The Falkirk FC Thread

2nd bottom or bottom ?

Which one is thistles spot....

I had Hamilton in there, but they will finish above Thistle

Killie won't be far away either

Well at least you didn't take the huff and ignore his question or anything.

2nd bottom or bottom ?

Which one is thistles spot....

I had Hamilton in there, but they will finish above Thistle

Killie won't be far away either

Still a slaver.

And we'll be above Falkirk no matter where we finish, mate.

Anyway, back to my original point. I appreciate Alston and Sibbald are still young(ish) but their time with Falkirk must be coming to an end. Surely a surprise promotion is the only thing that would keep both or one of them at the club beyond this season?

Edited by Nizzy

Anyway, back to my original point. I appreciate Alston and Sibbald are still young(ish) but their time with Falkirk must be coming to an end. Surely a surprise promotion is the only thing that would keep both or one of them at the club beyond this season?

Or they love the club so much they stay forever.

In all seriousness Alston isn't the same class as McGrandles/Fulton/Kingsley and won't be moving down south for 6 figures. I could see him moving to a bottom 6 Premiership club when his contact runs out. Sibbald on the other hand will almost definitely be going for £££'s, probably not to a Swansea as he's a bit too old for them to shove in the U20's for a couple of years. I fully expect Sibbald to be pulling the strings at a decent Championship club.

Still a slaver.

And we'll be above Falkirk no matter where we finish, mate.

Alston hasn't had a full good season for a while and sibbs didn't have a great game yesterday, he may not recreate last season's excellent season as he will be targeted but who knows....

Madness to say promotion would keep players at a club, promotion to a snorefest of a league, I'm sure if any player had a chance of a move down south, wouldn't state he'd stay if he was in the spl

I'm sure if any player had a chance of a move down south, wouldn't state he'd stay if he was in the spl

No, but in Alston's case it might see him snub a move to another Scottish club in favour of an extended spell with Falkirk.

You seem to be taking it for granted that Sibbald will move to an English club. What's stopped him following in the footsteps of his fellow academy players thus far? Has he been the subject of any speculation? Have offers been turned down by either Falkirk or the player?

No, but in Alston's case it might see him snub a move to another Scottish club in favour of an extended spell with Falkirk.

You seem to be taking it for granted that Sibbald will move to an English club. What's stopped him following in the footsteps of his fellow academy players thus far? Has he been the subject of any speculation? Have offers been turned down by either Falkirk or the player?

I think it's been tough to see where his ideal position is. He burst onto the scene a few years ago as a left winger but he was probably too young for the responsibility of playing every week so his form dipped and he was in and out of the team.

Now he's matured, bulked up a bit, and plays more centrally. He has a lot more influence over games and could probably do with a move as you say if he's to properly kick on.

There was interest from The Rangers earlier but it was probably all paper talk.

Problem is getting a team to sign him to be the main man in the midfield. He could slip through the cracks at the likes of Swansea etc. A lower English Championship team or even upper League 1 would let him develop properly and hopefully move up.

Cheers. It was interesting to see how they've developed (or not really, in Alston's case) during the two seasons we've been in the 'snore fest'.

Edited by Nizzy

Other than Celtic, no one in Scotland could afford him, his tribunal fee would be six figures. A case of the three clubs that could pay it won't or not interested.

Good interviews with Houstie, Paul Watson & young Mark Finlayson on ffc tv.

Houstie saying Watson has impressed him every time he's seen him and will be partnering Grant at centre half. Muirhead will stay at RB until Duffie is fit (at least) but says positions will stay with those in form.

Wants Vaulks to remain in midfield, as does Will himself.

I agree with him that we now have decent cover in defence to be honest. Duffie/Muirhead/Maybury for RB, Grant/Muirhead/Watson/McCracken/McGeever for CH and Leahy/Dick covering LB. Vaulks can cover all of those positions too.

Paul Watson came across well and said he's been training with Hibs for the last couple of weeks but Falkirk came in on Thursday with a contract and jumped at it. Assume he'll get some game time on Tues night in the Falkirk X1 game versus Spartans.

Sent from my iPhone using Pie & Bovril

Good interviews with Houstie, Paul Watson & young Mark Finlayson on ffc tv.

Houstie saying Watson has impressed him every time he's seen him and will be partnering Grant at centre half. Muirhead will stay at RB until Duffie is fit (at least) but says positions will stay with those in form.

Wants Vaulks to remain in midfield, as does Will himself.

I agree with him that we now have decent cover in defence to be honest. Duffie/Muirhead/Maybury for RB, Grant/Muirhead/Watson/McCracken/McGeever for CH and Leahy/Dick covering LB. Vaulks can cover all of those positions too.

Paul Watson came across well and said he's been training with Hibs for the last couple of weeks but Falkirk came in on Thursday with a contract and jumped at it. Assume he'll get some game time on Tues night in the Falkirk X1 game versus Spartans.

Any talk of a striker coming in?

Cheers. It was interesting to see how they've developed (or not really, in Alston's case) during the two seasons we've been in the 'snore fest'.

Alston is a funny one. Seems to be a big game or big moment player. Can be rotten the whole game then a bit of magic will change the whole thing. So he's probably best used as an impact player whuch is a shame as out of all the youths we've had in recent years, he's the one I thought would go furthest when I first saw him. Shows what I know!

I agree with him that we now have decent cover in defence to be honest. Duffie/Muirhead/Maybury for RB, Grant/Muirhead/Watson/McCracken/McGeever for CH and Leahy/Dick covering LB. Vaulks can cover all of those positions

Do you think McGeever will be about the first team this year?

Any talk of a striker coming in?

Yep, says he's working on an experienced striker to complement Baird & McHugh and would also be used to coach Shepherd & O'Hara.

No mention of Biabi which confirms to me the rumours that he's all but away.

Edited by RC55 FFC

Think Muirhead looks a player at centre back and a little uncomfortable/awkward at right back. Wonder how he will feel being shunted to full back when he featured very little last year, and when it looks as though he will get his chance at centre half, they sign another centre half. Not sure what right backs are out there but apart from a striker or 2, I feel we should have got a recognised full back.

All the best to Watson though, this is no slate on him. Houston has a record at both ourselves and Dundee Utd of signing numerous players in a central position.

Yep, says he's working on an experienced striker to complement Baird & McHugh and would also be used to coach Shepherd & O'Hara.

Lee Miller.

Biabi is injured. If it's a bad one it might kill the interest from Swansea stone dead. Concerning that Duffie has missed another pre season as well

Duffie is due back this week to 1st team training. Re Biabi, I'm not so sure he is injured, he's been training with the squad during the week.

Alston hasn't been the same player since Pressley left imo, at least he was scoring goals and seemed to have loads of energy, nowadays he seems a shadow of that player, it could be that he has been at the club too long and needs a change, Duffie is another one who isn't the same player that burst onto the scene but he has had his fair share of injuries to contend with so maybe taking its toll on him.