The Falkirk FC Thread

3 hours ago, Back Post Misses said:

Liam Craig signing would be a sign of the Boards intent - more seasons of mediocrity

Come off it, Liam Craig would instantly be the best player in this division. He also gives you a lot of versatility.

*third best after Shankland and Dobbie then

Why?

Because any player that drops down from the Premiership and is a recognised name must be a stand out in this league. I can think of plenty of midfielders that are better than him at this level.

Aye, but how many of them play for Falkirk? And that's the issue, we'd have to be Claude Anelka levels of shite to recruit worse than last time. Problem is I doubt we can recruit well enough to get above teams who will be looki g to improve as well. 

I’m not saying he’d not be a good signing. I’m questioning the fact that EdiBairn claims he’d be one of the top players in the league but it’s apparent going by his form on here he talks a lot of shite. Or he’s the greatest WUM to exist on P&B.

26 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

I’m not saying he’d not be a good signing. I’m questioning the fact that EdiBairn claims he’d be one of the top players in the league but it’s apparent going by his form on here he talks a lot of shite. Or he’s the greatest WUM to exist on P&B.

I’m honestly starting to believe it’s the latter. 

Liam Craig is a regular pick for an established, well-run Premier League club who are light years ahead of us both on and off the pitch. There is zero chance of him coming here. File under Alston, Burke, Yorke etc.

Folk (well, one complete clown in particular) are posting any drivel and it's discussed as gospel, or like there is at least a chance of it happening. I'll be happy (and surprised) if a club in our dire state can attract a couple of players from the likes of Raith Rovers.

1 hour ago, AGPar said:

I'll be happy (and surprised) if a club in our dire state can attract a couple of players from the likes of Raith Rovers.

Your blood pressure is going to be all over the place with all the surprises you're going to get over the next few weeks

4 hours ago, D'Jaffo said:

Why?

Because any player that drops down from the Premiership and is a recognised name must be a stand out in this league. I can think of plenty of midfielders that are better than him at this level.

Craig was rightfully hounded from our club due to his lack of being able to pass a ball 3 or 4  yards to a player in his own team, he had a decent set play in him but when our team was built around fast ball play, Craig was out his depth 

He of course rebuilt his career twice at St Johnstone, his Hibs career is very much Falkirk like in that short flashes.

It's not gonna happen this season in a return but he obviously needs a certain style of play for him to fit, that said our current crop of midfielders and the standard in this league would see him as top player in this league but the standard of wow players this season is at an all time low, where the player of the year will be Shankland, coz he scored goals....very much how they hand out awards in the seaside leagues, top goalscorer....poty

5 hours ago, MrDust said:

Craig was rightfully hounded from our club due to his lack of being able to pass a ball 3 or 4  yards to a player in his own team, he had a decent set play in him but when our team was built around fast ball play, Craig was out his depth 

He's still like that, it's taken him a while to settle into the middle of the park, and even then he's there as a calming presence who uses his experience to plug gaps more than any ability on the ball. Him and Davidson are destroyers who simply win the ball/stop the opposition, before giving the ball to better players.

In other words, I doubt he's stand out at this level. He's better than Paton, but both looked passable as top half players in our midfield, so I think it's more the system than outright ability.

46 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

Anymore ITK signing news?

The Gary Harkins thing has the feel of a defining move of the window. If its true us and Partick are in for him its going to be a bit of a shiter for whoever misses out.

I genuinely wouldn’t be bothered if Thistle didn’t sign him. Was a great signing back in the day and was sold for 250,000 which saved us from an administration event. 

He is still capable of being unplayable on his day but those days seem fewer and fewer as time passes. He’ll probably win whoever gets him two games by virtue of a stellar performance but the rest of the games will be like playing with 10 men...

5 minutes ago, jagfox99 said:

I genuinely wouldn’t be bothered if Thistle didn’t sign him. Was a great signing back in the day and was sold for 250,000 which saved us from an administration event. 

He is still capable of being unplayable on his day but those days seem fewer and fewer as time passes. He’ll probably win whoever gets him two games by virtue of a stellar performance but the rest of the games will be like playing with 10 men...

I am more bothered the potential for the tone being set in terms of whether Ray has identified and will get his first picks or whether we face a succession of blowouts followed by some more dross pitching up. 

6 minutes ago, jagfox99 said:

That's OK we're used to playing with 10 most weeks, and that's at a push. 

39 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

I am more bothered the potential for the tone being set in terms of whether Ray has identified and will get his first picks or whether we face a succession of blowouts followed by some more dross pitching up. 

Interesting point, he could certainly be sign as a 'marquee signing' by sections of either support which may help other new signings bed in if things went well, even in the short term with GGGH.

On that point I'd be okay with him returning to Firhill. He certainly has the potential to create chances for teams struggling on that front.

f**k it, bring him home Heed!