The Falkirk FC Thread

1 hour ago, EdiBairn said:

Maclean is another top piece of business from Ray. Bags of potential and multiple appearances in the premier league. Will also allow us to move to a 4-4-2 once we get a left winger in.

MacLean looked really good in short spells but also hopeless in other bursts. Seems very temperamental. No chance will he be playing RM in a 4-4-2 - he wouldn't do the tracking back. 

Will probably score past us at the end of the season to keep you lot up though.

1 hour ago, EdiBairn said:

Maclean is another top piece of business from Ray. Bags of potential and multiple appearances in the premier league. Will also allow us to move to a 4-4-2 once we get a left winger in.

Seek help. Immediately. 

It sounds like he has had an attitude problem in the recent past. Perhaps he was being lauded so much for his early performances?
In this case he has been training with us for a while, has yet to prove himself, and appears to have stood out well in training.
Whilst wary, it appears to me that he is at least trying to progress his football career again....
Progress his career?
At 31 he's not going to progress it at the bottom of the Scottish Championship, drag it out a bit but not progress it imo.

1 hour ago, Harry Kinnear said:

To be fair the likes of Falkirk and Thistle aren't going to be signing superstars in the January window. If they were brilliant they would already be contracted to clubs and wouldn't be available.

All we have got to hope is that Ray can bring in players the he feels have something to prove and that he can work with.

No matter who we sign in this window someone (probably fans of previous clubs) are going to say they are shite.

We have just got to trust Rays judgement and pray that whoever he signs he can get the best out of them and they have the fight in them to get us out this mess.

Harry

I see where you're coming from, but we've just signed two guys that can't get a game at club's in the same relegation scrap. 

I'm not in any way impressed with that buisness. 

Surely if they had any worthwhile attributes these clubs would keep hold of them. 

Harry I see where you're coming from, but we've just signed two guys that can't get a game at club's in the same relegation scrap. 

I'm not in any way impressed with that buisness. 

Surely if they had any worthwhile attributes these clubs would keep hold of them. 

Wullie

I don't know the details of either leaving their previous clubs and I'm not getting excited about either signing until I see them play. Most on here including myself bought into Hartleys signings in the summer and see how that worked out.

I honestly don't think, given our finances and the player pool we will be dealing in that we will bring anyone in that is going to impress us all before they have kicked a ball.

It will be players who haven't set the heather alight at other clubs at our level or players who have maybe had personal issues at other clubs and have been punted.

Just got to hope that Ray can mould a team out of what he signs and what's left to keep us up.

I think he has one hell of a job on his hands.

Article in the Herald looks interesting with RM comments more than just 7 mibbees ?

https://www.falkirkherald.co.uk/sport/football/falkirk-fc/falkirk-boss-ray-mckinnon-happy-it-s-new-year-1-4850906

“I’ve been saying all along I can’t wait until January and now it’s here and now we’ve got to try and turn things around. A lot of these players will not be here come the end of January. A lot of them will not play again.

MacLean looked really good in short spells but also hopeless in other bursts. Seems very temperamental. No chance will he be playing RM in a 4-4-2 - he wouldn't do the tracking back. 

Will probably score past us at the end of the season to keep you lot up though.

Don’t listen to him. “Ray” wants to play 4-3-3

22 minutes ago, AL-FFC said:

Article in the Herald looks interesting with RM comments more than just 7 mibbees ?

https://www.falkirkherald.co.uk/sport/football/falkirk-fc/falkirk-boss-ray-mckinnon-happy-it-s-new-year-1-4850906

“I’ve been saying all along I can’t wait until January and now it’s here and now we’ve got to try and turn things around. A lot of these players will not be here come the end of January. A lot of them will not play again.

At least 10 coming in