The Falkirk FC Thread

16 hours ago, Jimmy1876 said:

I could maybe agree with you if the club was doing a similar thing and it was a direct rip off for example. But I'm not gonna stop myself or criticise anyone else for buying something to remember this season in the style/method they want especially if its not something available elsewhere. In the end all these things indirectly encourage people to engage with the club in the way they see fit

https://www.falkirkfc.co.uk/2024/04/11/non-licensed-products/

If you can't be bothered reading it all, this was posted a month ago.

Screenshot 2024-05-10 at 10.30.44.png

12 hours ago, Proudtobeabairn said:

While we're kicking off close season nit picking, can we all agree that his name is NESBITT this year (this will be his 4th season with us so we've had plenty time)

duly corrected with a grovelling apology  

Posted (edited)
28 minutes ago, Kevin James Left Knee said:

On goalkeepers we will be starting with Nicky with a loan keeper coming in. 

KJLK are you in the know with this, what makes you say this with such certainty?

I'm happy Hogarth has resigned but think he has to improve especially in commanding his six yard box at crosses and corners more. I'd prefer we had a more experienced commanding keeper as first choice. 

Edited by bridge of allan bairn

12 hours ago, Blame Me said:

I nominate you as "Falkirk Daftie" in absence of one this week! 

You may not be able to comprehend it but in some future hypothetical, where the Pars winning ends up doing us a turn that leads us to say, European qualification - you think FD wouldn't promote that as a good thing while the club publicly might not take that view?

Stranger things have happened and to say a podcast etc wouldn't be rooting for that outcome while the club might err on the side of caution as not to upset fans like yourself, I think is a really daft statement.

f**k me the contortions you've twisted in piling on hypothetical after hypothetical that my head is bursting for a scenario that hasn't happened, or being close to happening in my 30 years supporting Falkirk.. look, you made a daft statement, I made a daft statement plucked out of thin air, but if you're happy SUCCESS, you won the internet 😂

15 hours ago, RC55 FFC said:

No issues with criticism mate 👍🏼. I acknowledged your POV about money going to the club where at all possible (and we do talk about their ventures almost weekly) but I just don’t see that being realistic as the club won’t do everything that fans may want. 

they offered to peeps. a month ago.

11 minutes ago, AJ1981 said:

they offered to peeps. a month ago.

Absolutely and I hope people got in touch. But they won’t bring out everything fans ask for I am sure although retail has been fantastic this season & continues to be. Club shop looks brilliant these days. 

Posted (edited)

A Falkirk Supporter who is retired and living on a pension decides to supplement his state pension by using a mould he has for making garden gnomes and painting them with Falkirk Strips and sells them to fellow fans. He uses money gained from his labours to buy a concession season ticket for him and his wife.  As he lives in Sheffield he uses some on his earned money for petrol  Is that acceptable as the club benefits but not directly

Edited by Bigbrbairn

3 minutes ago, Bigbrbairn said:

A Falkirk Supporter who is retired and living on a pension decides to supplement his state pension by using a mould he has for making garden gnomes and painting them with Falkirk Strips and sells them to fellow fans. He uses money gained from his labours to buy a concession season ticket for him and his wife.  As he lives in Sheffield he uses some on his earned money for petrol  Is that acceptable as the club benefits but not directly

Personally I can’t see Greaves starting a garden gnomes range, so I don’t have any issue with someone else doing so.

36 minutes ago, Kevin James Left Knee said:

Guys I need the exact quote about Tait being "troublesome" or very close to that wording and who said it at Hamilton. Needs to be accurate please but I missed it at the time.

image.thumb.png.e8cb18f0da7a4e26210a01b6f5f05875.pngimage.png.d1cdbb0f26b6ec602ac473c3417f56a8.pngHeres a couple

3 hours ago, HopeStreetWalker said:

The out of contract player in the leagues above us are interesting reading. Ex bairns Ryan Flynn, Tony Gallacher, Craig Sibbald, Cameron Blues among them.

This closed season is going to be a buyers market with more player than places.

We just might get a surprise.

Any ex bairns fancied for a return?

Ryan Flynn is a good player but he we don’t really have a vacancy at right wing.

1 hour ago, falkirktheinvincible said:

That looks like shitey tat produced by some random grifter who's never set foot in most of the towns they're trying to exploit. Not for me, fellow P&B Bairns.

I've deleted the feckin post.

Sakes!!

taylor.gif.ab7604e0e1878249957b0cb41c32c9a0.gif

8 minutes ago, PedroMoutinho said:

Ryan Flynn is a good player but he we don’t really have a vacancy at right wing.

Signing Ross would surely be the obvious wide player addition.

10 minutes ago, Reggie Perrin said:

Signing Ross would surely be the obvious wide player addition.

Depends what wages he’s after. Good squad player but he was rumoured to be a high earner at Raith. Not worth using a lot of the budget on for me, especially as we already have 3 very good wide options.

19 minutes ago, PedroMoutinho said:

Depends what wages he’s after. Good squad player but he was rumoured to be a high earner at Raith. Not worth using a lot of the budget on for me, especially as we already have 3 very good wide options.

He'll have a lot more space to play as teams will be less likely to sit in against us in the championship which should suit him.

2 assists in 3 games for Raith last season before he ended up at us supports that theory.

I'd love him back as his potential is frightening.

23 minutes ago, FFC 1876 said:

He'll have a lot more space to play as teams will be less likely to sit in against us in the championship which should suit him.

2 assists in 3 games for Raith last season before he ended up at us supports that theory.

I'd love him back as his potential is frightening.

For me he has been decent enough. I would’ve expected a player like him to really stand out at this level though (as Morrison and Miller have done).

I’d say the fact he was brought in to cover Miller’s injury but has found himself on the bench pretty much ever since Miller came back says something.

Not averse at all to bringing him in as an option but wouldn’t be blowing the budget on him.