The Falkirk FC Thread

Has there ever been a terracing proposed for the unfinished side?

That would be a great idea nowadays.

It wouldn't need to be massive and it wouldn't even need a roof. Stick in a hospitality suite and you've got a football ground. I like what Ayr United have down one side. Their main stand is however a dump. Falkirk's certainly isn't.

I'm old school - I like a ground to have four sides and I'd like us to open Terregles Street all the time. With a bit of vision, Falkirk could complete a tidy ground that they could afford.

Segregate it with a fenced off area and you'd have a ground most would envy.

Well done to the club for announcing the fantastic profits made last season. I appreciate that transfer fees, cup run etc. is a large portion of that but the point is the club is running extremely well just now.

That may make some people sad I know and some who will still criticise but this is good news for the club moving forward

Why would anyone be pissed off that the club is in good financial health?

I like to think that pressure from the fanbase has sharpened up their act, improved relationships with supporters and given the club a much better focus. Without those contributory factors that I don't believe we would be in nearly as good a condition.

Now is the time for supporters to continue to ensure the custodians keep their act sharp and listen. Complacency from either side would give away this excellent position.

Well done to all the Board.........for now. Remember you are only as good as your last game!

I'm to tired to give this serious thought at the moment and I don't really have enough info on what's being proposed. I'd like to see the stadium 'finished' but I'd also like to see us stay solvent - I also acknowledge that the stadium is already to big.

Just think if they ran an exact copy of the Brockville enclosure down that side of the pitch though - complete with the gable end of a house :P - I guess even the away fans would like that!? We could move Falkirk telly into the middle of it and get Jock Brown to open it by means of a 'Falkirk on the rampage' style commentary.

Is the old enclosure roof still at Ochilview?

Building a 4th stand done as I believe they are planning will add to the solvency of the club IMO, bringing in additional revenue and reducing some of the overhead they fork out to the parasitical stadium company.

This is pretty much my view on it. We do need that area filled in, but we don't actually need more seats. I've always thought something similar to the 'small' stand at EEP (with some terracing) would be perfect. Albeit, with a smaller capacity. Closes the ground off somewhat, but doesn't take us too far beyond what we are at now. Again though, we don't really need it.

EEP1.JPG

Said this before too. Genuinely wouldn't mind an East Stand similar to Motherwell (minus the pillars). Or St Mirrens West stand.

post-45530-14480454152585_thumb.jpgpost-45530-14480454260643_thumb.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Pie & Bovril

Surely, there's now no need for any terracing to be of particularly sophisticated 'safe standing' style.

We could now get into the top flight if we had a decent team, with two old fashioned terraces that have had the occasional yellow stripe painted on.

Another stand would be in danger of giving you a Rugby Park. Let fans of both sides stand if they fancy it. That way no roof would be necessary and you'd have four sides, allowing for a cracking atmosphere when good times return.

It would turn Falkirk from one of the worst new grounds into one of the best at a stroke.

Edited by Monkey Tennis

The only good thing about a potential 4th stand is that if we had a capacity of say 11,000 then we would have the case to become more of a fixture in the Scotland U-21s circuit plus things like challenge cup finals

If we had grass perhaps.....

I can only hope and guess the 4th stand will be more commercial based than thousands of seats based with hopefully plans to have a section of it available if we have teams who bring about 50 fans to open easily other than open up the whole of the north stand.

The location is prime now with the Helix on the doorstep, tho the Helix like the football is seasonal, tho the Helix peak I imagine will be the summer months.

Hotel, brewster type pub is surely more profitable around the Falkirk stadium area than the beancross area, we await and see whats in the pipeline.....will at least stop the concerts....!!

4th stand is a must ASAP IMO (as long as it's viable for all parties)

Safe standing terrace would be my personal preference, I'd get a season ticket for it in a second.

The thought of watching the players run out of TFS tunnel directly in front of me is rather exciting...... Only witnessed it once against Antwerp.

