The Falkirk FC Thread

Weatherston is by all accounts a good player who has been unlucky with injuries. I wouldn't be signing him up for next year due to fitness issues but I've got nothing against the guys work rate or ability as a footballer.

Home top looks better on a player big enough to wear the shirt size.

No offence to Sibbs but it's far too big on him and should have been someone bulkier to show it off.

You need to start feeding these guys. :lol:

From my mate at the club on twitter;

"FFC confirm installation of latest Fifa 2 star artificial surface at the Bairnabeu for next season. Latest surface not used in UK yet."

By all accounts the 2 star rating meets SPL requirements

Mmm .... so long as it's fitted properly I suppose it's a good thing.

The USH was, of course, one of the best in the UK at the time .... would have been fckin great if it had just covered all of the pitch !!

What will happen to FFC's building at Stirling - Sandy pumped some of his own money into that did he not !?

If someone had said to me we would have finished 3rd in the league this season I would have bitten their hand off,Well done guys you did well.

Yip - when you chuck in the Scottish Cup semi-final we've had a more successful season than anyone in the First other than Partick ..... and we've been shocking for most of it :lol:

I thought we were going to be wearing the new top yesterday

I wonder what happened to that?

Is it going to be usual, buy a season ticket get a tenner off it?

I was told on Friday that all of the new kit was coming at the same time, late May, including the teams kit so that's why it wasn't worn yesterday.

No idea about discount vouchers, sorry.

Heard Falkirk thinking about getting an artificial pitch following QoS & now Hamilton what's the thoughts?

My only concern is whether it is SPL compliant, assuming we get back there some day

My only concern is whether it is SPL compliant, assuming we get back there some day

Only Fifa 2 star approved pitches are allowed by the SPL, which is the kind we are installing. No issues there.

Edited by Just a bairn

Only Fifa 2 star approved pitches are allowed by the SPL, which is the kind we are installing. No issues there.

In theory, but we all know how the SPL like to move the goalposts (ha ha)

Unless the rules have changed, the spl board have the call on any plastic pitch, doesn't matter how it's rated. Obviously the better the pitch the more chance you have but your still relying on them waking up to the quality of artificial pitches these days, and how useful having one is to Clubs wouldn't bet on it tho. Common sense and the SPL don't go together very easily. Tho with yourselfs and qots installing one takes the number of sfl clubs using them to 11, they can't stay ignorant forever.