The Falkirk FC Thread

Norwich wish it to be undisclosed.

All our boards fault that Norwich wished this when agreeing to the deal. At the end of the day our board of directors are probably to blame for McGrandles wanting to go and progress his career.

Our fans at times. Seriously

Edited by ToonBairn

Here Here, fans are fickle animals, still it could be worse, the board could have offered a contract earlier in the year up to say 2017 and he could have knocked it back and we would be sitting here whingeing about losing one of our best players for many a year for nothing, instead....................!!!!!!!!!!!

All our boards fault that Norwich wished this when agreeing to the deal. At the end of the day our board of directors are probably to blame for McGrandles wanting to go and progress his career.

Our fans at times. Seriously

Oh dear, some of our fans are the most gullible on this planet. Norwich have been spouting off all summer they got £6m here and £7m there, they spent this that and the other. They spend a fraction of that for McGrandles and all of a sudden it is a secret. If Ritchie said everyone leave the stadium and go jump in the River Carron you would be at the front of the queue.

You can fool some of the people some of the time and some of the people all of the time and ToonBairn just always

Is the 1 million figure quoted accurate? If so then that's a cracking bit of business.

Apologies if this has already been discussed, can't be arsed reading back.

Half it. Add ons will boost it significantly

Fantastic news for the rest of the division.

Falkirk really should be congratulated on the number and quality of players they're producing. McGrandles certainly deserved a move to a higher level

Exactly right in terms of other clubs view of this. Our Board don't give a toss about what happens on the pitch though. Bank balance, second and last. Some of our fans have also fallen for this. There are North Koreans who are less indoctrinated.

Oh dear, some of our fans are the most gullible on this planet. Norwich have been spouting off all summer they got £6m here and £7m there, they spent this that and the other. They spend a fraction of that for McGrandles and all of a sudden it is a secret. If Ritchie said everyone leave the stadium and go jump in the River Carron you would be at the front of the queue.

You can fool some of the people some of the time and some of the people all of the time and ToonBairn just always

All ;)

Exactly right in terms of other clubs view of this. Our Board don't give a toss about what happens on the pitch though. Bank balance, second and last. Some of our fans have also fallen for this. There are North Koreans who are less indoctrinated.

I suppose that depends on where you think the club should be.

Yet wind the clock back 18 months and the board could do no wrong in your eyes. I wonder what happened?

I can't see how we could do anything other than sell McGrandles. £500k plus add-ons is still a great price (and I suspect you've conjured that number out of thin air). We have no idea how much was offered or how the negotiations went.

He is one player. If we are seriously saying we can't cope with the loss of an 18 year old, then there's something far wrong.

It seems like yesterday (and it probably was) that the lad made his debut in a 1-1 draw with Cowdenbeath at their place (not much changed there then). Jonny Flynn sold us down the river with a horrendous back header that day.

Even then, it was obvious the lad was a bit special, and would go on to better things. I'm certainly not angry that he has been sold.........that was inevitable. I just hope that we got the right deal out of it. Gary Holt knew the laddie was special, and has done the right thing by snapping him up. Clubs like Norwich and Swansea are always going to try to get a hold of potential like Kingsley and McGrandles, and clubs like Falkirk are going to do their level best to sell them. If McGrandles is all we believe him to be, then there's a fair chance that in a year or two's time, bigger fish will come calling and Norwich will sell him on for a few million, and we'll get a major slice of that........hopefully.

The sad bit is the one or two who see themselves as movers and shakers on the Falkirk Board will see this as a major coup, and very much a case of "job done". That the money will be used to fill operational losses for a couple of years means that the real issue of unaffordable overheads can go unaddressed for a bit longer.

give it a year, and O'Hara will be the next wunderkind in the limelight, with the usual suspects feverishly looking for a deal to sell him on. Is there ever a footballing end game though?

Edited by Guest

BPM has the board ever done anything right in your eyes?

Lots of things.

Pitch for one, Hiring Peter Houston another, children under 12 in for free, season ticket pricing.

Guest Back Post Misses

Yet wind the clock back 18 months and the board could do no wrong in your eyes. I wonder what happened?

I can't see how we could do anything other than sell McGrandles. £500k plus add-ons is still a great price (and I suspect you've conjured that number out of thin air). We have no idea how much was offered or how the negotiations went.

He is one player. If we are seriously saying we can't cope with the loss of an 18 year old, then there's something far wrong.

What a lot of shite that statement is.

Guest Back Post Misses

Oh dear another white flag.

We could have done the following.

He is not for sale. How is that for an alternative?

Keep him all season, his stock rises and we get a lot more for him. The exposure he would have got would have bumped the price up of that I have no doubt. We have a full season to plan how we reshape the side when he has gone not five minutes like Houston has now.

500K is selling the club, fans and manager short in my eyes. PH in his FFCTV interview thought the same by the sound of him.

Or refuse to sell him he has a dip in form/Bad injury and his value plumments. Its all about risk and our board have a twice bitten attitude at the moment. Wether you like it or not 500K with add ons or 750K with add ons is good business as the amounts being paid for young players outside the EPL and Championship is beginning to drop

Guest Back Post Misses

Or refuse to sell him he has a dip in form/Bad injury and his value plumments. Its all about risk and our board have a twice bitten attitude at the moment. Wether you like it or not 500K with add ons or 750K with add ons is good business as the amounts being paid for young players outside the EPL and Championship is beginning to drop

Or he get injured at Norwich and we get no add ons.

It is not a good deal IMO, and I would wager Houston agrees .