The Falkirk FC Thread

5 minutes ago, DeeBairn said:

I was thinking that. Was he not mostly a swap plus a bit of cash? 

Bolton was the club, no players were involved......

I think to my memory that it was £125k or there about

Interesting that Jeffries was given the biggest amount of cash to spend

Just now, MrDust said:

Club wasn't run by committee back then 

1 minute ago, Bairnardo said:

Brian Hamilton..... Shudder.

Mind after being a figure of ridicule and abuse he turned in a few good performances towards the end of his time with us.

The one game that stuck out for me was the cup game against Berwick Rangers at Shielfield other than that i struggle to recall many decent performances from him.

15 hours ago, ShaggerG said:

So you've gone to the trouble of finding out how many Chelsea youths have been loaned out and to which clubs and then to see if they've been getting a game or not, all to show that Sammut's pish! Congratulations! 

Hopefully McKinnon's influence will have a positive effect on him and he'll start to improve (along with a few others). I think he needs encouragement though because the booing doesn't seem to have worked so far.

Would be nice BTW if you could maybe say something positive just once in a while!

I have an interest in chelsea actually so know quite a bit about the players coming through. I had hoped that Sammut would have enough to stand out at this level but he's looked pretty much out of his depth so far.  I don't think anyone is booing the team out but when you see the standards of performance we're getting have bought seasons in droves again this year its hard to clap them off when they've been pumped by a junior outfit.

The one game that stuck out for me was the cup game against Berwick Rangers at Shielfield other than that i struggle to recall many decent performances from him.

I obviously cant put my finger on it givwn how long ago we are talking. I just seem to recall a fair bit of, "where the f**k has that came from" towards the end of his last season with us.

He was a player, very much like Mark McGraw in some respects, who I used to feel sorry for because of how shite they were and how much pelters they got because of it.

I obviously cant put my finger on it givwn how long ago we are talking. I just seem to recall a fair bit of, "where the f**k has that came from" towards the end of his last season with us.

He was a player, very much like Mark McGraw in some respects, who I used to feel sorry for because of how shite they were and how much pelters they got because of it.

McGraw had a good record with Morton did he not much the same as Peter Duffield.  saying that Ken Eadie was another did we not pay a fee for him if i recall right he was a great goalscorer at every club he was at bar us.

Heehaw Mark McGraw....

Had a bit of his faithers knack of finding the net but his faither broke his knees doing so, the laddie would be lucky to have broke his nails

2 minutes ago, AL-FFC said:

McGraw had a good record with Morton did he not much the same as Peter Duffield.  saying that Ken Eadie was another did we not pay a fee for him if i recall right he was a great goalscorer at every club he was at bar us.

Ally Graham senior also scored goals elsewhere and was always the bar I set for worst striker ever for us, then along came Taylor Morgan and this seasons gathering

50k for Eadie

Edited by MrDust

6 minutes ago, MrDust said:

Jeffries brought a decent amount of cash in though. I remember reading his biography and the first thing he was told when he arrived at the club was that he would have to sell before  he could buy.   He always managed to get a good deal when we were selling our best players.  Eddie May out Stevie Kirk and Mowgli in plus cash which helped bring in Mojo. Neil Duffy out and McGowan and Ristic in plus cash.  Now its Will Vaulks out and John feckin Rankin in . 

6 minutes ago, MrDust said:

Ally Graham senior also scored goals elsewhere and was always the bar I set for worst striker ever for us, then along came Taylor Morgan and this seasons gathering

50k for Eadie

He always scored against Motherwell. Just noone else. Mind you the poor guy had to play up front on his own in Dave Clarkes ultra defensive team.  Van Basten would've struggled to get goals with that lot.

We're slagging a lot of these guys off but I'd take most of them before the current dross any day.

Edited by Shodwall cat

1 hour ago, Shodwall cat said:

I have an interest in chelsea actually so know quite a bit about the players coming through. I had hoped that Sammut would have enough to stand out at this level but he's looked pretty much out of his depth so far.  I don't think anyone is booing the team out but when you see the standards of performance we're getting have bought seasons in droves again this year its hard to clap them off when they've been pumped by a junior outfit.

Oh, you have an interest in Chelsea? Sorry, I should have realised, please accept my apologies.

I didn't say anyone was booing the team out and I didn't say anyone should be clapping them off either.