The Falkirk FC Thread

Can't blame the manager for last night. Once again it showed how inadequate our goalkeeper is. From the first minute, it was evident that our full backs couldn't deal with crosses into the box

Once again I say, Rogers and Watson must be replaced

The manager signed both players so the blame lies squarely on his shoulders.

It's disgraceful that we don't have our own GK and were relying on an on loan goalie between the sticks

The manager signed both players so the blame lies squarely on his shoulders.

It's disgraceful that we don't have our own GK and were relying on an on loan goalie between the sticks

I don't think it's disgraceful at all if the goalkeeper is *good. We have had decent loan keepers in the past and teams above us with bigger budgets do it as well. A certain team that succumbed to their first match without a win last night are relying on loan players all over the pitch

*Good being the key word here and I can't say Rogers is falling under that category

Falkirk fans have this ridiculous notion that all players in the team must be 'ours'

Even though some of our best players in the last 10 years have been on loan.

Bizarre.

I don't think it's disgraceful at all if the goalkeeper is *good. We have had decent loan keepers in the past and teams above us with bigger budgets do it as well. A certain team that succumbed to their first match without a win last night are relying on loan players all over the pitch

*Good being the key word here and I can't say Rogers is falling under that category

Looks to me like Rogers relies heavily on confidence. Last year with us, he got off to a good start in the first couple of games and settled a long standing goalkeeper problem that we had, he won some MOTM awards and he was relatively solid, barring one or two mishaps, for the rest of the season. Looks like he's made a couple of mistakes at the start of this season and his confidence is shot to pieces. Hopefully he can turn it round.

Looks to me like Rogers relies heavily on confidence. Last year with us, he got off to a good start in the first couple of games and settled a long standing goalkeeper problem that we had, he won some MOTM awards and he was relatively solid, barring one or two mishaps, for the rest of the season. Looks like he's made a couple of mistakes at the start of this season and his confidence is shot to pieces. Hopefully he can turn it round.

No offence, but the expectations at Dumbarton are probably 8th or above whereas ours will be 4th or above and with that comes pressure and so far it's looking like he can't handle that.

There is a keeper in there, but like him, so many have also failed due to that they can't handle the pressure and mentality that u need to back up ur ability.

I'm concerned if Rogers can't turn this around, because Bowman probably suffers the same plight and we can't keep on scoring one more than the opposition to fix his mistakes

No offence, but the expectations at Dumbarton are probably 8th or above whereas ours will be 4th or above and with that comes pressure and so far it's looking like he can't handle that.

There is a keeper in there, but like him, so many have also failed due to that they can't handle the pressure and mentality that u need to back up ur ability.

I'm concerned if Rogers can't turn this around, because Bowman probably suffers the same plight and we can't keep on scoring one more than the opposition to fix his mistakes

Agreed that our expectations are lower and no offence taken but I'd think he was a far busier keeper playing for us last year than he will be playing for you guys this year and I'd have thought that would take some pressure off him. He was bombarded last year in our goals and did make a few errors but was largely good, I don't think he's turned into a bad keeper over the summer. It may be that the pressure is too much for him but I think confidence is a bigger issue.

Agreed that our expectations are lower and no offence taken but I'd think he was a far busier keeper playing for us last year than he will be playing for you guys this year and I'd have thought that would take some pressure off him. He was bombarded last year in our goals and did make a few errors but was largely good, I don't think he's turned into a bad keeper over the summer. It may be that the pressure is too much for him but I think confidence is a bigger issue.

Agree with that, maybe it's cos he spends large amounts of the game not really doing anything (last night aside) maybe loses a bit of concentration due to this.

Ok, maybe disgraceful was the wrong word and you are correct regarding previous loan goalies.. But in order the create stability and a good understanding between the GK and defenders and building that experience of playing and winning together, that mentality of bonding with each other.

Rogers is gaining experience but at our cost. Some of the goals we have lost this year have been ridiculous. I'm sure had Houston smartened up his act we could have found a decent keeper, most other clubs manage it, why can't we?

Edited by bejazz1

Agree with that, maybe it's cos he spends large amounts of the game not really doing anything (last night aside) maybe loses a bit of concentration due to this.

Has he spent large periods of games not doing anything ? Saturday's 2nd half apart, the answer would be no