The Falkirk FC Thread

7 hours ago, Blane Fonda said:

Just buy another ticket FFS!

Buggering about with switching seats and what not, will be a pain in the arse for the staff and our systems aren’t designed to cope with exceptional circumstances like this.

i swear we must have the most deadbeat fans in Scotland, folk that cannot afford a tenner a month for fss and folk that won’t buy a main stand ticket to sit in the main stand. It’s nuts! 

Not only are we in the middle of the worst cost of living crisis and those who have spent hundreds on a season ticket already shouldn’t really be expected to go and drop another £20 on a ticket, but we need as many bums on seats as possible on Saturday to make TFS a cauldron of noise. Last thing we need is someone buying a main stand ticket and leaving his season ticket seat empty in the KM.

At least if he does it transparently with the club they can sell the KM seat to someone else. 

Edited by JS_FFC

4 hours ago, JS_FFC said:

Not only are we in the middle of the worst cost of living crisis and those who have spent hundreds on a season ticket already shouldn’t really be expected to go and drop another £20 on a ticket, but we need as many bums on seats as possible on Saturday to make TFS a cauldron of noise. Last thing we need is someone buying a main stand ticket and leaving his season ticket seat empty in the KM.

At least if he does it transparently with the club they can sell the KM seat to someone else. 

You're spot on here. It makes absolutely zero sense for that seat to sit empty, especially when main stand tickets will be available up to KO on Saturday. I've lost count of how many posts I've seen on Facebook of folk looking for KM tickets. It's the place to be. Ended up agreeing with a mate that they could use my ST for Saturday and they gave me the money for a main stand seat. Happy days.

Speaking of contributing to the club - I think the FSS is a great initiative, I really do, but people are acting like it's the ONLY way to contribute to the club coffers. I haven't signed up yet, but going to every game and spending £20+ on travel each time, and not including the additional cost of away match tickets, plus buying club merchandise, and the odd donner pie and Brockville Bar pint, means I'm genuinely left pretty short. I'm planning on buying the white away shirt on payday, which hasn't had a single reduction in price. I'm also convincing neutrals to come to games as much as I can. I'll most likely sign up fresh for next season as the summer months will give me a break from the spending (unless Scotland do something special in Germany! 

I know he didn't specifically mention the FSS but I reckon it was heading in that direction 🤣

Edited by Raybowski89

10 minutes ago, Raybowski89 said:

You're spot on here. It makes absolutely zero sense for that seat to sit empty, especially when main stand tickets will be available up to KO on Saturday. I've lost count of how many posts I've seen on Facebook of folk looking for KM tickets. It's the place to be. Ended up agreeing with a mate that they could use my ST for Saturday and they gave me the money for a main stand seat. Happy days.

Speaking of contributing to the club - I think the FSS is a great initiative, I really do, but people are acting like it's the ONLY way to contribute to the club coffers. I haven't signed up yet, but going to every game and spending £20+ on travel each time, and not including the additional cost of away match tickets, plus buying club merchandise, and the odd donner pie and Brockville Bar pint, means I'm genuinely left pretty short. I'm planning on buying the white away shirt on payday, which hasn't had a single reduction in price. I'm also convincing neutrals to come to games as much as I can. I'll most likely sign up fresh for next season as the summer months will give me a break from the spending (unless Scotland do something special in Germany! 

I know he didn't specifically mention the FSS but I reckon it was heading in that direction 🤣

I hope your finances get a bit easier for you mate and that you manage to sign up next season. Every tenner counts!

I don’t think anyone is trying to shame anyone into signing up. As I said in an earlier post, we all contribute in some form whether it be tickets, merchandise, hospitality, FSS or all of the above. 
However it is factually correct to say that there are people who can afford to but just choose not to sign up. That’s their choice. It’s not unfair to say - that FSS members on all levels of the income scale also buy strips, season tickets, etc etc. We were asked before the FSS was set up if fan ownership was what we wanted - the vast majority responded yes. With fan ownership comes the need for fan funding. 

The FSS has never pressured anyone into signing up, has always understood financial constraints and even understands those who fundamentally disagree with fan ownership. 

Like ShaggerG says hopefully your finances become a bit easier soon and as I say you are already contributing so there is no shame to be had. 

Edited by Bairn to Believe

7 minutes ago, ShaggerG said:

I hope your finances get a bit easier for you mate and that you manage to sign up next season. Every tenner counts!

It all counts, absolutely. 

Just now, Bairn to Believe said:

I don’t think anyone is trying to shame anyone into signing up. As I said in an earlier post, we all contribute in some form whether it be tickets, merchandise, hospitality, FSS or all of the above. 
However it is factually correct to say that there are people who can afford to but just choose not to sign up. That’s their choice. It’s not unfair to say - that FSS members on all levels of the income scale also buy strips, season tickets, etc etc. We were asked before the FSS was set up if fan ownership was what we wanted - the vast majority responded yes. With fan ownership comes the need for fan funding. 

The FSS has never pressured anyone into signing up, has always understood financial constraints and even understands those who fundamentally disagree with fan ownership. 

