The Falkirk FC Thread

5 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

I agree at times we were playing a different front two virtually every week and our centre midfield also changed regularly. We need a lot more consistency in selection this season.

centre back two also.....

For me you start with a spine, from goalkeeper centre defence, centre mid, centre forward. Goalie apart, we had probably four players in each block of the spine throughout the season 

Yet more abusive comments directed my way to try to defend your failing position.

One thing I am not is a 'happy clapping deluded moron', nor will I accept mediocrity. I have my moments at games when I more than lose it...although that's the exception rather than a default position.

However what i do have is a sense of realism. I have said it before, we are not a Raith or a Dunfermline or a Livingston. I think the club has made progress under Houston, albeit slowly.

I happen to think that getting behind the team this season will have a more influential effect than constant negativity.

Do I think there are positions that could be filled? Yes. Do I want Houstie to take action? Yes, if there's a better available option out there who wants to play for us.

What I don't do is make constantly scathing comments towards the manager and players because they don't do everything I want, irrespective of circumstances, budget etc.

Sense of realism? Your comment about how I would view Alex Ferguson's appointment far from any sense of realism. I'm not sure you get what realism is & just because you claim to be one doesn't mean you are. Like most things it is very much down to interpretation and is subjective.

Also I totally refute your assertion that my position is a failing one. I admit I chucked in a few more robust terms in your direction but your sarcastic and accusatory tone provoked that reaction. However I did suggest that given how far a part we are it maybe for the best we disengage but you seem desperately determined to keep debating...are you ok?

My interpretation of deluded happy clapper may be off the mark but your accusation that I am scathing against players & manager is done so irrespective of budget etc suggests me calling you a moron should stand.

Sense of realism? Your comment about how I would view Alex Ferguson's appointment far from any sense of realism. I'm not sure you get what realism is & just because you claim to be one doesn't mean you are. Like most things it is very much down to interpretation and is subjective.

Also I totally refute your assertion that my position is a failing one. I admit I chucked in a few more robust terms in your direction but your sarcastic and accusatory tone provoked that reaction. However I did suggest that given how far a part we are it maybe for the best we disengage but you seem desperately determined to keep debating...are you ok?

My interpretation of deluded happy clapper may be off the mark but your accusation that I am scathing against players & manager is done so irrespective of budget etc suggests me calling you a moron should stand.

Did I miss something or did your disengagement involve sending yet another email?

And yet more abuse....[emoji22]

Just as well I am thick skinned. (Just so you understand thick skinned and thick ain't the same thing). [emoji16]

17 minutes ago, MrDust said:

centre back two also.....

For me you start with a spine, from goalkeeper centre defence, centre mid, centre forward. Goalie apart, we had probably four players in each block of the spine throughout the season 

Yeah your spine should be the same every week barring injury.

Did I miss something or did your disengagement involve sending yet another email?

And yet more abuse....[emoji22]

Just as well I am thick skinned. (Just so you understand thick skinned and thick ain't the same thing). [emoji16]

I've no idea what you mean regarding email comment? But as for thick ain't the same thing as thick skinned...I'll be the judge.

Still more utter pish from some about Sibbald. He was good here, bad there blah, blah, blah.

Since we got relegated he has had a huge impact at the club. He has gone primarily because all his mates have gone too and he can earn 4/5/6 times what he was earning.

I will always have joy at seeing that goal at Dumfries when we was 16. The class opener v Hibs in the 4-3 semi loss. The stunner at Tynecastle. The Quarter Final winner at Dumfries. The semi final winner v Hibs. ICT failing to kick him off the park in the final. The first goal v the Scum last year.

He brought joy when most around were majorly mediocre.

Good luck wee Man. You will always be one of ours.

2 hours ago, Bairnardo said:

Thats brutal. I stopped posting there quite quickly but still used to read. Now I never even look at it

Exactly this.

There is one fool on there that I won't dignify by naming that genuinely seems to be obsessive in his negativity, grim stuff.

Looks like the Luton fans have been looking at One F rather than here:

• Re: The mystery Midfielder?.

Posted by Cumbrian Hatter on 8/7/2017, 22:54:40, in reply to "Re: The mystery Midfielder?."

If it is Sibbald the fans have mixed feelings: he came through their ranks, a Falkirk fan, good skills at this level, no pace, a bit lightweight and can go missing. They would like a fee and hope to get him back on loan after a year. They are not convinced he would make it in England.

Never felt the same way about our other academy lads (Fulton, Kingsley, McGrandles, Wallace, etc) leaving as I will when Sibbs eventually does leave. So many class memories such as the Hearts away game and the Cup Semi against Hibs.
I'd love him to sign on for another 2 years if that's what's been offered to him but I'm a dreamer.

One of the worst bits about the playoffs was that he didn't get a proper send off. Hope the lad kicks on down south and makes a shit tonne of money before wandering back up the road to play for us again in a few years xxx

7 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

Luton fans can f**k the f**k off.

I swear to fucking god if I read anymore shite like that aff they c***s il be picking up Senor Bairn in the Transit and gaun fuckin doon there.

Yer oan fucking notice ya Luton wanks.

To be honest I don't think any salary could entice me to live in Luton.

A truly horrendous shitehouse of a town.

Never felt the same way about our other academy lads (Fulton, Kingsley, McGrandles, Wallace, etc) leaving as I will when Sibbs eventually does leave. So many class memories such as the Hearts away game and the Cup Semi against Hibs.
I'd love him to sign on for another 2 years if that's what's been offered to him but I'm a dreamer.

One of the worst bits about the playoffs was that he didn't get a proper send off. Hope the lad kicks on down south and makes a shit tonne of money before wandering back up the road to play for us again in a few years xxx

Totally agree. As I said earlier I've read some garbage on here (much of it from me) but to see his potential departure as a positive is staggering. Hadn't factored in the lack of a proper send off which is a real shame. However I will hope that he has a rethink for selfish reasons, although for him a move might be the best thing for him.

He's one of our own. Only Gallagher looks likely to have that title this season sadly with Shepard and O'Hara on the sidelines. I know that the obsessives keep telling us that nobody is ready to step up but it is quite sad for a team renowned for developing players that we are now treated to journeymen

Totally agree. As I said earlier I've read some garbage on here (much of it from me) but to see his potential departure as a positive is staggering. Hadn't factored in the lack of a proper send off which is a real shame. However I will hope that he has a rethink for selfish reasons, although for him a move might be the best thing for him.

I cannot for the life of me - other than financially - see how League 2 football in England is in any way a step up for Sibbald.

I really hope that he stays and makes it to the Scottish Premiership next season, and if he plays to his potential, some English Championship club may pick him up a season after.

There are some goddamn awful towns in the U.K., but few that I have spent time in worse than Luton.

1 hour ago, ANEWHOPE said:

It's never great to see one of your better players move on but if the money is spent correctly then it can be turned into a positive.  We need to learn from previous feckups though like replacing vaulks with haddies like Rankin and aird.