The Falkirk FC Thread

Touch a wee nerve, boys?

Not at all.

They are all bonus games that you wouldn't have been able to count on at the start of the season though, with the Cup semi probably worth upwards of quarter of a million.

I have no idea how much money the cup run has brought to Falkirk but it certain is a bonus.

Given the position you were in at the start of the season, the fact that the squad has been fleshed out with kids and has relatively few experienced players in it, you don't think it's worrying that apparently you might not even break even given circa £350k of unbudgeted cup income? Who was going to bridge that gap if it hadn't happened?

Im not aware that we 'might not break even'. As far as I was led to believe we were going to break even this season.

My understanding is that we still have one or 2 players on SPL type wages which wont help.

I have no idea (figure wise) how the finances would have differed without the cup run. although obviously they wouldn't have been as good. How much worse they'd have been I dont know.

I wasn't expecting us to break even this season to be honest, but I hadn't taken into account the cup games etc.

You are not seriously suggesting that Falkirk budgeted on making £300k+ of cup money to break even this season?

I wasn't suggesting that.

Edit to add- It is slightly worrying that we are only going to break even given the added money from the cup, but perhaps the board were planning on doing things differently and the cup run altered their strategy. We are still in the process of cutting our cloth and hopefully by the end of this season we will have found our level of budgets for the coming years.

Edited by MattBairn

They are all bonus games that you wouldn't have been able to count on at the start of the season though

That's my take on it, too. Surely no club includes cup income in its budget forecasts for the year? I know Thistle definitely don't.

Falkirk average home attendance: 3365. Highest: 4383

Morton average home attendance: 1993. Highest: 2621, against?...Falkirk. We had a great support there that day. Then again, Morton rely on clubs like us to survive. :D

Anyone got one of our match programmes handy with the number of Morton supporters at our stadium? I'm sure it was less than 300...

That's my take on it, too. Surely no club includes cup income in its budget forecasts for the year? I know Thistle definitely don't.

We didn't either. The benefit of the unanticipated Cup runs is that we shouldn't have to sell as many players as we might have been forced to..

Morton average home attendance: 1993. Highest: 2621, against?...Falkirk. We had a great support there that day. Then again, Morton rely on clubs like us to survive. :D

Anyone got one of our match programmes handy with the number of Morton supporters at our stadium? I'm sure it was less than 300...

Morton brought 267 in December.

We didn't either. The benefit of the unanticipated Cup runs is that we shouldn't have to sell as many players as we might have been forced to..

We cant have budgeted for selling players though, as you can never tell how much you're going to get for anyone.

Especially at the start of our season when most of the players were untried.

Getting players of the wage bill is one thing, but budgeting on getting a fee for selling players is another thing entirely IMO.

But surely, no club budgets on selling players either? Your sellable assets might get injured, or suffer a loss of form, or simply have no-one who wants to buy them.

With pressley as your manager, they figures are hardly a surprise. Such an inspiration... uh hu hu.

So you anticipated a significant loss, then?

I don't know enough about our finances to give a definite answer to that, but it was clear to everyone that this year was going to be a struggle, despite massive cuts in expenditure. My big worry was holding on to the academy. With our cup runs, and the interest shown in a few of the academy graduates, the outlook seems a lot brighter than it did in the summer.

A year ago...

Kallum Higginbotham - Another waste of a wage. I can't recall seeing a player at the club with such a shite end product. It really is awful. He's clearly got some skill and ability, but it's useless if he can't beat a man or pick out a pass. Always tries too much.

:lol:

Forgive me Kallum, come back!

:lol:

I'd hate to see the amount of utter shite I wrote about him last season. He's certainly stepped up the plate and then some this season, he's been fucking fantastic for the majority of the season and deserves his move.

Kallum Higginbotham :wub:

All the best to Higginbotham. He has been fantastic this season and deserves his move. We have emerged from the transfer window in better shape than I thought we would - only losing 1 player (immediately) and getting good transfer fees.

Has Willie Gibson signed or was that just a rumour that hasn't proved to be true?