The Falkirk FC Thread

2 hours ago, BPM said:

Gone back 57 pages to red dot a post of mine related to this post. I said if what @LatapyBairn.said is true, and I don’t know if it is or not then the club would struggle to trust this organisation and that the shareholders need to ask the question at the AGM. If it is a lie and that is what you are insinuating then you should have no fear it being discussed, in fact you should want it discussed to clear the foundations name. I look forward to the clubs shareholders finding out what the facts actually are and how good or bad the relationship actually is. I am fed up with all the rumours and the counter rumours. 

Certainly isn’t a lie and I’m definitely not a board member, I’m more than happy to discus it in detail with the poster if he wants to drop me a message?! (edited in fact I’ve now messaged them myself) The only reason I know is the contractor tasked with the planning and ground works for the new facility is a member of my family! Who by chance had a conversation with a board member a good few months back and when he brought it up was shocked to find out the club had no knowledge of it at that point! Strange timing for this poster to troll away back and stir this up right after such a positive few pages of discussion post the Ayr result, some folk seem to really hate it when our club is doing well! 

Edited by LatapyBairn.

44 minutes ago, LatapyBairn. said:

Who by chance had a conversation with a board member a few months back and when he brought it up was shocked to find out the club had no knowledge of it! 

Had a look and it was announced more than 7 months ago so guess that conversation was beyond that, as would be odd they wouldn’t have read about it. 

https://www.falkirk.gov.uk/news/article.aspx?aid=7692

At the end of the day, surely the Community Hub will be a good thing for the large Falkirk community that many Falkirk fans from all walks of life, will be able to benefit from? 

Just don’t get this criticism from a few against what is a very legitimate charity that has been praised nationally for its work. 

Edited by Dade

18 minutes ago, Dade said:

Had a look and it was announced more than 7 months ago so guess that conversation was beyond that, as would be odd they wouldn’t have read about it. 

https://www.falkirk.gov.uk/news/article.aspx?aid=7692

At the end of the day, surely the Community Hub will be a good thing for the large Falkirk community that many Falkirk fans from all walks of life, will be able to benefit from? 

Just don’t get this criticism from a few against what is a very legitimate charity that has been praised nationally for its work. 

Don’t think anyone is seriously criticising the core work of the Foundation but legitimate doubts exist as to why it operates at more than arm’s length from the football club that spawned it and whose crest it continues to use.

6 minutes ago, Reggie Perrin said:

Don’t think anyone is seriously criticising the core work of the Foundation but legitimate doubts exist as to why it operates at more than arm’s length from the football club that spawned it and whose crest it continues to use.

And whose fault is that? 🤔

4 minutes ago, Reggie Perrin said:

The CEO of the Foundation and Jamie have a meeting every week. The Foundation have an office round the corner that they pay the club rent for and they pay for a block booking for the main pitch. 

They are the only organisation to fund our women’s team too. Not sure how that is operating at arms length. 

Add to that they helped fund the creation of the Behind the Goals area with the Brockville Bar and the gym, that the club benefit from. 

12 minutes ago, Reggie Perrin said:

Legally the foundation is an independent charity so it has to operate at arm’s length from the football club.

Obviously they can and do keep the club informed but they would be in serious trouble if the charity regulator found the club had inappropriate influence over decisions or use of funds.

24 minutes ago, PedroMoutinho said:

Legally the foundation is an independent charity so it has to operate at arm’s length from the football club.

Obviously they can and do keep the club informed but they would be in serious trouble if the charity regulator found the club had inappropriate influence over decisions or use of funds.

I haven’t fact checked this so could be wrong here but are charities not allowed to have up to 50% representation from a private company on they’re board provided there is an independent chairman? Also when the club originally set up the foundation did we not have a joint CEO and did Martin Ritchie not sit on the board/committee of the foundation giving the club some oversight? 

Edited by LatapyBairn.

34 minutes ago, Dade said:

If it includes changing facilities that benefit the community, then of course it will.

And it's badly needed. If both community pitch and main pitch are fully booked on a Sunday, then that's four teams who need changing facilities. If you assume other teams need these facilities to do teamtalks say an hour before kickoff, plus have somewhere to do a warmup, plus do a postmatch debrief afterwards and maybe have showers then that's eight teams who need facilities at overlapping times. 

The Falkirk Stadium has maybe five. The home dressing room is out of bounds on a Sunday because the kitman will set it up for the first team coming in on a Monday morning. So that leaves the away dressing room, the two community changing rooms run by the council, the warmup room and the classroom. 

The community hub is needed, regardless of concerns that some people have expressed about where it's located or how it's designed. I'm behind the initiative as it will help the team that I've given up thousands of hours for over many years. And multiple others when the stadium is busy with community football. 

23 minutes ago, Dade said:

They are the only organisation to fund our women’s team too. 

They run the womens team so it should go without saying that they're the only organisation who funds it. Claiming that as a plus point is like buying a dog and saying you're the only person who looks after it. 

The club (probably) do more than they should for an amateur team who they're not in charge of, as they publicise their games which they don't do for any other Foundation team. 

The graphic for this weekends upcoming games featured an amateur womens player. Not for the first time either. I think FFC are doing what they can. 

GY-V7Y2WUAAQ97w.jfif

2 minutes ago, LatapyBairn. said:

I haven’t fact checked this so could be wrong here but are charities not able to have up to 50% representation from a private company on they’re board provided there is an independent chairman? Also when the club originally set up the foundation did we not have a joint CEO and did Martin Ritchie not sit in the board/committee of foundation giving the club some oversight? 

Doesn’t matter who set up the Foundation, whoever is running it has to comply with OSCR regulations. 

Sounds like there are some issues they may need to resolve but by all reports, looks like they are doing a great job in helping to support the community, as is their raison d' être.

Would have thought there may have been more questions at the AGM concerning our finances, rather than question the running of the Foundation.

5 minutes ago, Dade said:

Doesn’t matter who set up the Foundation, whoever is running it has to comply with OSCR regulations. 

Sounds like there are some issues they may need to resolve but by all reports, looks like they are doing a great job in helping to support the community, as is their raison d' être.

Would have thought there may have been more questions at the AGM concerning our finances, rather than question the running of the Foundation.

That didn’t really answer my question