The Falkirk FC Thread

Yep it is but he is under 24 so a development fee will be required, that's if Aberdeen want to keep him and offer him contract on same or more wage as previously

All ifs and buts, but the player may have bigger fish to fry with a club willing to pay whatever fee required as I doubt we would, twas just my thinking that Aberdeen could be easy to deal with and add another player or loan and cash for one of our players come summer, long way off for that tho.

The ball is in Rogers court to some extent, tho recent phone prank with the club gave us a real indication to where we are in terms of wages that we will pay around 5-£600 for certain players, just as many of us thought already.

with the apparent interest from English Championship clubs in Rogers I think his sights are set a lot higher than us. I would be very surprised if he was here next season.

with the apparent interest from English Championship clubs in Rogers I think his sights are set a lot higher than us. I would be very surprised if he was here next season.

It's like reading about Michael McGovern all over.

If an English championship club wanted Danny as no2 or 3 even, would he run down the road?

It's like reading about Michael McGovern all over.

If an English championship club wanted Danny as no2 or 3 even, would he run down the road?

He's at an interesting stage of his career.

If you look at Jack Butland as a positive example, he was Birminghams Number 1 before moving to Stoke as apprentice to Begovic and moved up when Begovic moved on.

A negative example would be most other keepers going down the same route, If he got the chance to be Aberdeens first choice keeper then that'd be the ideal for him i imagine. First team football at a higher level, if he impresses there then he might be able to go down south as first choice.

That said, I'd like him to sign for us.

Games against Hibs (Away) and the Rangers (home) moved to the Friday night for TV.

I can't tell whether I like the Friday night games or not, I'm fairly certain our have been awful so far which doesn't help!

I like Friday night games but the Rangers one is shite, I can't make it...

As for Rogers, who knows how much of the paper talk is true 're English clubs interest, all of this came after the Rangers game, in fact he only became decent after that game in many people's eyes.

Personally, I felt he was decent from day one but had a lot to learn, still has. I wouldn't be totally gutted if he turned us down for next season if the chance arose. One thing is, that he has progressed as the season has went on and seems to be on the same page of the defenders now.

We just need to score them at the other end now

Surely more clubs have to start looking at artificial turf. Watching a bit of aberdeen v celtic tonight and it looks like its getting played on a ploughed field. Embarrassing to see our top two sides playing on a pitch that reminds me of the ones you used to see fa cup ties getting played on on motd during the 70s.

Edited by Shadwell Dog

Surely more clubs have to start looking at artificial turf. Watching a bit of aberdeen v celtic tonight and it looks like its getting played on a ploughed field. Embarrassing to see our top two sides playing on a pitch that reminds me of the ones you used to see fa cup ties getting played on on motd during the 70s.

Weren't you one of the people dismissing the artificial surface in the first place?

Me no. The artificial surface we have is excellent. Not a great fan of some of the older ones but the latest are great.

To be fair on our Board they have got the best artificial surface available at the time.

I am far from from convinced the "latest" ones are any good. Hamilton's and QOS's have a history of issues and apparently Kilmarnock's is rubbish (I have heard their maintenance of theirs is poor).

The whole make up of ours is different to the three mentioned. Unfortunately they get a bad name because of the poor standards of others.

To be fair on our Board they have got the best artificial surface available at the time.

I am far from from convinced the "latest" ones are any good. Hamilton's and QOS's have a history of issues and apparently Kilmarnock's is rubbish (I have heard their maintenance of theirs is poor).

The whole make up of ours is different to the three mentioned. Unfortunately they get a bad name because of the poor standards of others.

Kilmarnock's surface is different than the rest due to it being a multi sport pitch. It has an extra layer under it and it's grass fibres are longer so it can get used for rugby.

Kilmarnock's surface is different than the rest due to it being a multi sport pitch. It has an extra layer under it and it's grass fibres are longer so it can get used for rugby.

Strange to hear its longer as having been on ours I thot ours was very long. I wouldve said it at the time on here, I wasnt convinced about ours having attended the launch for fans to grace the pitch and have a try, I then went up the following night and seen a game on it and I was happy with how it played.

We got lucky tho as I'm sure QOS used same company we used but a different surface and had teething problems the first season that many refused to acknowledge, It plays a hell of a lot better now tho. I do fear in some ways that when we replace the surface we may find ourselves in a similar position but it is 5-7+ yrs away and hopefully things will have moved on where the dodgy ones will have been ruled out.

Its a no brainer for clubs in Scotland to have a surface like ours and QOS for all year round with our weather and its catching with a lot of clubs in Europe with similar or worse weather conditions

Strange to hear its longer as having been on ours I thot ours was very long. I wouldve said it at the time on here, I wasnt convinced about ours having attended the launch for fans to grace the pitch and have a try, I then went up the following night and seen a game on it and I was happy with how it played.

We got lucky tho as I'm sure QOS used same company we used but a different surface and had teething problems the first season that many refused to acknowledge, It plays a hell of a lot better now tho. I do fear in some ways that when we replace the surface we may find ourselves in a similar position but it is 5-7+ yrs away and hopefully things will have moved on where the dodgy ones will have been ruled out.

Its a no brainer for clubs in Scotland to have a surface like ours and QOS for all year round with our weather and its catching with a lot of clubs in Europe with similar or worse weather conditions

Our pitch was completely relaid with a new surface after the first season.

There are no issues with it at all.

I thought the same of the Hampden pitch on Sunday. Our national stadium and the home of the SFA yet the pitch seemed bare in places and cut up like the local park.

True.Nobody could know more.

Followed the Roy Walker code of practice.....say what you see

The queens pitch plays a Hell of lot better now after repair, tho still feel the bounce isn't as natural as ours, still one of the better ones tho

Surprised you have the time to pop in here with you're strange obsession with Rangers