The Falkirk FC Thread

If we're talking about Argentinian world cup displays the benchmark is still Maradona. He inspired an ordinary side to greatness in '86 and dragged a poor side to the final in '90.

A lot like Crunchie in the Scottish Cup 1996/97 and 97/98.

Agreed.

The finest there's been. (Not Crunchie btw)

I enjoyed the work of Yordi Letchkov at USA 94.

He ended up in jail I believe.

Did he? Disappointed to hear that.

He was one of the baldies who still left some hair round the sides.

Nowadays, every bugger is totally bald.

I'm guessing Marshmallo will not be a fan of such reminiscing. He must think that the ball weighed half a ton in '86 and '94.

aw come on mate, i didnt say rubbish but its all relative. what looks decent at our level isnt realy all that, besides he'l be 21 in 7 months and hes yet to be called up in all that time i believe? despite 4 years of first team football a "source" someone who knows his brother ..or something believes no clubs came for him in the summer. hes got plenty of skill for sure but when you think of players who we've sold in the last couple of years most were in fact younger than him , only jay fulton was older. he wouldnt cost alot of money since we dont have a pot . im not trying to slate the lad as much as it sounds like i am, but if hes that good why isnt he playing for someone a bit better than us?

Dont have a pot? We just made 1.2 mill last year. We're certainly not skint and shouldnt be selling anyone on the cheap. Sibbs lacks the pace to make it at top level but then guys like ryan flynn have done ok out the game and he wasnt the quickest either. If we had some more creative players in the team hed thrive more. At the moment hes targeted by the opposition that know hes the only player of that type we've got.

aw come on mate, i didnt say rubbish but its all relative. what looks decent at our level isnt realy all that, besides he'l be 21 in 7 months and hes yet to be called up in all that time i believe? despite 4 years of first team football a "source" someone who knows his brother ..or something believes no clubs came for him in the summer. hes got plenty of skill for sure but when you think of players who we've sold in the last couple of years most were in fact younger than him , only jay fulton was older. he wouldnt cost alot of money since we dont have a pot . im not trying to slate the lad as much as it sounds like i am, but if hes that good why isnt he playing for someone a bit better than us?

Dont have a pot? We just made 1.2 mill last year. We're certainly not skint and shouldnt be selling anyone on the cheap. Sibbs lacks the pace to make it at top level but then guys like ryan flynn have done ok out the game and he wasnt the quickest either. If we had some more creative players in the team hed thrive more. At the moment hes targeted by the opposition that know hes the only player of that type we've got.

all relative tho thats a lot of money to us but not for many many clubs in the uk who have much more disposable cash than us, we had soft loans to repay , running costs etc etc. top spl teams, english lower division sides or sevco could easily pick him up for 200-300k if they realy wanted to and he'd be gone