The Falkirk FC Thread

The negativity about garry holt was ridicules before hed even had a single game ffs. all this about getting rid of the board etc etc i'd love to see what some of these keyboard warriors would do if they were in charge

I expressed my disappointment that we had appointed an absolute noob as a manager but I did say I'd get behind him and I stated that I hoped he'd do well.

If I were in charge I would have appointed a football manager.

and going back in time I would not have appointed Eddie May and I might not have appointed Elvis but I certainly wouldn't have extended his contract.

I would also have said 'no' to Newco and stated so in the press afterwards

How things might have worked out had 'my' decisions been made are, of course, totally unmeasurable, all appointments are gambles, but you can improve the odds by checking form - Holt had no form - I still hope he does well !

'mon the Bairns etc.

I expressed my disappointment that we had appointed an absolute noob as a manager but I did say I'd get behind him and I stated that I hoped he'd do well.

If I were in charge I would have appointed a football manager.

and going back in time I would not have appointed Eddie May and I might not have appointed Elvis but I certainly wouldn't have extended his contract.

I would also have said 'no' to Newco and stated so in the press afterwards

How things might have worked out had 'my' decisions been made are, of course, totally unmeasurable, all appointments are gambles, but you can improve the odds by checking form - Holt had no form - I still hope he does well !

'mon the Bairns etc.

Ned i wouldn't put you in that catagory at least youre still supporting but hey.

The newco vote was a massive dissapointment for 2 reasons one being rpinciple and the other meaning they knew that we were never going to do anything other than pay lip service to promotion this year and sevco being in our devision would have been a great excuse why our team of wonder kids didnt go up, well a season later with no sevco and the fifers doced 15 points and we limp into 3rd place.

Anyway we are where we are now imo becuase yogi signings were extreemly short sighted regarding players ages and money and unless we'd somehow had a european run i cant see how it would ever have paid off, but for a while we had some nice football to watch whilst beating bigger spl clubs and got crowds of 5000 +, just imagin that today!

So other than getting a time machine and changing that we have to look at ways to move forward, we have a tight budget and are trying to raise funds ( yet concert get slated on one f) we get an untested manager (what is russels managerial record???)

Its going to be low ages low wages for the next while at least, gotta take the rough with the smooth if you win the euro millions feel free to buy us a couple midfielders

Would you have chucked any CVs which came in from guys without managerial experience in the bin Ned?

I would certainly have considered each and every applicant but as I've stated extensively and pretty monotonously I would have been looking to buck the trend by appointing someone who had at least an iota of previous managerial experience.

I'm not overly against giving someone like Holt the job, I just felt the club was crying out for a change in tack - if I was to take the gamble on a noob I might have gone with the one that would have seen a rush on season tickets - the guy in your avatar.

I still hope Holt does well.

Its going to be low ages low wages for the next while at least, gotta take the rough with the smooth if you win the euro millions feel free to buy us a couple midfielders

If I won the euro millions I'd take the hit and buy the North stand - and only if I'd won an absolute fortune - that would be about it !!

Probably cost us £50k - £100k todays pars result......still funny tho..... :P

Still there is a new KFC near Alloa ground now......

I dunno. They only brought 600 to the last game. Dundee (and possibly even Hearts too!) will bring more than that.

I dunno. They only brought 600 to the last game. Dundee (and possibly even Hearts too!) will bring more than that.

No offence to Alloa...but Alloa will bring much much less, the game must add on 1000 minimum taking in both ends even in bad times as well as increased hospitality....easily over 2 games would be 50k minimum, whereas if the Pars were going well, its easily nearer the 2000 mark....tho I think it will be a while before they are going well after seeing them the last two games

Dundee can be a funny team, if they are doing well or in crisis, they will bring numbers, Hearts obviously would be great in a financial way too, still a chance they could do a Rangers tho in current situation.....

Our budget this year was £1.5m. £50k is nothing.

50k could be used to bring back Farid. Just imagine him up front with Taylor. He is struggling to get a game at Brentford at the moment.

I know this will never happen but its nice to dream.

I don't care what people say about Taylor. As a footballer he has given our club110% and then-some. He has improved since the start of the season and we're 3rd thanks to his goals . However, on twitter he has to watch what he is saying. I'm not talking about him changing his bio or whatever. Apparently swearing at fans, i say apparently because i never seen it, you cannot do no matter what they said. The whole thing on transfer deadline day i thought was OTT. But as i say as a footballer he's been brilliant.

Apparently swearing at fans, i say apparently because i never seen it, you cannot do no matter what they said.

Bullshit.

Now I've no idea what's been said either to or from him but if there's fans having a go at him then he's absolutely right to have a go back at them.

We've more than our fair share of mutants in our support.

Having seen the exchange on Twitter, Lyle's response was way over the top.

He wasn't even directly included in the tweet and the fan wasn't abusive either.

I'm not denying the guys ability at all, but getting involved in online spats with supporters should be avoided. He's only served to make a pretty harmless situation worse when it was a nothing comment in the first place.

What was Taylor's response? If I was him I'd be a bit miffed by:

When Lyle leaves Falkirk he'll be a nobody the fans won't miss him, whereas Farid will always be a legend!

Was that the tweet you're talking about? If so, I'd have thought a brief fcuk you would be in order. Haven't found any sweary response though.

The fans won't miss a striker who scored 29 goals in a season?????

Who are these spoiled rotten Falkirk fans who speak utter drivel?

Whilst I'm up on my high horse, I couldn't give a flying f**k if Lyle personally flicked me the vickies after every goal. He is emplyed to score goals, not sook my boaby.

Edited by Gaz FFC

What was Taylor's response? If I was him I'd be a bit miffed by:

When Lyle leaves Falkirk he'll be a nobody the fans won't miss him, whereas Farid will always be a legend!

Was that the tweet you're talking about? If so, I'd have thought a brief fcuk you would be in order. Haven't found any sweary response though.

Nah sorry, I didn't realise there had been more tweets. This was one from a while ago when a fan mentioned that players shouldn't be talking to other supporters about potential moves and named Lyle (although never actually tagged him in the tweet) and Taylor replied with a fairly OTT response. I can't recall exactly what he said but he certainly used profanity.

Anyway, the whole thing seems a bit silly.