The Falkirk FC Thread

MacIver was twisting, swerving and dribbling tonight. He was awesome. Would have scored a screamer too if not for a great save.

Hard not to be chuffed for Sean Mackie too. When I saw him at Edinburgh City back in January, he looked miserable and like he wanted to be anywhere else, before getting hooked at half-time. Must admit I didn’t really think he’d feature in our plans going forward.  But he’s started the season well and he was brilliant tonight. Could tell it meant a lot to him too. 

Great result and what encourages me is we can play a lot better. MacIver was outstanding and my MOM. 
Good performances all round with Henderson, MacKie, Spencer and Hogarth the best of the rest. 
Save of the season material from the QP goalkeeper stopping that MacIver shot. 

Good to get the first game out the way. Left ourselves open a few times in midfield but apart from that we were the far better team. QP tactics of hoofing it to Rudden and Dom Thomas refereeing the game were both equally annoying

MacIver dribbling and swerving (tick) nearly scored a wonder goal (tick), being a good target man (tick), winning lots of headers (tick), laying off balls to others in dangerous positions (tick).  That's more of the style that appeals to me.  He played a blinder.   If he does that every game (or regularly) I will continue to be happy.

Edited by Long Suffering Bairn

1 minute ago, Long Suffering Bairn said:

MacIver dribbling and swerving (tick) nearly scored a wonder goal (tick), being a good target man (tick), winning lots of headers (tick), laying off balls to others in dangerous positions (tick).  That's what I've been looking for.  He played a blinder.   If he does that every game I will be happy.

That’s what he’s been doing for 50 games. 

3 minutes ago, Rugster said:

That’s what he’s been doing for 50 games. 

Minus the dribbling and swerving and wonder strikes.  But's that's ok.  New leaf.  No-one will be happier than me if he turns out to be player of the year and helps us do really well this season.

Edited by Long Suffering Bairn

Thought we were the dominant side for most of the game and could and should have scored more. Great to get a win on the opening day (which we haven’t managed often in the past). It should do a lot for the players’ confidence.

A lot of good performances in the team- Hogarth, Spencer, Miller and Maciver stand outs. Agyeman deserves a mention too- he did really well again when he came on.

Thought we were good but we do miss Nesbitts energy, big Ross was immense and my MOTM. It is going to be a tough league but getting a victory in the first game is excellent and something to build on. 

On a totally different subject, I wonder if we were to sell out the KM stand ST’s continually it might prompt the club to consider making it allocated seating. It’s a pain in the hoop getting in really early to make sure we can get the seats we’ve sat in for years. 

Edited by Harry Kinnear

11 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

Reinforced for me tho, there are some f**king tough matches ahead this season. 

Aye, but no one is going to get it easy against us

4 minutes ago, Harry Kinnear said:

Thought we were good but we do miss Nesbitts energy, big Ross was immense and my MOTM. It is going to be a tough league but getting a victory in the first game is excellent and something to build on. 

On a totally different subject, I wonder if we were to sell out the KM stand ST’s continually it might prompt the club to consider making it allocated seating. It’s a pain in the hoop getting in really early to make sure we can get the seats we’ve sat in for years. 

There were lots of empty seats on the far side away from the Ultras 

1 minute ago, BPM said:

Think you will always get that with folk no being able to make it for whatever reason. Hopefully the new scheme of reselling ST’s catches on and folk start handing them back for the club to sell on.

2 minutes ago, BPM said:

Every ticket is sold but there are dozens at least in that ultras section doubled up. The KM7 will never appear not to have empty seats.  

3 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

Every ticket is sold but there are dozens at least in that ultras section doubled up. The KM7 will never appear not to have empty seats.  

You are right, I’m just watching the game again and the Ultra section is jammed. They have clearly bought ST’s for the KM but all want to stand it that area. Looks good though and they were immense again tonight.