The Falkirk FC Thread

Surprised Falkirk fans seem to feel they have had a decent season and holt has done reasonably well.

For me you came 3rd in a mini league of 3 which is disappointing surely?

It is Holt doing a decent job with the resource he had.

The Board are holding the club back and have run out of drive, ambition and constantly mess up with the relationship with the support. We have nearly 2,000 season ticket holders and probably a first team budget which didnt show the support the club gets. Falkirk's budget/top line ratio will be no more than 30%. Under investment has cost us not Holt.

The two are linked but most can see where the problem is and why we didn't go up.

Edited by Back Post Misses

It is Holt doing a decent job with the resource he had.

The Board are holding the club back and have run out of drive, ambition and constantly mess up with the relationship with the support. We have nearly 2,000 season ticket holders and probably a first team budget which didnt show the support the club gets. Falkirk's budget/top line ratio will be no more than 30%. Under investment has cost us not Holt.

The two are linked but most can see where the problem is and why we didn't go up.

Thats a shame if thats the reason you only came third. Can only go by games involving cowden but I felt you could have won the league. Your team looked good enough and you have a big support for this level and top notch facilities even if I prefer terracing. You also brought in millar and beck to compliment what you had. Jimmy nic was desperate to get beck as he was highly regarded but he chose yourselves and understably so.

Just surprised how accepting you all are of third when for me thats the very minimum you could have achieved. Lets be honest the rest of the league below you were never going to finish above you.

So pre season is in Aldershot at a army barracks.

Week training with 2 games ( Woking already confirmed)

Possibly a game against Berwick in the pipeline too.

Sibbs close to signing a extension on his deal to 2017.

Had heard a few good things about the lad, but there you go.

You having your neb in closer than most, no doubt you will know more than me.

Btw are the sausage rolls still being bought from Greggs for the buffets?

I heard the opposite, but there you go.

My neb is certainly not close - they are all in the huff and dont speak to me cause I question their ambition and methods, but there you go. You are not allowed to disagree with the Falkirk Board without being branded a trouble maker it appears. Happy to take cash from you though.

I am not a sausage roll fan. Strictly steak bakes from Greggs. :P

Edited by Back Post Misses

So pre season is in Aldershot at a army barracks.

Week training with 2 games ( Woking already confirmed)

Possibly a game against Berwick in the pipeline too.

Sibbs close to signing a extension on his deal to 2017.

Yup, probably hold the wee guy down and make him sign it with his blood, nice to make it to 2017 (Makes Craig Sibbald 22 at the end of the 2017 season, the maximum age you're allowed to be for a club to claim compensation if need be.)

Another way for Falkirk to make money from their young players, it's a kiddies factory you have there, obviously looking to cash in as soon as possible for more come January or the end of the season.

Not the worst business plan as its worked in the past for Falkirk but is this the right route for Scottish football to continue to go down?

After all these compensation packages are now under strict review, the Falkirk safety net could soon be out the window.

Edited by Jumpers4Goalposts

Yup, probably hold the wee guy down and make him sign it with his blood, nice to make it to 2017 (Makes Craig Sibbald 22 at the end of the 2017 season, the maximum age you're allowed to be for a club to claim compensation if need be.)

Another way for Falkirk to make money from there young players, it's a kiddies factory you have there, obviously looking to cash in as soon as possible for more come January or the end of the season.

Not the worst business plan as its worked in the past for Falkirk but is this the right route for Scottish football to go down?

After all these compensation packages are now under strict review from UEFA, the Falkirk safety net could soon be out the window.

f**k up you banger.

Another way for Falkirk to make money from their young players, it's a kiddies factory you have there, obviously looking to cash in as soon as possible for more come January or the end of the season.

Not the worst business plan as its worked in the past for Falkirk but is this the right route for Scottish football to continue to go down?

After all these compensation packages are now under strict review, the Falkirk safety net could soon be out the window.

Yes, those are words.