That's fair and I can't argue with any of that. I'm 100% in favour of fan ownership so I fully appreciate that with that comes the need for fan funding. I'll see what I can do. Maybe I can cut costs here and there. It's only £10 after all.

Just now, Raybowski89 said:

It all counts, absolutely. 

That's fair and I can't argue with any of that. I'm 100% in favour of fan ownership so I fully appreciate that with that comes the need for fan funding. I'll see what I can do. Maybe I can cut costs here and there. It's only £10 after all.

Mate only sign up when it’s right for you. The things you pointed out were correct - economy in the toilet, cost of living is a sh1t show and you are putting money in. Don’t feel shamed at all. If you do sign up - superb, another voice to strengthen the collective. Top man!

2 minutes ago, Bairn to Believe said:

Mate only sign up when it’s right for you. The things you pointed out were correct - economy in the toilet, cost of living is a sh1t show and you are putting money in. Don’t feel shamed at all. If you do sign up - superb, another voice to strengthen the collective. Top man!

Cheers mate. Appreciate it.

Fan ownership might mean that we're never competing at the top top level, but what it does mean is that we can hopefully have a business model that is financially viable and sustainable. We don't have even £1 of debt (thanks in large part to the BoD) and long may that continue. Some of the financial reports coming out from clubs above us in the pyramid are actually shocking. Look at Dundee Utd - How can you operate on a loss of £4.1M per year!? Bear in mind that they sold some players during that period too and still posted such a staggering loss. 

35 minutes ago, Raybowski89 said:

Random thought - why is the KM7 unallocated for seating anyway? Always wondered this.

Because for the huge majority of matches, it's not needed and would cause much more hassle than it solved. 

My brother and I attended a home game about 6 weeks ago or so (I'm getting old I can't remember which one).  I have a season ticket for KM and he does not.  There were big queues to get in and by the time we got to the turnstile he was turned away as they were "sold out".  He had to go the the main stand.  Looking at the highlights you could see there were easily a couple of hundred empty seats in the KM.

There should be some way us season ticket holders can tell the club they can't come so they can sell the seat for cash and make more money.

Edited by Long Suffering Bairn
mistake

On 10/02/2024 at 11:28, StuartA said:

Seems a bit risk tbh. It’d clutter the area and in any case, the ctty pitch will have to go at some stage. The Scotdrone picture is just an illustration but the ctty pitch is slap-bang in the middle of where the approach and I suppose car park will have to be for the final stand. Guess this planning application will need tooked closely at. 
IMG_4922.thumb.jpeg.30a7ef633c24f7da00a16b114e819bd7.jpeg

The good news is space is the one thing we aren't short of 

With an East Stand the same size as the ones behind the goals there is still plenty of room between it and the community pitch

The Planning Permission for their pitch included a future link road which I assume we could add and then have more parking if required. Could always create another car park behind the south stand as well 

I imagine the new Foundation building will be somewhere to the south of their pitch which wouldn't impede any other future development at the stadium

Screenshot2024-02-12at17_02_50.thumb.png.8319eb7d63e31c5f3ef1e5f3100f0e6e.png

2 minutes ago, Long Suffering Bairn said:

My brother and I attended a home game about 6 weeks ago or so (I'm getting old I can't remember which one).  I have a season ticket for KM and he does not.  There were big queues to get in and by the time we got to the turnstile he was turned away as they were "sold out".  He had to go the the main stand.  Looking at the highlights you could see there were easily a couple of hundred empty seats in the KM.

There should be some way us season ticket holders can tell the club they can't come so they can sell the seat for cash and make more money.

I am one of those punters. I am a KM7 season ticket holder ( concession as i am ancient) and some games for one reason or another usually work related i am not able to go. I am more than happy to have my ticket as it gives the club money up front but i would be happy to let the club know when i am not going. It could give the club another income stream

7 minutes ago, Bigbrbairn said:

I am one of those punters. I am a KM7 season ticket holder ( concession as i am ancient) and some games for one reason or another usually work related i am not able to go. I am more than happy to have my ticket as it gives the club money up front but i would be happy to let the club know when i am not going. It could give the club another income stream

Surely something that needs looked into. 

12 minutes ago, Bigbrbairn said:

Yeah, defo seems like the club are missing a trick here. Other clubs have an option of selling your season ticket back to the club if you're not going to attend a match. My ST is in the KM7 too and if I weren't able to attend a game, I'd absolutely want someone to go in my stead. I wouldn't even want any money for it.

Just now, Bairnardo said:

Surely something that needs looked into. 

Perhaps a system that gives the club the chance to sell tickets after thursday before the game for season ticket holders who have registered their non attendance. A part on the website that you can announce your intention not to go by Wednesday then tickets on sale from the Thursday? If the person ( me i am thinking ) then wants to go they can pay for Main Stand. Just a thought

Just now, Bigbrbairn said:

Perhaps a system that gives the club the chance to sell tickets after thursday before the game for season ticket holders who have registered their non attendance. A part on the website that you can announce your intention not to go by Wednesday then tickets on sale from the Thursday? If the person ( me i am thinking ) then wants to go they can pay for Main Stand. Just a thought

^ this.