The Falkirk FC Thread

Guest Back Post Misses

That doesn't sound right.

I'm pretty sure we keep 50 % of gate receipts after expenses. The rest going into the pot.

You maybe right but I am sure that is what I read somewhere. I will see if I can get it confirmed somewhere.

Guest Back Post Misses

If Loy goes it'd be Morgan up front with Baird. Morgan has looked horrendous so far, hopefully he just needs time but I'm not hopeful.

Horrendous? More that A touch harsh that.

He looked excellent at Easter Road.

Last weekend he hardly got a pass.

Guest Back Post Misses

What a fantastic idea it would be to let our top goalscorer leave for buttons and rely on an unknown, a youngster and an average striker in John Baird for a playoff push. Even for some peoples standards, that notion is pretty poor

I don't get this salivating over play offs to be honest, certainly not this season anyway

Edited by Back Post Misses

I was almost right. It's 50% before expenses.

"A levy of 50% of the monies (gross excluding VAT) received or receivable by the Home Club for all Play-Off Matches played in the Premiership/Championship Play-Off Competition from all admission charges paid and payable to and for the relevant Play-Off Match shall be paid by the Home Club to the Company within seven days of the date on which each Play-Off Match is played."

Rule C26, http://spfl.co.uk/docs/067_324__therulesofthescottishprofessionalfootballleagueasat1january2015_1420461886.pdf

Guest Back Post Misses

"A levy of 50% of the monies (gross excluding VAT) received or receivable by the Home Club for all Play-Off Matches played in the Premiership/Championship Play-Off Competition from all admission charges paid and payable to and for the relevant Play-Off Match shall be paid by the Home Club to the Company within seven days of the date on which each Play-Off Match is played."

Rule C26, http://spfl.co.uk/docs/067_324__therulesofthescottishprofessionalfootballleagueasat1january2015_1420461886.pdf

So if I read that right we would get 50% of the gate and have to pay the cost associated with the game?

What a fantastic idea it would be to let our top goalscorer leave for buttons and rely on an unknown, a youngster and an average striker in John Baird for a playoff push. Even for some peoples standards, that notion is pretty poor

Cash is king these days. Your idea of buttons will vary quite a lot from the boards I think.

So if the match is against the blue bigots and we have exceptional police costs, we could actually make a loss from the game?

"excellent" :lol: :lol:

Much closer to excellent than horrendous imo.

I thought he put himself about well at ER and didn't receive the ball much last week. He looks strong and pacey although we've not really seen him on the ball yet so, for me, the jury's still out.

How many minutes has Morgan actually had a Falkirk top on?

I watched Stokes' 1st 4 games for us and he looked average at best.

At least wait until Morgan has amassed 90mins before you rip him to shreds eh.

Morgan can only have had around 25 mins....10mins v Hibs where he showed some turn of pace for his size, but never really did nothing that I will talk about at the end of the season, last week it was a game where his pace wouldnt have been visible with a team sitting back being down to 10 men.

All too early to make any judgement, as far as I am aware he has had a bad injury and is just looking to get some game time and who knows how it will turn out, no one does after 25 mins....

I personally think he will have to wait a while for serious game time, it all looks fairly settled with Baird and Loy but Im happy that he is a different prospect than hoping Shepherd will do something in the 10-20mins as its not quite worked out so far Shepherd this season and hopefully his loan will rekindle some of the form he showed in the previous season.

I recall the Stokes first game at Ibrox, I had never came to any opinion of him in that game, other than he was quite small......