The Falkirk FC Thread

Jeez.

I was told by MT that they're to be admired for being well run.

Nearly pissed myself at what he calls well run.

As for the Highland academy.

Can someone remind us all of the score 2 weeks ago when we played Ross Countys kids?

Also I see Yogi in the paper today doing what he did at Falkirk.

Give me more money to buy better players or I'm away.

How on earth he plans to improve on last season god only knows

Sadly, can't see that happening mate. As usual and as has been the case, the board will simply enforce the NDAs so nothing of note will be shared with the wider fan base.

The key decisions and information will be kept in the wooden room.

Sent from my iPhone using Pie & Bovril

As far as I know there are no NDA's in place so what is said can be shared. What detail the Board share - lets wait and see.

Edited by Back Post Misses

So long as they don't decide they speak for the masses, get their crayons out and write a poorly contructed letter demanding the removal of the manager immediately before an important match I couldn't give a toss.

I assume they'll be wined and dined at every match without ever putting a hand in their pocket?

That is what is wrong with people like you.

Not interested? - don't bring the guys down then. Disgraceful comment

Sarah Scott and Michael White have a track record for assisting the club over a number of years.

Kenny Jamieson served on the management committee.

Brian Guthrie is Brian Guthrie but back in 2010 when the club were desperate for cash he pushed the share offer to the extent that we raised over 300k. (not all his doing but he worked very hard on it)

There is no Boardroom invites merely four people who will meet with the Board every three months to try and ensure fans views are heard and try to hold the Board to account for their actions.

I assume if we get into trouble again you will be at the start of the queue blaming the fans group as usual.

Give the guys a break FFS.

Seems like a few folk who have a track record of delivering real benefit to the club - not bad!

Whether it delivers anything meaningful will depend entirely on the mechanics. Personally hopeful that it will work, fan engagement was previously at its highest when Kenny, Brian, Sarah and Michael were involved to some extent - see no reason why it can't get back to that.

I dont think it is the role of this group to add value to the club.

IMO the are nothing more than the fans policemen and a body to ensure feedback on club direction.

There is also a structure in place now where if there is a problem at the club then fans at least have something in place that can be a focal point.

Woah, steady Gaz, unless you're at the wind-up this is out of line! The last 2 Scottish Cup winners are "non events" ? (Something we've failed at 3 times in 18 years, of course). You're the one that should have a riddy...

Well run, successful and upwardly-mobile clubs such as them should be (randomly) replaced by such tax-dodging cheats as Govan & Fife? Success on the park (and at the bank) should in your view be supplanted by crowd-w**k?

By that thinking, is it also "about time" Bournmouth and Norwich were replaced in the Premiership by ...say... Leeds and Wolves? Bizzare, and embarrassing.

And ironic. I assume you were front & centre complaining when we were denied promotion due to the state of Brockville. If I remember correctly, our mantra back then was - "its what the team does on the park that should count"...

I really hope you were fishing with this.

Ross County are just supported by a very rich man. Does that make them well run? He got fed up before and they dropped a league, got involved again and who will ever forget the comment to Falkirk the year they won the league. for every 50k you spend we will spend 200k. Highland billy big baws.

Gaz is not just looking a fanbase. What he is saying with our resource we should be performing better. The Board of the club are ultimately to blame for that.

Ross County are just supported by a very rich man. Does that make them well run? He got fed up before and they dropped a league, got involved again and who will ever forget the comment to Falkirk the year they won the league. for every 50k you spend we will spend 200k. Highland billy big baws.

Gaz is not just looking a fanbase. What he is saying with our resource we should be performing better. The Board of the club are ultimately to blame for that.

It's only a matter of time before clubs like RC and ICT go bang.

Look at the crowd last week for the QF league cup tie, big highland derby? Surely yer having a laugh! I think there were more empty blue seats than fans...

Edited by bejazz1

Alright, I'll accept that 'well run' wasn't the best phrase to place alongside Ross County and I'll retract it.

