally the stands are cleaned between games but with the two days after the match being Hogmanay and NYD, I'd guess the cleaners had something better to do those days. 

17 minutes ago, Bainsfordbairn said:

Normally the stands are cleaned between games but with the two days after the match being Hogmanay and NYD, I'd guess the cleaners had something better to do those days. 

More a reflection on those leaving the rubbish than the club.

1 hour ago, gav-ffc said:

More a reflection on those leaving the rubbish than the club.

In 50 years of going to watch football I rarely (well actually never), remember a time when everyone took their litter home with them, nor do I see facilities in stands to put your litter either. Not sure I understand the fuss here…..

31 minutes ago, roman_bairn said:

In 50 years of going to watch football I rarely (well actually never), remember a time when everyone took their litter home with them, nor do I see facilities in stands to put your litter either. Not sure I understand the fuss here…..

There are bins on the way out the doors in the south stand. It's not out of the question for folk to lift their litter and pop it in the bin on their way out.

3 hours ago, gav-ffc said:

Was there also and couldn’t believe the level of rubbish around the KM7. The players are a class act and great with all the kids, a credit to the club much like the management team.

I always try to pick up my rubbish and put it in the bin. Worked with Jim Dawson a few times when I was about 14 helping pick up the litter at Brockville so know how much a pain it is to clear up.

53 minutes ago, roman_bairn said:

Lack of facilities is an issue too but there are bins. Was something I meant to bring up to the club to help keep the place clean and help give options for recycling some waste too.

St.Mirren have plenty of bins at the front of their stands with general waste and recycling. It doesn’t cost much to install but could save a lot of valuable time for workers/volunteers. Maybe something the FSS could help fund. 

8 minutes ago, Dave McInally said:

I always try to pick up my rubbish and put it in the bin. Worked with Jim Dawson a few times when I was about 14 helping pick up the litter at Brockville so know how much a pain it is to clear up.

Lack of facilities is an issue too but there are bins. Was something I meant to bring up to the club to help keep the place clean and help give options for recycling some waste too.

St.Mirren have plenty of bins at the front of their stands with general waste and recycling. It doesn’t cost much to install but could save a lot of valuable time for workers/volunteers. Maybe something the FSS could help fund. 

Fair enough. If people see it as an issue perhaps we can ask the club announcer to suggest that people put their rubbish in the appropriate bins. It’s just not something that I believe most supporters think of doing as nowadays it’s become the norm to leave rubbish under seats (except those on here it seems 😂)…..

1 minute ago, roman_bairn said:

Fair enough. If people see it as an issue perhaps we can ask the club announcer to suggest that people put their rubbish in the appropriate bins. It’s just not something that I believe most supporters think of doing as nowadays it’s become the norm to leave rubbish under seats (except those on here it seems 😂)…..

Isn’t a great sign for society in general if the exception are those who support people clearing up after themselves! 

1 minute ago, Dave McInally said:

Isn’t a great sign for society in general if the exception are those who support people clearing up after themselves! 

I actually agree.
However I don’t think many would have an issue with doing so. I just think it’s the way things have been done for many years and can easily be changed with encouragement.
Mind you, given the challenges getting out of the door after the game rushing to get to your car, trying to locate bins isn’t likely to be that straightforward unless they are conveniently located……

2 minutes ago, roman_bairn said:

I actually agree.
However I don’t think many would have an issue with doing so. I just think it’s the way things have been done for many years and can easily be changed with encouragement.
Mind you, given the challenges getting out of the door after the game rushing to get to your car, trying to locate bins isn’t likely to be that straightforward unless they are conveniently located……

Yeh don’t disagree either. Do always try to pick up my rubbish but as you say, there often isn’t anywhere to put them so you’re stuck holding them or placing them somewhere else. At least more bins would lessen the excuses for not disposing of litter(and I do place myself in that category too). 

Edited by Dave McInally

5 minutes ago, JulioBairn said:

I’m sure I’m not in the minority when I say I’d rather the FSS were funding the playing budget than buying bins 😵‍💫

Would you rather the club not pay cleaners then and just let the place fill up with rubbish?

5 minutes ago, Dave McInally said:

Would you rather the club not pay cleaners then and just let the place fill up with rubbish?

😂😂😂. This could be the worst yet.

Maybe we could start an eco group who could fundraise for some bins and leave the FSS to contribute to other areas. Eco76 has a nice ring to it. 

2 minutes ago, JulioBairn said:

😂😂😂. This could be the worst yet.

Maybe we could start an eco group who could fundraise for some bins and leave the FSS to contribute to other areas. Eco76 has a nice ring to it. 

Can mock if you want but the more any club can do for the environment the better to be honest. Can help cut costs in the long run too. 

I remember previous club management getting dogs abuse for putting a bit in the pre match announcements regarding clearing up litter, when it comes to minutia like that it needs to be kept relaxed. Get the important decisions right and let the fans (the owners) self police themselves with this type stuff! It’s not a dictatorship! (Also I totally agree it’s a sign of how well things are going both on and of the park when stuff like this becomes an actual topic of discussion!)

Edited by LatapyBairn.