The Falkirk FC Thread

1 hour ago, michael1 said:

Hi there, I'm from Taranto in Italy and our football team is in third Italian League (Serie C).

The club was about to go bankrupt and fail and suddenly Mark Campbell bought the team, giving us fans hope for the future and announcing that his goal is to bring us to Serie A.

However, there's some uncertainty around the guy: I read he's tried to acquire many other football teams among which Falkirk.

Could you tell me why he didn't acquire Falkirk in the end and whether to place my hopes as a fan in the guy?

Thanks a lot.

He didn’t acquire Falkirk because one of our supporters did his due diligence on him. It wasn’t hard to work out that things really didn’t add up. Thankfully it went no further. 

8 minutes ago, AL-FFC said:

I would be very afraid this was part of what we uncovered, I wouldn't say you are out the woods yet but best of luck to you, if you do a google search on the guy there are a lot of red flags about him:

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/uk-world-news/falkirk-linked-mogul-found-property-20796470

https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/news/5853821/wannabe-falkirk-tycoon-140k-compo-snub-sex-pest/

Deluded fantasists like Campbell exist to prey on the desperate as we all know & as a fanbase we were desperate & wanted to believe in him despite the obvious red flags. Terrible that someone with the clubs best interest at heart took terrible abuse... unfortunately whistle blowers often do cause it's seen as pissing on a parade....thank god someone had the balls to swim against the tide

29 minutes ago, BPM said:

That fella is really good 

It's when you hear the "so f*cking easy" and he is trying not to laugh.

agree with you some of his coverage of the clubs are good especially non league he done one with Camelon Juniors not so long ago.

The recent YouTube interview by The S*n with Mr Glynn got me to thinking. As I’m want to do from time to time.

John was keen to emphasise the vital role of Smudger in their 18 year management partnership. Remarkable in these modern blame culture days.

Anyhoo….just how good are these two in putting staff in place which continuously improves the ability of the squad. And I dare say prior to Falkirk too.

Glaringly good examples since arriving at TFS are Dylan Tait, Ethan Ross, Ross MacIver, Hendo at CB, Nicky Hogarth, Leon McCann.

Plenty more too, as I never really recall Nesbitt being anyone’s idea of first name on the team sheet until midway through last season.

And who knows at what level Adams will reach. 
I’m really looking forward to the development of Barney Stewart as a CF but I do think season 25-26 may be realistic as a starter as Keelan ( Adams) was 6 months in training with us before his amazing start to his Falkirk career. Not always error free but such a thrilling talent - his ball control, pace and passing is a delight to watch.

Best management team at Falkirk. Just pips Jefferies & Brown for me and probably matches, with hindsight, what Alex Ferguson may have achieved if he’d been allowed to step up from Player/Coach when Willie C retired.

Edited by HonestAl

1 hour ago, BPM said:

Mark Campbell maybe directly didn't cost us money but We had 1000 fans willing to back a fans buyout and they were sidelined for this guy. It is probably the worst decision ever made at this club (and that is quite a high bar). That decision set us back 3 years and cost the club a massive amount of money. Could you imagine where we would be now, given the last two years had the fans bid been successful? Remember then it was the same people who have steered the club in the last 3 years (yes it is nearly 3 years) who were fronting the fans bid. 

Yeh it was a terrible decision.  You do wonder where we’d be without the poor financial management, bad managerial choices, bullying behaviour, threatening fans with legal action etc etc. 

There's a lot to think about for the club here. The reality is the only way to resolve this short term is to cut away allocations and Hooe the remaining appetite from our fans equates to half of the North Stand. By doing that, TFS would be sold out almost every week as almost everyone in the league would sell half the NS as an away allocation.  

I don't think there's many scenarios where you can lose out. You can guarantee away clubs 900 ish tickets I take it.... Only a select few games will be much more than that, and so you only need sell out + maybe 200 extra to make it a worthwhile endeavour. 

If we are still.in the hunt Post Xmas, it will probably become a no brainer

11 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

There's a lot to think about for the club here. The reality is the only way to resolve this short term is to cut away allocations and Hooe the remaining appetite from our fans equates to half of the North Stand. By doing that, TFS would be sold out almost every week as almost everyone in the league would sell half the NS as an away allocation.  

I don't think there's many scenarios where you can lose out. You can guarantee away clubs 900 ish tickets I take it.... Only a select few games will be much more than that, and so you only need sell out + maybe 200 extra to make it a worthwhile endeavour. 

Can we not accommodate fans on the East side of the stand behind fencing, similar to what we had to endure at Edinburgh City?

18 minutes ago, Dade said:

Can we not accommodate fans on the East side of the stand behind fencing, similar to what we had to endure at Edinburgh City?

I guess there would be at least SOME work involved. What turnstiles do they use? Where do they go for a pie or a piss? How do you prevent them just wading into the South (or the North) or the pitch. 

Thing with the North is we don't need to do anything at all. We've already done it before 

36 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

Don't think we can guarantee away fans 900 seats. The stand holds 1800 odd I believe and we would need a large unoccupied section down the middle for segregation purposes. If we only had maybe two or three hundred Falkirk fans wanting tickets it may work, but not if 900 of us wanted in there.

That said the likes of Morton, Hamilton, QP and Livingston won't bring many, although I was surprised at the number of Livi fans that turned up. A good few more than they used to bring.