The Falkirk FC Thread

I think we will line up like this against ayr:

Mitchell

McGhee   Muirhead   Harrison    Dixon

Osman     McKee    McShane 

MacLean          Rudden              Robson??

Probably way off but I think its too early for the player signed today to appear in the starting XI.  Probably way out thought!  Might be even harder to guess the layout than the start of this season!

I'm not convinced Robson would be played that far forward but do we have a left mid yet?

Edited by MetalWolf

Fan ownership proposal is bonkers;-
- Gets MSG off the moral hook whilst preserving their effective control
- Serves as a vehicle for a couple of people to get into the boardroom
- Doesn't address the big issues i.e. stadium ownership, completion of the stadium, buying promotion
- Dilutes financial resource and flexibility
I'm sure there will be plenty of folk, with the best of intentions, prepared to make a donation, albeit for no defined purpose, for that's what it is, but I certainly wouldn't be punting £10-100k into this model. The company could simply make an open offer at a substantial discount to apparent net asset value / share.

Having attended one of the two Patrons meetings there are parts of this post that are factually incorrect.

1. If the 800k is raised the MSG will only have 30% of the company provided they all transfer over and stick together.

2. The fans block will have 25% and the plan if the sealing is hit is to continue with subs to give extra working capital each season.

3. There will be a proper process for electing Board members from across the shareholding. This plan will include skill sets and time able to spend doing the job. Will it stop people want to get involved who are not up to it? Maybe not but safeguards will be in place.

4. The Stadium issue is very much being discussed to address the long term lack of income generation available for the club.

This plan is not perfect, it is work in progress but since the MSG have stated this is the route they want to go down and have already turned down two cash offers from separate groups for the club I struggle to see what options the fans have TBH if they want change. If in two years time we are still muddling away moaning about things on SM then we only have ourselves to blame.

Guest Ecosse83

Can't wait for the game today and 2pm for the lineup. Will be interesting what shape we go with.

Going by the match thread Ayr are missing quite a few so a good time to play them although obviously still a very tough game.

Why do I think McLean is going to score a winner for us today? :)

11 minutes ago, Back Post Misses said:

Having attended one of the two Patrons meetings there are parts of this post that are factually incorrect.

1. If the 800k is raised the MSG will only have 30% of the company provided they all transfer over and stick together.

2. The fans block will have 25% and the plan if the sealing is hit is to continue with subs to give extra working capital each season.

3. There will be a proper process for electing Board members from across the shareholding. This plan will include skill sets and time able to spend doing the job. Will it stop people want to get involved who are not up to it? Maybe not but safeguards will be in place.

4. The Stadium issue is very much being discussed to address the long term lack of income generation available for the club.

This plan is not perfect, it is work in progress but since the MSG have stated this is the route they want to go down and have already turned down two cash offers from separate groups for the club I struggle to see what options the fans have TBH if they want change. If in two years time we are still muddling away moaning about things on SM then we only have ourselves to blame.

Agree with BPM

The scheme is not perfect but addresses most of the issues.

Full marks to the MSG who are taking a major dilution in power and share value.

Cant see what’s ‘bonkers’ about it. 

Agree with BPM
The scheme is not perfect but addresses most of the issues.
Full marks to the MSG who are taking a major dilution in power and share value.
Cant see what’s ‘bonkers’ about it. 

I wouldn’t be giving the MSG any credit for this. They have run us into the ground. If anyone deserve credit it is ML and especially CC along with the consortium who opened up the door to serious discussion. Part of their plan was fan funding of some sort anyway.

17 minutes ago, Back Post Misses said:

I wouldn’t be giving the MSG any credit for this. They have run us into the ground. If anyone deserve credit it is ML and especially CC along with the consortium who opened up the door to serious discussion. Part of their plan was fan funding of some sort anyway.

I’ll take your word on that.

Youre more ‘in the know’ than I.

whatever, I think we’re on the right track.

9 hours ago, Bigbrbairn said:

Whilst capitalism exists so will racism. We will always blame “incomers” for our ills. To fight we need education and social equality. You can stand up and challenge verbal racism but education is needed to change a warped mindset

Superb post

4 minutes ago, Back Post Misses said:

Credit where it is due

Playing devils advocate here. One active January transfer window does not a summer make. Good the BODs have sanctioned mass signings in a bid to pick ourselves out the gutter. But longer term, they need to look at themselves and seriously think if they are the people to move FFC forward. If not, then releasing control of the Club to fresh ownership, such as a consortium of local businesses, would be a good way forward. Loads of signings will bring a feel good for now, but doesn’t cover up ever widening mistrust between the fans and the board.

5 minutes ago, Bairn Necessities said:

Can't believe there's fans that reckon this is it for the transfer dealings. Must be mental.

Still way more turnover needed to stay up even assuming all these players work out, which they won't.

We're still 4 or 5 bodies short.

Difficult to get them all in in a oner though. More in so far than i expected at this stage to be honest but just as well after last sat. Im sure there will be a few more over the next week or so.

59 minutes ago, Back Post Misses said:

Its going to take a lot more credit for them just  to break  even in the not making a total cant of it stakes.

Edited by Shodwall cat