The Falkirk FC Thread

Absolutely agree but I think he is potentially a game winner ..obv he's been wasted every time he was forced to play right mid ...he will be the major reason if we are successful this season cause no other team has goals in their midfield like he has

It gets worse! You've just said Sibbs won't be a massive miss and now you are talking about a potential game winner and having goals in midfield in reference to Craigen! A player that might turn out to be a player but isn't in the same league as Sibbald! I'm all for strong opinions & reasoned debate but please try and keep it in the realm of reality. Sibbs has been a fantastic servant, a fantastic player and by all accounts and decent person. Add to this that he is pure home grown then he is right up there with any player we've had in recent memory. To not think he will be a massive miss is a bewildering view.

As has been mentioned before the main problem with sibbald is we have never played him in a role that gets the best out of him. He's too slow to play out wide and when played as a centre mid he ends up too deep and doesn't get into the areas around the box where he can do his best work.  If the money for him allowed us to strengthen other areas of the team then I wouldn't be too disappointed in him moving on. He had little impact in the two playoff games against United especially the first leg when he was poor and Houston seems very reluctant to play him as a number 10.

You can shut up also! [emoji108]

1 hour ago, ANEWHOPE said:

You can shut up also! emoji108.png

We've done it before. Sometimes it's better to lose one player to strengthen the team as a whole. Happened with the likes of Eddie May and Neil Duffy and they were better players than sibbald. 

I love Sibbs. I think his true value to us will only be appreciated once he has gone. I've seen him take games by the scruff of the neck and he can see passes other players can't. He also gives other players time and space by his trickery. Always enjoyed his little cheeky flicks or skill in a tight situation. He was something different in our side rather than hoof and run types we have had over the years. I personally would never criticise him and he will always be one of our own. Best of luck with the rest of your career Craig!!

Honestly think I watch a different sport from some of our fans.

If anyone doesn't recognise just how good a player Sibbald is and how much of a miss he is going to be then I've no idea what you've been watching the last 5 years.

Agreed.

It is more than likely he is away considering our BOD track record of caving in on transfer fees and how desperate we seem to be for cash again.

However he has a two year deal on the table he may well still have to sign. Let's not write his epitaph until he has actually departed.

The shite getting talked by some on his contribution to the team is frankly hilarious and sad at the same time.

Sibbs will be a huge miss. I'd love him to stay on but I fear it's a foregone conclusion that by hook or by crook he'll be sold on, probably for less than the fee he should carry.

There is an argument for his own career, he needs to move on but that's not looking through the navy blue glasses that we tend to do.

Can't see Luton Town of League Division Four being a good move for the lad.
Land of the giants down there, he won't get much chance to shine watching Exocet missiles fly over his head for 90 minutes each week.
Far better going to the continent.

1 minute ago, Ranaldo Bairn said:

Can't see Luton Town of League Division Four being a good move for the lad.
Land of the giants down there, he won't get much chance to shine watching Exocet missiles fly over his head for 90 minutes each week.
Far better going to the continent.

Going by the Luton forum their talk is he is one for the first team.

Sibbs will be a huge miss. I'd love him to stay on but I fear it's a foregone conclusion that by hook or by crook he'll be sold on, probably for less than the fee he should carry.

There is an argument for his own career, he needs to move on but that's not looking through the navy blue glasses that we tend to do.

Possibly, but not to Luton surely? He might also just see that he has a real chance of Scottish Premiership football next season, even if not with Falkirk.

Maybe I am just hoping so.

We've done it before. Sometimes it's better to lose one player to strengthen the team as a whole. Happened with the likes of Eddie May and Neil Duffy and they were better players than sibbald. 

Maybe so but we are dealing with a manager that will trade in Sibbald for the likes of Stanton and a boards idea of strengthening the squad will be to announce a fucking hot tub!

Also think you are comparing signings with a different era and different budgets. Plus I think I have enjoyed Sibbald more than the two named. He will be a big miss.

6 minutes ago, ANEWHOPE said:

Maybe so but we are dealing with a manager that will trade in Sibbald for the likes of Stanton and a boards idea of strengthening the squad will be to announce a fucking hot tub!

Also think you are comparing signings with a different era and different budgets. Plus I think I have enjoyed Sibbald more than the two named. He will be a big miss.

If the money isn't used to strengthen the team then that's the bod or managers  fault. The opportunity will be there to make the team as a whole better. We need to take advantage of that.

When did Houstie come out and say he wanted to trade Sibbald for Stanton?

He did say that he won't stand in the way of players who have opportunities to better themselves so I can understand us accepting a bid for Sibbald.

However if Sibbald goes he won't be easy to replace.

I don't really know Stanton that well but if he is an option he appears to be reasonably well rated.

Not sure I understand the negativity towards the club and manager (again).

We just brought in Loy FFS!

If we used the Sibbald money to sign a good RB and mayne Stanton I might reluctantly find that to be acceptable.

Just on Sibbald though and what he means to the team, this just occured to me and it sums it all up. Be honest when answering this... Who here celebrates a Craig Sibbald goal just a wee bit more than any other?

I do.

Not so much with Sibbald, but i actually celebrate goals from players that get a lot of unfair stick, like Craigen etc.

It's a bit bad but I can't help but think GIRFUY towards some of our own supporters when it happens sometimes.[emoji9]

1 hour ago, roman_bairn said:

Why would we be looking to sign a winger having just signed a Harris?

Thomas is a left winger but can also play centrally, maybe Houston sees him as a replacement for Sibbald.