The Falkirk FC Thread

I think our strongest team would be

--------------McGovern-------------

Duffie---Dods---Wallace---Scobbie

-----------Millar---Murdoch--------

-Weatherston---Gibson---Sibbald/Alston

----------------El Alagui--------------

But I'd also be happy with the other team discussed.

I think White just needs a goal or two and will come good but I do think that Ally Graham is just as good a player.

Edited by Falkirk-Bairn22

Yes i would! Just thinking this at te game on saturday. White is terrible, maybe am being harsh but that miss from 3 yards was absolutely shocking. Weatherston up with Farid and gibson behind I think would be deadly. Pace would also be key.

Granted he hasn't looked too clever as of yet, but his '3 yard miss' was no where near as bad as David Weatherston's against Hamilton.... Lets give the lad a chance, it's the least he deserves.

Yes i would! Just thinking this at te game on saturday. White is terrible, maybe am being harsh but that miss from 3 yards was absolutely shocking. Weatherston up with Farid and gibson behind I think would be deadly. Pace would also be key.

Have you forgotten the open goal Weatherston missed from less than three yards in the last minute against Hamilton?

It's a decent suggestion, but as recent games have shown (except maybe first half at Ayr where Alston was excellent) we miss Wetherston on the wing. Unlike Sibbs, Alston, Faulds and Fulton he tends to stick to his wide position and not drift into the centre. If we move him to striker we'd probably lose what little width we have.

The 4-2-3-1 we eventually settled on worked quite well on Saturday, with Gibson and White drifting in to support Farid in attack, and Duffie bombing up and down the wings. However, we didn't really have a lot of width in this formation, demonstrated by Carmichael's dominance on the left in the first half. In a lot of recent games, we try to play everything through Millar, and when teams catch on to this and mark him, our lack of width is really exposed.

Thus, I think we could try a 4-5-1 to try and make use of the quite wide surface we have at TFS:

McGovern

Duffie Dods Wallace Scobbie

Weatherston Murdoch Millar J. Fulton Gibson

Farid

Whilst I think Gibson will flourish in the "Higgy" role, his biggest asset seems to be his excellent crossing and deliveries, which Farid would probably lap up.

I'm quite happy with the 4-4-1-1 we've been using all season and the 4-2-3-1 we used on Saturday, but I think giving the 4-5-1 a go could help overcome our lack of width.

If we are going to continue with two up front, I would rather see Bennett continue in that role over White. Bennett has better aerial ability, and seems to have a better eye for a pass, and a much better touch. White and Farid had some good link-up play, but Bennett has demonstrated in his two cameo appearances up front thus far (East fife away and QOS) that his link up play has the potential to be better.

It was good to see an Academy player in Faulds make his debut. He looked out of sorts in the first 20-odd minutes, with him and Fulton essentially acting like two Burton O'Nonymouses facilitating passes between defenders, but one he and the team as a whole pushed up the park, he really came on to a game. Some nice touches, decent pace and decent passing, he looks like he could become a good player in time, although he did tend to move into more central positions, á la Sibbs, Alston and Fulton

I would agree that Bennet plays well upfront but If we want to stay in Boltons good books we should play him more in CB. [/left]

Not so sure about that. Utility players (Good ones, not Chris Mitchell) are valuable assets to have. They allow you to change your formation without making a substitution.

See Kevin James in the semi-final against Celtic for proof wink.gif

We are Falkirk. We'll do what we want.

......................McGovern

Duffie......Dods.......Wallace......Scobbie

........Fulton......Millar........Murdoch

........................Gibson

.Weatherston/White...Farid

I'd like to see us go for a 4-3-1-2, as I think it plays to our players strengths. The full backs get better support going forward, the central midfield three can all pass and play in the middle of the park, and provide better protection for the defense. Farid gets better service and every header he wins is at least competed for (when playing 4-5-1 so many of his headers are wasted) If we play with Weatherston and Farid, he is looking for Farid's flick ons and use his pace to run in behind. If we play with White and Farid, he is looking to get on to Farids knock-downs, hold the ball up and bring the others around him in to play.

If we are struggling, just put Bennett and Dods up front...simples 8)

Edited by NavyBlueArmy1876

Ramsdens Cup Final

For those that may not have seen it yet, there is a Ramsdens Cup Final section on the online store - http://www.thefalkirkshop.co.uk/ramsdens-cup-final-range-c-25

Within that section is the new in stock limited edition Cup Final souvenir scarf which was selling very well before Saturdays match versus QOS - http://www.thefalkirkshop.co.uk/limited-edition-ramsdens-final-scarf-c-25-p-14

Keep an eye out on the official website, online store and FFC facebook/twitter pages for more details on the Limited Edition Cup Final t-shirts coming very soon.

Thanks

Retail Team

Reserves beat Alloa 3-1 tonight in a bounce game. Team was Bowman, Rowan, Bennett, Kingsley, Dick, McGrandles, Brisbane, Dale Fulton, Alston, Munn, Kelly.

Should have been more; Kelly "goal" which went over the line wasn't given and Dale Fulton missed a pen.

Edit for some shoddy spelling.

Edited by Dennis Bergkamp

We should take a lesson from the Swedes and make an atmosphere in the South Stand like this :D

The fun police would throw them out at TFS mad.gif.One guy had a megaphone, another had a drum and of course they are doing the awful evil of standing up.

unsure.gif did anyone else just see Brian McLean on the ITV news at Ten. They were talking about Tevez. There was a short film of him playing in a reserve match and Brian Mclean was standing in the back ground. I presume this means things are not going well at Preston North End for him then.

I thought he was a regular starter at the beginning of the season. Can't say I've noticed him while watching the Football League show.

But ultimately I'm thinking....who cares? He was half decent, but only half decent. I had bigger expectations to be honest, albeit not a Burton O'Brien letdown.

I thought McLean was ok for us, but not the outstanding player he could/should/ be.

Whilst we have shipped a few goals, I don't think he we would make any impression on our defence this season tbh.

Fwiw, he is a really quiet, down to earth kind of bloke :)

Reserves beat Alloa 3-1 tonight in a bounce game. Team was Bowman, Rowan, Bennett, Kingsley, Dick, McGrandles, Brisbane, Dale Fulton, Alston, Munn, Kelly.

Should have been more; Kelly "goal" which went over the line wasn't given and Dale Fulton missed a pen.

Edit for some shoddy spelling.

Any idea on goalscorers?

You could tell from his persona on the pitch. Eddie May built a team of 'nice guys', too nice to stay up.

Yep. You need a few snarlers in any team, particularly in the middle of the park. Centre-halfs and centre-midfielders should be total c***s that folk are scared to go near.