The Falkirk FC Thread

I don't think its a good thing that players from the North can play for the south and vice versa. For a start football should not be political and it can only weaken the Northern Irish team which is already struggling for quality players. As long as theyare both separate countries( and I couldn't give a feck either way) then they should face the same eligibility rules as any other country. Why should the rules for them be any different than for others.

Doesn't matter where you stay in Ireland. You can choose which type of passport you want whether British or Irish so it's not a case of jumping ship.

Anyway enough of this pish. Back to Falkirk, would be great to tie Baird and Muirhead up longer, continuity has been key for us coming into this season.

Footballs got feck all to do with passports though at the end of the day. Can you imagine the furore that would be raised if FIFA allowed anyone from the UK to choose which of the 4 nations they wanted to play for no matter whether they had any eligibility through residence or relations. That's basically the same thing as their getting away with . Wales are doing well just now I think I fancy playing for them and getting to play in a euros.

f**k, IM SORRY I WONT DO IT AGAIN, I didn't mean to open a can of worms with the granny rule comment, without background checking the entire Icelandic team I thought it a bit suspicious that such a small population could be playing so consistently weld. Any way I know you can criticize Scotland as much as Ireland, most of our granny rulers aren't even that good, shuan Maloney has Scottish parents and was a military baby I think he's no more Malaysian than you or I, Jordan Rhodes spent his childhood here, the rest can GTF tbh their only with us cause they can't get a game for England.

On the subject of the academies I can't help but think its a trade of between the first team doing well or the academies doing well. The likes of O'Hara and Gallagher would be playing every week 2 or 3 seasons ago but now we're playing well and holding a decent position in the league and theres no chance we'll be gambling on them, I do wish we'd gave them a run against alloa considering we were 4 nil up with 25 minuets to go. Maybe as the season goes on if it pans out that we're pretty secure in the playoffs but don't have much hope of getting 2nd or 1st then they can get more game time.

Falkirk Herald reporting that Baird and Muirhead are close to signing up for an additional year. We've seen this season the difference between major upheaval and continuity season to season so getting two quality Championship players tied up early would be great news.

Great news indeed, Baird's selfless hard work and commitment now paying off with a genuine goal threat, and he & McHugh have shown potential together. Would be a massive improvement on pre-season prep - & fan morale - if for a change we're not scrambling around on deadline day trying to sign a decent striker. Hopefully Muirhead will get a run at CH for then as well. Decent backbone to the team looks to be in place....

Also do wonder whether at least part of StM's current problems stem from exactly that issue of lack of continuity - did they not have only half a squad in July?

Superb photo of bae with the steeple in the background doing the rounds on Facebook right now

1455065_577532758961126_895184761_n.jpg?

Anyone know what game this is?

It is early 70's as that is Tiger McLauglin and Geordie Miller in the photo.

Because of the strip we are wearing and crowd size I would guess the Old Rangers

Superb photo of bae with the steeple in the background doing the rounds on Facebook right now

1455065_577532758961126_895184761_n.jpg?

Anyone know what game this is?

That's magnificent.

I'm one of the laddies sitting along the edge of the pitch so it must have been late 60's, maybe 1970 as wee Tiger went to Everton in 1971. I think it was against that big club from Glasgow that played in blue.