COYB

4th stand is a must ASAP IMO (as long as it's viable for all parties)

Safe standing terrace would be my personal preference, I'd get a season ticket for it in a second.

The thought of watching the players run out of TFS tunnel directly in front of me is rather exciting...... Only witnessed it once against Antwerp.

COYB

Used to love that at Brockville, first fans to see the team come out.

Remember when I first started going in the 80s I'd watch the choir from about 2.55pm waiting to see the hands go above the fans heads to clap the team out. Few years later that was me and my mates as teenagers.

Used to love that at Brockville, first fans to see the team come out.

Remember when I first started going in the 80s I'd watch the choir from about 2.55pm waiting to see the hands go above the fans heads to clap the team out. Few years later that was me and my mates as teenagers.

The graduation to the choir was a magical time in every young Bairns life.

I wouldn't point blank refuse the idea of a 4th stand but it has to be sensibly done (grants/community schemes would considerable lower the costs). Don't really know too much about the board or Doug Henderson, but the chairman doesn't seem like the type to cripple the club.

If it was me in charge I'd use the money to improve the training facilities at the stadium, which could incorporate a small stand. How much of the land do the club own to the east of the stadium?

I started off in the wing stand with my dad.

Then moved to Cooperage Lane terrace, Hope St terrace and then finally the choir from about 94 until the old lady departed in 2003.

That said, I did get a ST with my dad in the centre stand for the last season for sentimental reasons. Watched all bar 2 games in the centre stand that year, Hearts in the cup (4-0) and the last game v ICT back in the choir.

I wouldn't point blank refuse the idea of a 4th stand but it has to be sensibly done (grants/community schemes would considerable lower the costs). Don't really know too much about the board or Doug Henderson, but the chairman doesn't seem like the type to cripple the club.

If it was me in charge I'd use the money to improve the training facilities at the stadium, which could incorporate a small stand. How much of the land do the club own to the east of the stadium?

I believe the clubs land "line" is from the North stand car park as if it were running up to the car park behind the South stand.

I started off in the wing stand with my dad.

Then moved to Cooperage Lane terrace, Hope St terrace and then finally the choir from about 94 until the old lady departed in 2003.

That said, I did get a ST with my dad in the centre stand for the last season for sentimental reasons. Watched all bar 2 games in the centre stand that year, Hearts in the cup (4-0) and the last game v ICT back in the choir.

What was that last game like?

I know Brockville had cost the club getting to the level it wanted, but it must still have been pretty heart breaking, was it not?

What was that last game like? I know Brockville had cost the club getting to the level it wanted, but it must still have been pretty heart breaking, was it not?

It was indeed thoroughly heartbreaking. Moving to a new stadium is like supporting a new club in some ways.

I wanted to be the last fan to leave the ground after the ICT game. I ended up 3rd last with the stewards chasing us around the terracing trying to evict us! :lol::(

What was that last game like?I know Brockville had cost the club getting to the level it wanted, but it must still have been pretty heart breaking, was it not?

Horrible and emotional.

Had a wee tear in the eye in all honesty. Still hate going along that way to Morrison's to be honest.

It was indeed thoroughly heartbreaking. Moving to a new stadium is like supporting a new club in some ways.

I wanted to be the last fan to leave the ground after the ICT game. I ended up 3rd last with the stewards chasing us around the terracing trying to evict us! :lol::(

I suppose there must have been a consensus about a move being necessary, but still.

You lost a charcterful town centre ground, noted for its atmosphere and replaced it with its opposite.

Palmerston is a long way from being perfect, but leaving it would really, genuinely upset me.

The last game and the whole last season was something else.

We had talked about a new ground for 15 years and it was finally happening.

Brockville was great for your big game atmosphere, but it was keeping us down.

In 1 way it was good to know we were moving on.

In other way you knew you'd miss the place.

What a season to bow out too