The Falkirk FC Thread

No as I mentioned you can take a decent pen which can then be saved by a fantastic stop. If however, you sidefoot it to the keeper like McGinn then that's a shit penalty. Good penalty takers don't take shit penalty's funnily enough. Its pretty straight forward. Fortunately I wont make the game today as I'm working. Can't see us getting any sort of result but you never know.

Edited by Shadwell Dog

2 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

No as I mentioned you can take a decent pen which can then be saved by a fantastic stop. If however, you sidefoot it to the keeper like McGinn then that's a shit penalty. Good penalty takers don't take shit penaltys. Its pretty straight forward. Fortunately I wont make the game today as I'm working. Can't see us getting any sort of result but you never know.

So good penalty takers score every penalty?

:lol: 

Penalties are all about luck unless the player is super confident. How many player strike the ball into the top left or right corner of the goal? The answer is not too many.
Player know in their heads what they are planning to do before run up, it just tough luck if the keeper goes the same way as the shot.
Saying a player is bad at taking penalties for missing one penalty is pretty poor, however does not detract from the accusation that he is a cheating little shit...because he is and a dirty little f***** to boot

18 minutes ago, bejazz1 said:

Penalties are all about luck unless the player is super confident. How many player strike the ball into the top left or right corner of the goal? The answer is not too many.
Player know in their heads what they are planning to do before run up, it just tough luck if the keeper goes the same way as the shot.
Saying a player is bad at taking penalties for missing one penalty is pretty poor, however does not detract from the accusation that he is a cheating little shit...because he is and a dirty little f***** to boot

Luck is involved to a certain extent but if it was all about luck you wouldn't get teams like Germany consistently winning at penalties and teams like England consistently losing. Best penalty taker at Falkirk in my time was Derek McWilliams. Used to smash it into the top corner every time giving the keeper absolutely no chance. One of the worst was Simon Stainrod.

Edited by Shadwell Dog

Why were we not trialing this formation in preseason to see who fitted where. I still think its feckin ludicrous to suddenly change things totally after having played a number of games where we couldve used it.

Exactly what I said when I saw the line up. Why did we not play this in the dead rubber against Brechin?

You think? Dont see Housty changing the full system because Kerr was out. Specially not when Rankin is there anyway. I would like us to continue with the system. Just need to put the proper players in it.

Going by previous seasons we would have set up with-

Taiwo Kerr Rankin sibbald.

8 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

Aye we have been talking about a 3 5 2 on here for weeks, Housty clearly thinking similar yet waits till this game...

I genuinely think we have the makings of finishing second but I dont like our chances of staying with Hibs. Hope to be wrong. I think the we need to have Craigen in the team if we persist with Aero as RWB and we need to look at dropping Baird. As well as not scoring he also doesnt provide the runs for the out ball that Bob or Austin do and obviously not the aerial power of Miller. Seems to me he has just been surpassed in terms of abilities in the squad

Titles there for the taking if we had an ambitious forward thinking bod. I certainly dont think our side from lazt season wouldve lost today.

Anyone still want to argue with this? The boy is murder and got bullied with ease today.

Wouldn't be calling him murder after playing only 5 'competitive' games. He's been the most disappointing signing though but only because I had higher expectations of him then Craigen or Kidd.

Wasn't at that game today but the lineup suggested a bizarre defence. No issues with the 3-5-2 formation but McCracken can't be match fit and a natural centre half playing wing-back is just wrong. As was pointed out early in the thread Kidd out wide and Muirhead one back would give us a more balanced team.

Was Sibbald played central behind the strikers today or slightly off the left of a midfield 3? Hopefully the former as it's clearly his best position.

Think the whole Killie game physiciality thing has been overstated a tad.

Not sure about that- it was plain for all to see, especially in the second leg.

Today, it was the bigger guys at the back that were soft as shit, being bullied by Cummings every time. They handled Holt but Cummings took them, especially Gasparotto, for a ride. The likes of Rankin, Taiwo, Baird and especially McHugh weren't intimidated by size and got stuck right in.