The Falkirk FC Thread

Brechin have signed Ollie Durojaiye until the end of the season. Thoughts Bairns fans?

Slow, poor first touch most of the time reluctant to tackle with hunger. Big,strong and when he did tackle, the opposition player knew he was tackled and also seen players bounce of him trying to tackle him. He might do well with a step down

Guest Back Post Misses

Brechin have signed Ollie Durojaiye until the end of the season. Thoughts Bairns fans?

He looked half decent until he broke a bone in his foot last season. Never really recovered his form after that.

I'm not a fan of TFS either, although the addition of the third stand has made a big difference. An upgraded Brockville would have been preferable, but given top flight criteria at the time, the route taken was far more sensible and indeed, probably the only viable one. Palmerston has nothing like 6,000 seats - in fact it's got little more than half that. However, there is no longer any such thing as the SPL and its stadium criteria have disappeared too. The requirements now really just relate to safety. It's this that has enabled a little money to be spent on the away terracing, to bring it into use for the big teams who this season inhabit our division. Previously, there was little point in doing anything with that part of the ground until such time as building a seated area would have been affordable/necessary. In a way, our inertia on the stadium front (sensible in my view) was rooted enough to outlast the SPL and its damaging criteria. Promotion is obviously unlikely this season, but should it come any time soon, the upheaval and expense off the field that that's previously entailed, would no longer be necessary.

So if Queens got promoted would they add seating or just use the seating areas they've got already? I presume that although there is no longer a requirement for 6000 seats in the top flight standing is still currently a no-no.

So if Queens got promoted would they add seating or just use the seating areas they've got already? I presume that although there is no longer a requirement for 6000 seats in the top flight standing is still currently a no-no.

No, as far as I understand it, standing is now fine, if the areas designated for it are up to scratch safety-wise.

I think that's right anyway. The fact that the top flight is now run by the same body as the other three and the fact that big clubs are outside the top flight, would make the restrictions even more ridiculous now than they were then.

I'm pretty sure that our capacity of close to 9,000 would remain in place, regardless of level, unless of course we sneak into Europe again.

Guest ceast93

He seemed to make a mark in midfield and made sure opposition players knew he was around! Good strong tackler and I hope he does well in the lower leagues. Could possibly teach him a thing or two and give him a chance of regular first team football which will benefit him in the long run!

No, as far as I understand it, standing is now fine, if the areas designated for it are up to scratch safety-wise.I think that's right anyway. The fact that the top flight is now run by the same body as the other three and the fact that big clubs are outside the top flight, would make the restrictions even more ridiculous now than they were then.I'm pretty sure that our capacity of close to 9,000 would remain in place, regardless of level, unless of course we sneak into Europe again.

Be interesting to see, as currently, no terracing areas have been used in the top flight, and even overtures to install European style rail seating (which allows standing) has fallen on deaf ears. I have certainly read nothing that says ye olde terracing is now permitted.

Be interesting to see, as currently, no terracing areas have been used in the top flight, and even overtures to install European style rail seating (which allows standing) has fallen on deaf ears. I have certainly read nothing that says ye olde terracing is now permitted.

Why would the top flight's rules now be different from those in the other divisions?

It used to be a separate organisation, but now isn't.

Why would the top flight's rules now be different from those in the other divisions? It used to be a separate organisation, but now isn't.

I tend to agree with this.

I don't think they can treat the top league any differently to the rest and with Sevco, Hearts and Hibs already having had a few thousand using the terracing at QOS, Alloa and Cowdenbeath they can't use the excuse of bigger crowds in the Premier being any more dangerous.

You haven't read anything that it isn't permitted either. Mainly because it in fact is.

I'd be interested to see a link to something saying the rail seating standing actually isn't allowed. Do you have a link? I can't imagine what would prevent it.

For a comparative example, note that the SPL did not allow artificial surfaces yet Kilmarnock and Hamilton are, without any song and dance of a dispensation, playing on one.

What? Of course there can be different rules between leagues.

Of course there can, and indeed are. However all that is required to play in the Premiership is a Bronze standard licensed ground. Which we have. There is nothing in the rules themselves preventing the use of terraces.

Edited by Skyline Drifter

I know that, didn't say contrary just that his comment was totally wrong.

Fair enough. You are correct then. There clearly are differences in the rules between the divisions of the same league. Others are that the top two divisions require to use squad numbering when the other two don't and also trialists are allowed in League One and League Two but not in the top two divisions.

Yes, there are some minor differences - I suppose I phrased that poorly.

The fundamental one to do with the requirement for first 10,000 seats, then 6,000, was however to do with the separateness of the top flight and as we know, it came to be used as a means of self preservation for some of the club's already at that level.

I'm not the one that's wrong here, in suggesting that standing at grounds in top flight games, is no longer prohibited.

Edited by Monkey Tennis

I'm not the one that's wrong here, in suggesting that standing at grounds in top flight games, is no longer prohibited.

The thing about the SPL in the past is you never can tell what their rules are in some areas, as they tend to make it up as they go along. A lot has changed over the years as they fuk up the top league year by year that now they dance to our tune.

It seems though it's a wait and see until it becomes a real situation to see what would happen as no one can find, confirm a lot of the recent New rulings online, Google 10,000 rulings and 6,000 rulings and there are plenty of articles but they are very quiet now being shown up with no sponsors and Darts selling better than the SPL.

A different league I know, but Brentford in England have been advised if they did go up it all seated only, their options are simple though, groundshare or insert seats. They would have I'm sure a 12,000 capacity if they install seats, which would be hilarious to see in the premiership, tho good to see the English not taking competition element out of it like the SPL have done over the years

It seems though it's a wait and see until it becomes a real situation to see what would happen as no one can find, confirm a lot of the recent New rulings online, Google 10,000 rulings and 6,000 rulings and there are plenty of articles but they are very quiet now being shown up with no sponsors and Darts selling better than the SPL.

I've not had a recent look, but I'm sure it's more clear cut than you're suggesting.

There were proposals to require just covered accommodation for 500 or more in the top division, with no stipulations regarding seats.

I'm not entirely sure if this passed, but I've no doubt that our ground as it is, would be able to host top flight crowds composed of some who sit and some who stand.

I've not had a recent look, but I'm sure it's more clear cut than you're suggesting.There were proposals to require just covered accommodation for 500 or more in the top division, with no stipulations regarding seats.I'm not entirely sure if this passed, but I've no doubt that our ground as it is, would be able to host top flight crowds composed of some who sit and some who stand.

The SPL and clear cut are words that don't go together.

I'm guessing you mean 5000 not 500, something else I haven't heard nothing about, leaving me to either believe the word on the street or not with the clarity the SPL provide regarding the rules