The Falkirk FC Thread

Just now, wee_bairn said:

Although he’s a target; FH saying it’s not him signing today. 

Louis the king would be nice for league 1.

Has he played under Mckinnon?  I wondered if it might be the boy Connolly he had when he was at Raith.

23 minutes ago, Shodwall cat said:

I agree but I was just pointing out it isn't always a bad move going with the old pals act.  I suppose you've also got to say that Mckinnon was restricted by it being the january window and now we're in league one. Real litmus test will be if he gets us up and then who he signs.

We still have to remember that these Morton players albeit ended in a lofty position for Morton, were stinking the division out for the majority of it.

Rays big task now is finding that striker who will score for fun in this division, not necessarily do similar at championship level(plenty of them over the years) 20+ minimum goals, Rudden apart he has signed three strikers who failed to score

3 minutes ago, wee_bairn said:

Yep, they both played the same season under Ray. Billy King possibly as well. 

Of course so he did. Forgot about that. Both freed by Dunfermline funnily enough.

Edited by Shodwall cat

4 minutes ago, Shodwall cat said:

Has he played under Mckinnon?  I wondered if it might be the boy Connolly he had when he was at Raith.

Could be a decent shout actually, I'm in the middle of scrambling through released lists for this season to try and give me an idea. King and Connolly only two so far I can think of.

Just now, Chinatoon Bairn said:

Could be a decent shout actually, I'm in the middle of scrambling through released lists for this season to try and give me an idea. King and Connolly only two so far I can think of.

Think Neilson released a shed load of Dundee Utd players did he not ?

1 minute ago, Chinatoon Bairn said:

The good thing about being in league one is that even if you're no impressed by a signing you can still think hang on a minute  he'll probably do well at this level.  Its the only good thing unfortunately.

25 minutes ago, Dawson Park Boy said:

What about The Brexit Party?

There are plenty of us and we’re not afraid to shout it from the rooftops.

I left Scotland 30 odd years ago to live in England and then 10 years ago I moved to SE Asia. For the vast majority of my time living abroad, when people asked "where are you from?" I was quite happy to say "I'm from Britain, I'm British".  All my days I have been a Labour party supporter / voter / sometimes member.  Since the Brexit vote and result I have seen the light. When people now ask "where are you from?" I can't say "Scotland!" quick enough to differentiate myself from all the foreigner haters in Englandshire,  and if I was living back in Scotland I would now vote SNP. We're not Trumpists, xenophobes, racists, we're better than that, surely? Build bridges, not walls!

1 minute ago, Bairn in Exile said:

I left Scotland 30 odd years ago to live in England and then 10 years ago I moved to SE Asia. For the vast majority of my time living abroad, when people asked "where are you from?" I was quite happy to say "I'm from Britain, I'm British".  All my days I have been a Labour party supporter / voter / sometimes member.  Since the Brexit vote and result I have seen the light. When people now ask "where are you from?" I can't say "Scotland!" quick enough to differentiate myself from all the foreigner haters in Englandshire,  and if I was living back in Scotland I would now vote SNP. We're not Trumpists, xenophobes, racists, we're better than that, surely? Build bridges, not walls!

fucks this?

less politics more snooping to see who the new signing is san x

Just now, gav-ffc said:

When he finished 4th with Raith his main wide men were Connolly and Longridge cutting in and also switching wings.

Probably be Connolly but I wouldn’t be against King Louis coming back. 

both, IMO.

Last comment from me on politics as this is a football thread

[emoji122][emoji122][emoji122][emoji122][emoji122][emoji122][emoji106]

Would love to hear some rumours regarding strikers, lack of clear cut chances and Zak being the only goal threat cost us last season.

Hope McKinnon has some decent forwards lined up.

I suspect at least one of our forwards will be a loan signing so won't hear about them till nearer the end of the window