The Falkirk FC Thread

1 minute ago, Raybowski89 said:

Am I not right in saying that there were serious considerations made for the construction of an East Stand and that, had we survived in the SPL a couple years longer, it may well have come to fruition?

That was back then. I'd say our support is a lot bigger now. Go back and watch SPL matches and there are a lot of empty seats compared to now. I can't help but wonder just how much the Ultras are influencing this. They're making it "cool" to support Falkirk and are surely turning folk away from supporting the OF. I spoke to an ultra not that long ago who assured me that they're all Falkirk since day one, but I'm not sure I buy it 🤣

I know guys who are arse cheeks fans who have told me their kids have been turned to Falkirk by their pals at school etc since the U76 kicked off. It's absolutely happening. To what scale I don't know but I think aswell as the numbers of kids, it stands to reason that their insistence on going to the football will be a driving force behind the numbers increasing. Kids plus those dragged along etc. 

I honestly have no idea if we delve deeply into analysing who the extra numbers are and why they have decided to come. 

Results are huge too clearly. We're playing good, winning football at a higher level. Those two things together are really working for us. 

We know the numbers are probably on the peak atm, but what I would say is we have a large core that will be there come want may. You just have to hope that aswell as the fair weather ticket sales which are great, some of those add themselves to the core 

19 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

It's literally just a question of whether or not we need and and whether or not it makes financial sense. 

Neither council nor refinery come into it at all. 

The reality is if it makes financial sense we'll do it. But not until then

Thank you Bairnardo, much appreciated 👍🏻

5 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

I know guys who are arse cheeks fans who have told me their kids have been turned to Falkirk by their pals at school etc since the U76 kicked off. It's absolutely happening. To what scale I don't know but I think aswell as the numbers of kids, it stands to reason that their insistence on going to the football will be a driving force behind the numbers increasing. Kids plus those dragged along etc. 

I honestly have no idea if we delve deeply into analysing who the extra numbers are and why they have decided to come. 

Results are huge too clearly. We're playing good, winning football at a higher level. Those two things together are really working for us. 

We know the numbers are probably on the peak atm, but what I would say is we have a large core that will be there come want may. You just have to hope that aswell as the fair weather ticket sales which are great, some of those add themselves to the core 

It's one of those things that just seems like such a no-brainer yet nobody ever organised it. I'd be interested to know what the long-term goals are for the group. Do they intend to eventually make the KM fully for Ultras? Realising Sandy Alexander's original vision, and having that stand be dully terracing, would be the obvious goal for the Ultras, you'd think. They don't use the seats anyway 🤣

7 minutes ago, Springfield said:

In everyone interests if the FSS/Club maybe carry out some ground work on exactly how many youngsters are wanting to join up in the KM stand. Dont want to lose potential fans that let’s face it “get the bug” and become regular attendees.

This is an interesting point. Maybe the club could conduct a survey and ask if anyone with a ST in the KM would be interested in moving to the Main Stand for some sort of discount? As I mentioned above, you have to imagine the Ultras will want to eventually have the full stand.

I don't personally want to move but it would be good to have some way to allow that group to grow naturally. 

This thi g about moving though, is that eventually the atmosphere will follow and you won't be missing out by not being in the KM7. 

If the natural growth continues into next season, I'd consider moving after that. 

In fact, get lost with all this chat about moving folk out of the KM7. I've been in there for 14 years, pretty much the same seat. I've had great times - "One shoe, for the Falkirk Bairns" - and I've had games where I've genuinely asked myself why I'm there watching utter shite.  I've been there through it all, enduring the bad times to enjoy the good times - and I'll still be there when things go wrong and we're shite again.  If I wanted to sit in the Main Stand, I'd sit in the Main Stand. 

4 minutes ago, Silvio Tattiescone said:

In fact, get lost with all this chat about moving folk out of the KM7. I've been in there for 14 years, pretty much the same seat. I've had great times - "One shoe, for the Falkirk Bairns" - and I've had games where I've genuinely asked myself why I'm there watching utter shite.  I've been there through it all, enduring the bad times to enjoy the good times - and I'll still be there when things go wrong and we're shite again.  If I wanted to sit in the Main Stand, I'd sit in the Main Stand. 

Absolutely no one should be forced out. Under no circumstances. There should be a waiting list for tickets for it if there are new supporters who want exclusively to sit there or nothing. And at that point, the club can seek to incentivise those who might move to allow for 2 ST sales instead of 1, or they wait it out. 

You could also offer people a queue jump for the KM7 if they buy a Main Stand ST in the interim. 

I am one of those who was a customer of the SS from 2009 right up until last season.

I could get in there for any game I wanted previously, but haven't had a ST for several years now, due to not attending enough games, so cannot get in there for love nor money nowadays.

That's just the way it goes. My kids are raging at me though! They would love to be in amongst it!

There is somewhat an irony that the Ultras were put into the KM as not to annoy the main stand sweetie rustlers and now we seem to be suggesting incentivising long-term KM patrons to shift even though they have also helped contribute to the success and atmosphere in the KM!

As someone said a wee bit further up, we're all Ultras in the KM even if we don't necessarily align ourselves with the U1876 group. 

Another interesting data point from the summer would be those that elected not to renew in the KM and switched.

55 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

One of my work mates is a Celtic supporter and lives in Brightons. He’s taken his lad(who is also a Celtic supporter) to a few Falkirk games as his boy was keen to go and be amongst the Ultras. He’s not been converted yet but the opportunity is there to capture some more fans from the OF. Pretty sure he’s not the only non-Falkirk fan who will have attended matches this season and last.

The Ultras are definitely playing a huge part in helping to boost the crowds(and team too). 

Instead of asking anyone to move, would converting the U76 section into terracing free up any more space? Folk already cram in there, and you end up with a scenario where there's folk doubling up on one seat, meaning there's quite a few empty seats dotted around the KM as it's "at capacity". It's a shame that folk can't get in the KM when there are literally empty seats every match. Some of that may well be ST holders not releasing their tickets to be re-sold ahead of KO, but I reckon a decent amount are Ultras cramming into that one section. Would terracing be a solution? Have to admit that it does look great at Celtic Park.

Edited by Raybowski89

18 minutes ago, Raybowski89 said:

Instead of asking anyone to move, would converting the U76 section into terracing free up any more space? Folk already cram in there, and you end up with a scenario where there's folk doubling up on one seat, meaning there's quite a few empty seats dotted around the KM as it's "at capacity". It's a shame that folk can't get in the KM when there are literally empty seats every match. Some of that may well be ST holders not releasing their tickets to be re-sold ahead of KO, but I reckon a decent amount are Ultras cramming into that one section. Would terracing be a solution? Have to admit that it does look great at Celtic Park.

Na cos we would likely opt to install the shitey rail seats and maintain capacity where it is. Where people sit or stand once the tickets are sold isn't here or there really 

1 hour ago, Blame Me said:

There is somewhat an irony that the Ultras were put into the KM as not to annoy the main stand sweetie rustlers and now we seem to be suggesting incentivising long-term KM patrons to shift even though they have also helped contribute to the success and atmosphere in the KM!

As someone said a wee bit further up, we're all Ultras in the KM even if we don't necessarily align ourselves with the U1876 group. 

Another interesting data point from the summer would be those that elected not to renew in the KM and switched.

I've never liked sitting in the main stand for the moaning, even had someone tell me to watch the language as his son was with him (wasn't in the family section) plus he's prob heard worse at school or at home.