The Falkirk FC Thread

20 minutes ago, Ecosse83 said:

Doesn’t excuse how shite we were today and the abject tactics on display! 

I have said we were poor for most of the game in a previous post 

26 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

Rennies tactics are utterly clueless. Dixon back great news only to find he's shunted out to lwb and Brad mackays still getting a fecking game . Ludicrous stuff. Even a 6 month deal is starting to look too long.

Not taken you long 

22 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:
25 minutes ago, PedroMoutinho said:
Yep the substitutions were baffling. We’re playing ok on with a chance of getting a second goal so let’s take off our main creative outlet and put on 3 jobbers.
Telfer showed his quality again today- he’ll be in the championship at least next season Imo. And to think some fans were wanting him punted last week emoji23.png

Well aye..... But all anyone ever complains about re Telfer is his wild inconsistency. No one ever says hes not capable of a game like that

Watch what you wish for. We’d struggle to replace him with anyone near his level whilst stuck in this league.

31 minutes ago, PedroMoutinho said:

Yep the substitutions were baffling. We’re playing ok on with a chance of getting a second goal so let’s take off our main creative outlet and put on 3 jobbers.

Telfer showed his quality again today- he’ll be in the championship at least next season Imo. And to think some fans were wanting him punted last week 😂

Telfer took quite a bad knock. Did you miss Dowds rolling about in their penalty area after taking a sore one?

Guest TedCrilly
11 minutes ago, Back Post Misses said:

Not taken you long 

Did you agree with the starting 11 and subs? Obviously the subs could have been due to knocks but both Telfer and Dowds were our strongest players today.

9 hours ago, Back Post Misses said:

Fyvie, Megginson, Logan and Vigors

We should take a look at Chris Hamilton who is on loan from Hearts and I guess won’t get a contract there. Proper attitude and quality defender. 

No chance Vigurs or Fyvie. Logan is a good RB but not sure if an improvement on Thomson. Megginson over Wighton or Jack Hamilton? Not for me. Megginsons numbers are great but all at a lower level and Jack Hamilton has 13 goals in 20 games for us 

But yeah I don’t think the simple thing is patronising at all. It’s so true and it’s great. 4-4-2 play percentages work hard and have some quality. Love how old school it is, might not be enjoyable for fans of other teams to watch at times but it’s everything I want to see my team doing. I would absolutely hate to see us splitting our centre halves n passing short every time etc etc

Time is not on Rennie’s side. If the only aim is to finish 6th 7th or 8th then fine, but I think we can all see 4th looking less and less likely with each passing week.

P6 W2 D1 L3 P7 is a mile off.

Like the last three or four years, we are left with “maybe next week, it will get better”. It just doesn’t feel like a team about to come good. Jacobs had a mare in the first half, ATS and Dixon gave away another comedy goal. 
Salt in the wound had to be McGuffie’s performance. I don’t really get bringing in a player totally ineffective as a wing back, and watching him be just as ineffective in a midfield role. Baffling.

Time for Rennie to take stock, and re-assess. I honestly do not think he knows what his best XI actually is……I am not sure anyone does any more.

Watch what you wish for. We’d struggle to replace him with anyone near his level whilst stuck in this league.
Its not about wishing. Im just saying, no one has ever said the boy lacks talent so theres no "told ye so" when he turns in a performance like that.

16 minutes ago, Captain Saintsible said:

Loving seeing you guys continue to struggle in League One.

You lot are struggling to draw at home at Quuens Park while we beat Hibs at Easter Road

What a gulf 

Falkirk are a diddy club, always have been and always will be

pointing and laughing at you 😂

the complete knick that after a great win for your team, your thoughts are on the bairns. How can you let a league 1 team live in your head? 

Edited by GeordieBairn

12 minutes ago, Duncan Freemason said:

Time is not on Rennie’s side. If the only aim is to finish 6th 7th or 8th then fine, but I think we can all see 4th looking less and less likely with each passing week.

P6 W2 D1 L3 P7 is a mile off.

Like the last three or four years, we are left with “maybe next week, it will get better”. It just doesn’t feel like a team about to come good. Jacobs had a mare in the first half, ATS and Dixon gave away another comedy goal. 
Salt in the wound had to be McGuffie’s performance. I don’t really get bringing in a player totally ineffective as a wing back, and watching him be just as ineffective in a midfield role. Baffling.

Time for Rennie to take stock, and re-assess. I honestly do not think he knows what his best XI actually is……I am not sure anyone does any more.

Having only watched you twice this year, i agree with most of the posters, unless you sort midfield, ie bring is a hard tackling and ball winning player to supplement the likes of Telfer, you wont beat the top half. Rennie comes across as a smart guy. It seems like he has sorted the front line and the defence , he must know the midfield in not working and therefore it affects the defence and the creativity for your forwards. Thought you were signing Liam Craig, who would fit that bill perfectly?

17 minutes ago, Captain Saintsible said:

Loving seeing you guys continue to struggle in League One.

You lot are struggling to draw at home at Quuens Park while we beat Hibs at Easter Road

What a gulf 

Falkirk are a diddy club, always have been and always will be

pointing and laughing at you 😂

Hey Captain Sensible, ya fucking walloper. We only want Happy Talk on here.

1 hour ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

He should be playing like that every week though and not one game in 10 to 15. Guys flung away really good career by simply not being arsed half the time.

1 hour ago, TedCrilly said:

Did you agree with the starting 11 and subs? Obviously the subs could have been due to knocks but both Telfer and Dowds were our strongest players today.

I wouldn’t play McGuffie or Dixon at LWB and was surprised MCKay played although he did ok today, so no. McCann did well when he came on and Nesbitt was better than McGuffie. 

Telfer showed his quality again today- he’ll be in the championship at least next season Imo. And to think some fans were wanting him punted last week [emoji23]
Perhaps his race was run and he was subbed. He did put in a hard shift

20 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

It's basic stuff though. He seems to start with the wrong tactics most weeks.

Down to players IMO. Still short in Midfield and needs another striker. His selection did surprise me today but he is watching them train everyday. We are better than we were but still not good enough to be confident we will win every week. 

28 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

He should be playing like that every week though and not one game in 10 to 15. Guys flung away really good career by simply not being arsed half the time.

Utter nonsense.

Telfer is forced to carry the midfield week after week. He wasn't really all that much better today than he normally is and, whilst I acknowledge that his form has dipped a bit, to say that he plays as well as he did today only every 10-15 games is just daft.