The Falkirk FC Thread

Disappointing if true. Think he could have been a key man for us this season.

Presumably Luton would have to pay us a reasonable amount of money but I think they average nearly 10,000 at home games so could well have the cash to spend.

Houston did say if someone goes then someone will come in wonder if he has anyone in mind

I think he also hinted that he thinks he has good cover in all positions so not certain that this will lead to further signings.

McHattie and Stanton on there way

Be happy enough with Stanton but the mention of McHattie brings ridicule from fans of all his former employers so I'm not too keen. Can't remember ever seeing him for myself right enough.

Stanton was good for Dumbarton last year, Hibs are noticeably looking for players in his position and I'm not sure we can reply on McKee for a full season injury-wise. Still, we have Craigen who performed well centrally towards the end of last season.

Mchattie seems certain according to the usual ITK people..I'll judge him purely what he does in the navy blue ..& really that's all that matters..if he's shite well we expected it ..but he may be decent we just don't know

Personally I am willing to give him every chance.

However I rather suspect we about to see a spate of negative posts if there's any truth here.

2 hours ago, roman_bairn said:

Disappointing if true. Think he could have been a key man for us this season.

Presumably Luton would have to pay us a reasonable amount of money but I think they average nearly 10,000 at home games so could well have the cash to spend.

Just under 10500 seater stadium average attendance being 8500, dont know why but i get this feeling they wont stump up the cash easy for Sibbs and it will be left to tribunal again like Mark Stewart.

Just under 10500 seater stadium average attendance being 8500, dont know why but i get this feeling they wont stump up the cash easy for Sibbs and it will be left to tribunal again like Mark Stewart.

I'd like to think they would not go down that route given that they would probably be aware of the final outcome of the Stewart case though.

2 minutes ago, Jackie Moon said:

Okay as much as I like sibbs as a footballer we all know his lack of pace & dig will never see him being a top player ..in all his seasons with us he has never controlled  a game like mark Kerr at his best can...top boi & local hero but I don't think it's a massive miss

15 minutes ago, distresseduke said:

Okay as much as I like sibbs as a footballer we all know his lack of pace & dig will never see him being a top player ..in all his seasons with us he has never controlled  a game like mark Kerr at his best can...top boi & local hero but I don't think it's a massive miss

Pretty much agree hat with this and I think a move to Luton or somewhere similar is a decent move for him (at least in terms of salary), good luck to the lad.

Time now for Craigen and Hippo to step up and provide the creativity from midfield.

11 minutes ago, Reggie Perrin said:

Pretty much agree hat with this and I think a move to Luton or somewhere similar is a decent move for him (at least in terms of salary), good luck to the lad.

Time now for Craigen and Hippo to step up and provide the creativity from midfield.

Hippo will always be a an enigma imo again a lovely footballer..craigen I think is on a different level but will we play the correct formation for him? he can be an absolute weapon if played behind two centres & has an excellent shot on him but he wouldn't get in a 442 before Joe McKee who offers more in a central midfield position..a fit Joe McKee could control a game

3 minutes ago, distresseduke said:

Hippo will always be a an enigma imo again a lovely footballer..craigen I think is on a different level but will we play the correct formation for him? he can be an absolute weapon if played behind two centres & has an excellent shot on him but he wouldn't get in a 442 before Joe McKee who offers more in a central midfield position..a fit Joe McKee could control a game

A blind man in a dark room could see that Craigen must play behind the front two. He would be a certainty to get into double figures as well as creating for the forwards.

If I remember correctly? Stewart was older when he moved and Bradford tried to claim that due to his birth date they did not have to pay any fee

14 minutes ago, distresseduke said:

I stuck up for Craigen at the start of the season as long as I could, he does have the luxury of being comfortable with both left and right foot, decent shot and good set pieces. I just can't see the different level in him yet, two superb superman performances where he had pace in the last two games hasn't convinced me fully.

He will need to bring more of the last two performances to be on that different level list, he has the tools to do so tho

25 minutes ago, MrDust said:

I stuck up for Craigen at the start of the season as long as I could, he does have the luxury of being comfortable with both left and right foot, decent shot and good set pieces. I just can't see the different level in him yet, two superb superman performances where he had pace in the last two games hasn't convinced me fully.

He will need to bring more of the last two performances to be on that different level list, he has the tools to do so tho

Absolutely agree but I think he is potentially a game winner ..obv he's been wasted every time he was forced to play right mid ...he will be the major reason if we are successful this season cause no other team has goals in their midfield like he has

Honestly think I watch a different sport from some of our fans.

If anyone doesn't recognise just how good a player Sibbald is and how much of a miss he is going to be then I've no idea what you've been watching the last 5 years.

I've read some [emoji90] on this thread but this is certainly up there. I'll give you the pace comment but the rest is absolute nonsense. He has been a huge player for us and his loss will leave a similar sized whole in our team to the one left by Will if not replaced. Without doubt the most creative player we have and his work rate in the last few seasons has been impressive. Also the lack of 'dig' you reference is an area that he has worked hard on and has added to his game and has become a real asset. He won't be a massive miss? Absolute bullshit!

As has been mentioned before the main problem with sibbald is we have never played him in a role that gets the best out of him. He's too slow to play out wide and when played as a centre mid he ends up too deep and doesn't get into the areas around the box where he can do his best work.  If the money for him allowed us to strengthen other areas of the team then I wouldn't be too disappointed in him moving on. He had little impact in the two playoff games against United especially the first leg when he was poor and Houston seems very reluctant to play him as a number 10.