The Falkirk FC Thread

The rules are that you just have to take your chances there regarding a semi final draw, or who you'd get in the play-offs. Let's assume though that the play-off qualifier does so in 4th place, at the expense of the other side, who miss out altogether.On those terms, which would you prefer?

Cup obv.

If you could guarantee we'd win the whole playoffs it would be a difficult call but I'd probably go for a season in the Premiership over a Cup semi final or even cup final appearance.

I'd take a cup win over winning the playoffs though any time.

And if it's just about getting to either Hampden or the playoffs then cup semi final every time. Quite apart from anything else a cup semi final is probably worth getting on for 10 times what a playoff game is but even leaving that aside I'd take the cup glory.

If you could guarantee we'd win the whole playoffs it would be a difficult call but I'd probably go for a season in the Premiership over a Cup semi final or even cup final appearance.

I'd take a cup win over winning the playoffs though any time.

And if it's just about getting to either Hampden or the playoffs then cup semi final every time. Quite apart from anything else a cup semi final is probably worth getting on for 10 times what a playoff game is but even leaving that aside I'd take the cup glory.

I know we are looking at a few things to happen before we could think of this but would a semi between Ict and ourselves take place at Hampden ?

You'd need to ask the SFA, not me, but I can't think of any great reason why it wouldn't be at Hampden.

Recent history suggests it would be Hampden. I think the Scottish cup has to have both semis there due to a rule or some sort of commitment. Glasgow tho seems fair enough if the situation did happen in regard to location

I know we are looking at a few things to happen before we could think of this but would a semi between Ict and ourselves take place at Hampden ?

Wow steady on there now trigger, let's just take one game at a time.

(your, egg, face, on, etc) rearrange to suit.

The answer is, for whatever reason, it would.

A better question might be, should it?

Our cup semi v the pars a few years back being a case in point.

There was a strong argument at the time to move the tie to tynecastle, which never happened. We took not much if any more than 9000 to the game. Pars about the same.

This would have been a rocking crowd at tynecastle, was a bit eerie at Hampden.

http://www.theguardian.com/sport/blog/2009/apr/24/falkirk-dunfermline-athletic-hampden-scottish-cup

The answer is, for whatever reason, it would.A better question might be, should it?Our cup semi v the pars a few years back being a case in point.There was a strong argument at the time to move the tie to tynecastle, which never happened. We took not much if any more than 9000 to the game. Pars about the same.This would have been a rocking crowd at tynecastle, was a bit eerie at Hampden.http://www.theguardian.com/sport/blog/2009/apr/24/falkirk-dunfermline-athletic-hampden-scottish-cup

That's why I asked. Would much rather have a fullish stadium than a half empty Hampden. Can you imagine if Berwick or Spartans were to do the almost impossible task of beating hibs and drawing either winner of this tie at Hampden. Would be embarrassing for scottish football.

That's why I asked. Would much rather have a fullish stadium than a half empty Hampden. Can you imagine if Berwick or Spartans were to do the almost impossible task of beating hibs and drawing either winner of this tie at Hampden. Would be embarrassing for scottish football.

I'd be overjoyed if that happened!

The answer is, for whatever reason, it would.

A better question might be, should it?

Our cup semi v the pars a few years back being a case in point.

There was a strong argument at the time to move the tie to tynecastle, which never happened. We took not much if any more than 9000 to the game. Pars about the same.

This would have been a rocking crowd at tynecastle, was a bit eerie at Hampden.

http://www.theguardian.com/sport/blog/2009/apr/24/falkirk-dunfermline-athletic-hampden-scottish-cup

I agree with this concern. The reality is that Hampden probably won't be full for either semi-final, regardless of who gets there. Celtic v Hibs would come close I suppose, but no other line up would get anywhere near it.

My one slight regret about our epic semi-final against Aberdeen is that it took place in a half full Hampden. Plenty disagree with me on the reasonable premise that the 25,000 crowd could not have been accommodated at any football ground outside of Glasgow. I still feel though that the occasion would have been even more incredible at Tynecastle or Easter Road, even if 7,000 fewer or thereabouts had got to see it.

You really are obsessed.

Christ, not this again. - That line is usually the preserve of Rangers fans.

Given that our clubs are locked in intriguing battle in two competitions this season and that this is a multi-club forum, I thought I'd pop in for a chat.

It's a situation that some of you are far better equipped to cope with than others.

I agree with this concern. The reality is that Hampden probably won't be full for either semi-final, regardless of who gets there. Celtic v Hibs would come close I suppose, but no other line up would get anywhere near it. My one slight regret about our epic semi-final against Aberdeen is that it took place in a half full Hampden. Plenty disagree with me on the reasonable premise that the 25,000 crowd could not have been accommodated at any football ground outside of Glasgow. I still feel though that the occasion would have been even more incredible at Tynecastle or Easter Road, even if 7,000 fewer or thereabouts had got to see it.

On that basis then surely McDiarmid would be the best option?