The Falkirk FC Thread

Maclean is another top piece of business from Ray. Bags of potential and multiple appearances in the premier league. Will also allow us to move to a 4-4-2 once we get a left winger in.

Edited by EdiBairn

7 minutes ago, HopeStreetPieStall said:

To be fair, your whole team fell off a cliff at that point, not just Osman. 

Maybe the clothing range has gone tits up. Can but hope. 

He was the captain of that team and allegedly the main man in midfield. But he completely chucked it, to the point where he (the captain) was dropped for several key matches at the end of the season (possibly the play off games themselves although could be wrong). Also has a stinking attitude, from what I have been told. 

Edited by VladimirMooc

He was the captain of that team and allegedly the main man in midfield. But he completely chucked it, to the point where he (the captain) was dropped for several key matches at the end of the season (possibly the play off games themselves although could be wrong). Also has a stinking attitude, from what I have been told. 

It sounds like he has had an attitude problem in the recent past. Perhaps he was being lauded so much for his early performances?
In this case he has been training with us for a while, has yet to prove himself, and appears to have stood out well in training.
Whilst wary, it appears to me that he is at least trying to progress his football career again....

Maclean is another top piece of business from Ray. Bags of potential and multiple appearances in the premier league. Will also allow us to move to a 4-4-2 once we get a left winger in.

Only 16 appearances in the Premiership over 3 years.

Is every signing that you make this window going to be considered “phenomenal” or a “top piece of business” ?

Is every signing that you make this window going to be considered “phenomenal” or a “top piece of business” ?

I don’t think anything can be deduced until we see how they perform on the park. Hopefully starting with you lot on Saturday.....

1 minute ago, HopeStreetPieStall said:

Yes, because how else can we be full of regret in three months if we don't w**k ourselves into an orgiastic frenzy right here and now? 

You're giving it a full three months before you're full of regret? I give it to February.

18 minutes ago, EdiBairn said:

You talk some amount of shite!!

2 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

In all fairness the only one claiming phenomenal piece of business and outstanding signing is Edibairn he said the same thing about Haber and the less said about that the better.

The rest of us have learned our lesson after the close season farce of a signing spree whilst exciting at the time and a new approach there was one fatal flaw in the plan "IT WAS BOLLOCKS"

I don’t think anything can be deduced until we see how they perform on the park. Hopefully starting with you lot on Saturday.....

Ultimately these guys have been brought in to keep you up so if you do that then they’ll have been a success. If you go down they’ll have failed.

I’d be surprised if any of these guys will be in McKinnons plans next season if you stay up. Just a quick fix imo.

1 hour ago, Back Post Misses said:

Partick fans hero worshiped Lambie let’s not forget

Tbf he was a legend of a manager at Patrick, real great escapes and some achievements with promotions but he was a dick with us

25 minutes ago, EdiBairn said:

He looked honking and so one footed in his recent cameo role as sub for Morton against us. If signed will get chance to show what he can do in navy blue but he showed zero on last showing

Ultimately these guys have been brought in to keep you up so if you do that then they’ll have been a success. If you go down they’ll have failed.

I’d be surprised if any of these guys will be in McKinnons plans next season if you stay up. Just a quick fix imo.

I’d hope that the two signed so far could be in our plans for next season if they perform at the top end of capability. We have lost a lot of cash with this fiasco of a ‘strategy’ and we need some stability if we are to progress upwards....

He looked honking and so one footed in his recent cameo role as sub for Morton against us. If signed will get chance to show what he can do in navy blue but he showed zero on last showing

Apart from having Morton’s only shot on target in the 2nd half

To be fair the likes of Falkirk and Thistle aren't going to be signing superstars in the January window. If they were brilliant they would already be contracted to clubs and wouldn't be available.

All we have got to hope is that Ray can bring in players the he feels have something to prove and that he can work with.

No matter who we sign in this window someone (probably fans of previous clubs) are going to say they are shite.

We have just got to trust Rays judgement and pray that whoever he signs he can get the best out of them and they have the fight in them to get us out this mess.