The Falkirk FC Thread

1 hour ago, ka202 said:

Glorified friendly but that was pish. Had Lewis’ strike went in it could’ve been and probably would have been a completely different game. Everyone looked like they were terrified to make a mistake. Muirhead my mom

this x10 for me. Can tell Sammut has ability but he was absolutely shit feart of making a mistake, same with most until Froxy came on and he was just happy to play his own game which was trying to thread cute balls through and try some pings.  Love him already don't even care if he turns out to be pish

I’m with ka202 Muirhead mom and Harrison and McGhee showed good commitment several players have lot to do 

Paton showed experience that him and Muirhead won the championship with Thistle 

a lot of work to be done if weeare to compete with Ross county Thistle united and Dunfermline

and that is before we need to match Morton Ayr Cally etc

5 minutes ago, FalkirkLad said:

this x10 for me. Can tell Sammut has ability but he was absolutely shit feart of making a mistake, same with most until Froxy came on and he was just happy to play his own game which was trying to thread cute balls through and try some pings.  Love him already don't even care if he turns out to be pish

Sammut will come good once he gets used to aying first team football. If he is as good as his pedigree is, it won't take long. Paton may not be to everyone's tastes, but he's exactly the hardened, cynical player I'd want in centre mid to a young guy. 

55 minutes ago, EdiBairn said:

I'd be looking to move out Harris, McKee and Shepherd as soon as possible, as they're clearly not part of the plans. I'd also look to get O'Hara out on loan as he's unfortunately just nowhere near good enough. 

That should then free up wages to get some quality and experience in upfront.

Easier said than done, 3 players either on full time wages or more £s than the next club that would be interested in them.

I would've had McKee on my exit list but yesterday I think he could've added to our midfield, early days for the newbies tho

36 minutes ago, DeeBairn said:

Sammut will come good once he gets used to aying first team football. If he is as good as his pedigree is, it won't take long. Paton may not be to everyone's tastes, but he's exactly the hardened, cynical player I'd want in centre mid to a young guy. 

I hope you are correct but for me seemed like it was like Pressley over again BOB and Millar doing sitting roles when we only needed one, yesterday Sammut and Paton 

14 minutes ago, roman_bairn said:

Said it before on this thread so will say it again.
VAR needs to be stopped coming into the domestic game. I see it’s just ruined no less of a game than the WC Final....

We don't have goal line tech, so VAR is a long way off if ever in Scottish Fitba.

Tbf its still referees decision and still wrong like they are without VAR !!!

If the ref didn't make a c**t of a decision the score remains 1-1.

There was No Decision to make, but for VAR. Now 4-1 but that does not change the fact that TV changed the score, tactics and pattern of the game...

It’s wrong when TV is having that effect. Leave that to American Football....

21 minutes ago, Newmember said:

I think Falkirk will struggle this season to make top 6 and that would mean change of manager IMO its a very very hard div this season and teams like Falkirk and Dunfermline will struggle big time 

Change of pants, Aisle 5 please. 

36 minutes ago, MrDust said:

I hope you are correct but for me seemed like it was like Pressley over again BOB and Millar doing sitting roles when we only needed one, yesterday Sammut and Paton 

We don't have goal line tech, so VAR is a long way off if ever in Scottish Fitba.

Tbf its still referees decision and still wrong like they are without VAR !!!

I agree with you on that score, should have been one sitting midfielder, one attacking mid and the two wide players. Would have spread play out a bit better. 

1 hour ago, roman_bairn said:

Said it before on this thread so will say it again.
VAR needs to be stopped coming into the domestic game. I see it’s just ruined no less of a game than the WC Final....

Have to disagree. Video evidence has been used to highlight all sorts of cheating in our league.

Guest Back Post Misses
I think Falkirk will struggle this season to make top 6 and that would mean change of manager IMO its a very very hard div this season and teams like Falkirk and Dunfermline will struggle big time 

Also mean a new CEO and Chairman

On 14/07/2018 at 17:55, ATLIS said:

Falkirk lose as Sibbald tears it up with us. Joyous 

Why was he tearing up? Did you do something to upset him? Like consigning him to have play in front of your sorry and needy wee ar5e? Don’t tell me.....you never miss a game. 

2 hours ago, Newmember said:

Teams like Falkirk and Dunfermline? Intrigue.