The Falkirk FC Thread

9 minutes ago, ANEWHOPE said:

I’m going to go along and after I ask him about signing players from the juniors, corners and who will be supplying the pies, I’m going to ask him about the monorail.

Can you ask him about the supply of empire biscuits as well thats just not a football thing, i mean who shouts at there pal "going to get us an empire biscuit "at half time or indeed at any time at the game

Can someone also make sure he bans people using players to take the crossbar challenge at half time, or if they do they lose half the money and give the other half to strathcarron.
Cheers.

Finally the important questions/issues

Anyone got any other important stuff needing asking?

1 minute ago, Bairnardo said:

I want to know what Mark Campbell thinks about the fact that I have identified his name rhymes with shamble. The plural of which, is SHAMBLES.

Are we expected to believe this is a coincidence?

It also rhymes with brambles so is it safe to assume all the surrounding area is going to be turned into bramble bushes and we are going to start selling falkirk branded jam in no way is this question or subject to be linked to the name hartley 

2 hours ago, AL-FFC said:

Think the Sunderland supporters were in the same frame of mind, its upto the SFA if he is fit and proper i dare say and if the money is right our MSG all we can do is be concerned on what the MO is we dont have any assets to strip so see what happens next and how he comes across at the Q and A tomorrow.

Hmmmmmm

As far as England are concerned, the fit and proper checks according to a couple of pundits aint really up to that much, you only have to look at some of the owners that have got passed for being fit and proper and wrecked clubs.

There obviously is cause for concern as  Campbell's words are very much like George Fulston's spouting we will do x y and z back in the day.

The grim part is we wont know what is in front of us till probably year(s) down the line

1 minute ago, MrDust said:

Hmmmmmm

As far as England are concerned, the fit and proper checks according to a couple of pundits aint really up to that much, you only have to look at some of the owners that have got passed for being fit and proper and wrecked clubs.

There obviously is cause for concern as  Campbell's words are very much like George Fulston's spouting we will do x y and z back in the day.

The grim part is we wont know what is in front of us till probably year(s) down the line

We got the same from Fulston as what he did at Accies did we not, pretty sure they got the promise of new stadium etc as well , tbh would be happy with a decent team on the park and academy back the rest is like asking a bairn what he wants for christmas course we want a 4th stand, course we want the academy back, better links with the community and to be back in the Premiership playing on a grass pitch with undersoil heating what Falkirk supporter doesnt want that the same time i also want my club to survive for the next hundred odd years and more.

Are there any tangible benefits of a 4th stand other than not having fans of fellow diddy teams taking the piss out of us for only having 3? Only against the OF could we even fill the existing 3 stands.

Renting space out. The seats are irrelevant

Exactly this.  Theres some right weirdos in our support who actually think this is some sort of con.  If he wants to try and profit from the surrounding land then he can do whatever the hell he wants with it as long he delivers a 4th stand, academy and onfield results. And if he was a conman then surely the current Sunderland owners would be stepping forward instead of letting MC claim that he has a good relationship with them?

I'm looking forward to the Q&A tomorrow and really hope they can get this deal over the line.

There are some weirdo’s in our support who are just happy to take the guy at face value.

He very well maybe the real deal and I won’t prejudge him but people asking simple questions about his background and motives is merely a concern for the long term stewardship of the club. Those who lived through Fulston will understand

Are there any tangible benefits of a 4th stand other than not having fans of fellow diddy teams taking the piss out of us for only having 3? Only against the OF could we even fill the existing 3 stands.

Even before he came along there had been chat along the lines of a small 2 sided spectator stand with changing facilities etc which would be for the main stadium & the new pitch.

If what is being said is true and comes to fruition then it maybe that this project is changed for something much bigger.

Hmmmmmm

I'm sure the checks were tightened after the whole whyte and green shenanigans at sevco

2 hours ago, Bainsfordbairn said:

I don't think the Q&A will tell you anything. 

It's easy to make promises. Any half-competent salesman could get you believing whatever he wants, particularly as you have no way of verifying his claims. If he say's he'll plough ten million into the club over the next five years how can you confirm that? 

The real test will presumably be the checks carried out by either the club or the SFA. Does anyone know how these work? 

The template of how such takeovers can be beneficial is to look what McCann did with Celtic. 1. Achievable business plan. 2. The financial clout to deliver. 3. Sound financial and managerial discipline to achieve the business plan objectives. 4. Upfront with the support what will be taken out the club once in profit.

It was a rare bit of good fortune that Celtic had a fan with the business head on him to deliver. Not popular at the time but boy - did he deliver.

So for Falkirk.

New 4th stand - hotel - leisure/spa  complex - Tourist hub could be they way they see the money coming in.

It has been proved that a winning Falkirk team will get the fans coming and as serial under achievers we still get attendances larger than some premier league teams.

So lets give the new owners the chance to prove themselves to the support, not only what they say but also what they do. Don't pre judge positive or negative.  That's fair surely !

1 hour ago, roman_bairn said:

As long as the costs of developing the surrounding area is not passed through the books of Falkirk FC leaving us in a debt ridden position and open to dissolution.....

That'll only work if a) we had a lot of spare cash sitting about, which I'm pretty sure we don't and b) we have an overdraft facility which we don't.

39 minutes ago, Back Post Misses said:

There are some weirdo’s in our support who are just happy to take the guy at face value.

He very well maybe the real deal and I won’t prejudge him but people asking simple questions about his background and motives is merely a concern for the long term stewardship of the club. Those who lived through Fulston will understand

I lived through Fulston and the Dean's. Whose to say someone from the BtB bid wouldn't start syphoning money away?  Theres risks with every new owner.  

Our cash reserves are depleted, we have few assets and no overdraft facility.  I find it hard to buy into the notion that some evil genius has earmarked Falkirk, of Scottish league 1 ,for some money making scam.

I lived through Fulston and the Dean's. Whose to say someone from the BtB bid wouldn't start syphoning money away?  Theres risks with every new owner.  
Our cash reserves are depleted, we have few assets and no overdraft facility.  I find it hard to buy into the notion that some evil genius has earmarked Falkirk, of Scottish league 1 ,for some money making scam.

Let’s just take him at face value. Agreed.

The template of how such takeovers can be beneficial is to look what McCann did with Celtic. 1. Achievable business plan. 2. The financial clout to deliver. 3. Sound financial and managerial discipline to achieve the business plan objectives. 4. Upfront with the support what will be taken out the club once in profit.
It was a rare bit of good fortune that Celtic had a fan with the business head on him to deliver. Not popular at the time but boy - did he deliver.
So for Falkirk.
New 4th stand - hotel - leisure/spa  complex - Tourist hub could be they way they see the money coming in.
 It has been proved that a winning Falkirk team will get the fans coming and as serial under achievers we still get attendances larger than some premier league teams.
So lets give the new owners the chance to prove themselves to the support, not only what they say but also what they do. Don't pre judge positive or negative.  That's fair surely !

Of course hotels have been such a money spinner for Scottish clubs... I think Killie are the only club who have made a success of it? Part of our troubles came from our owner being involved in financing hotels at the likes of Livingston and East End that never materialised. And while the Kelpies does draw a bizarrely high number of visitors considering there isn't that much there for tourists, I can't see a hotel with spa/leisure facilities (which are expensive to build and maintain - there is a reason it's only usually big chain brands which can charge large amounts per room have them) being a goer at the Stadium site.