My essential point remains though. By all means, bemoan where Falkirk currently sit. As a club, they're smaller than the country's biggest half dozen or so, but bigger than the next bracket which is occupied by the likes of us and Raith.

As such, they're below that 'natural' station right now. Saying so is however very different from pointing to more successful clubs like Hamilton and suggesting that it's simply wrong and bad for the game that they're doing well. It's not.

It was much much worse when bigger clubs like Dunfermline and Rangers occupied lofty positions than it is now where they're publicly paying for their behaviour.

You guys are at your worst when you allow an OF style sense of entitlement to emerge. It's unbecoming and it's to the credit of some Falkirk fans on here, that they resist it.

Edited by Monkey Tennis

Alright, I'll accept that 'well run' wasn't the best phrase to place alongside Ross County and I'll retract it.

My essential point remains though. By all means, bemoan where Falkirk currently sit. As a club, they're smaller than the country's biggest half dozen or so, but bigger than the next bracket which is occupied by the likes of us and Raith.

As such, they're below that 'natural' station right now. Saying so is however very different from pointing to more successful clubs like Hamilton and suggesting that it's simply wrong and bad for the game that they're doing well. It's not.

It was much much worse when bigger clubs like Dunfermline and Rangers occupied lofty positions than it is now where they're publicly paying for their behaviour.

You guys are at your worst when you allow an OF style sense of entitlement to emerge. It's unbecoming and it's to the credit of some Falkirk fans on here, that they resist it.

Not like me to stick up for the fifers but you're delusional if you think you're in the same bracket as Raith.

Can't speak for other Falkirk fans but I don't have a sense of entitlement.

I just feel sad when I look at they 4 playing Premiership football in their terrible stadiums (St Johnstone exempt) in front of junior like crowds and know they're kicking our arse in finances.

It's not like I will feel better once we are finally back up there.

I actually feel sorry for the guys putting up the cash who know they clubs are as big as they'll get crowd wise.

Must be a kick to the baws.

I don't particularly feel happy with what Rangers nd Dunfermline did but at least they both suffered for it.

Hearts didn't.

Their punishment seemed to be to have a belter of a season after 9 years of having a laugh wi their accounts.

Top flight footy and major cup in the last twenty odd years.

Does that sound like QOTS? I think not.

Way to go with defeating yourself Rab.

If you measure size by success on the field, then clearly Hamilton are bigger than Falkirk.

Clearly though, they're not, so please go away and allow those capable of discussion, to participate.

Way to go with defeating yourself Rab.If you measure size by success on the field, then clearly Hamilton are bigger than Falkirk.Clearly though, they're not, so please go away and allow those capable of discussion, to participate.

A QOTS fan telling a Falkirk fan to go away on the Falkirk thread.....Interesting.

All down to the realisation that they support a proper Diddy team.

A QOTS fan telling a Falkirk fan to go away on the Falkirk thread.....Interesting.

All down to the realisation that they support a proper Diddy team.

Yes, I support an absolute diddy team and it troubles me not a bit.

You however son, are coming across as a bit of a daftie.

I think it's best you're told.

No one has pointed out the cost for clubs in the Premiership travelling to Inverness/Dingwall each season at least three times and the lack of return in terms of away support.

Financially it must be better not to have these draining finance. Aberdeen is a fair way to travel but at least you know when they visit your place you will get 1,500 or so there.

No one has pointed out the cost for clubs in the Premiership travelling to Inverness/Dingwall each season at least three times and the lack of return in terms of away support.

Financially it must be better not to have these draining finance. Aberdeen is a fair way to travel but at least you know when they visit your place you will get 1,500 or so there.

Yes, every club should definitely come from the central belt.

Some of you guys are laughable.

If we had a Roy McGregor type financially backing us we would be qualifying for Europe year in year out

Yer obviously having a laugh here, we still wouldn't spend money on the park, everything else but NOT on the park! Edited by bejazz1