The Falkirk FC Thread

As my mate was involved at Falkirk when the surfaces went in I was given an insight into the difference in the two surfaces and the one at Hamilton. We chose one that has been used in Holland which has fibres which are finer and the technology means that they do not flatten as easily. QOS's is better now but the initial surface poorly installed and had issues with it from day one. The turf however is different to the one at TFS and is much more similar to Hamilton than ours.

I met the engineering team that fitted the undersoil heating at TFS, they told me Man Utd & Chelsea had the exact same system and that it was absolutely state−of−the−art.

After speaking to them I boasted on here that it was the best USH system in Scotland.

You were talking utter rubbish then and you still are. The surfaces are not the same manufacturer. Never were. We looked at the same one but didnt go for it. And no matter how often you care to deny it the fact is our surface was ranked above yours last season and is ranked above it this season to date (albeit marginally). We dont feel the need to try to claim the sort if credit you do about it though.

Sorry my mistake I am sure I read that you did choose the same manufacturer but took another product of theirs.

Whatever you say however Falkirk's surface has never had the level of criticism that every other artificial surface has had in Scotland.

Edited by Back Post Misses

I met the engineering team that fitted the undersoil heating at TFS, they told me Man Utd & Chelsea had the exact same system and that it was absolutely state−of−the−art.

After speaking to them I boasted on here that it was the best USH system in Scotland.

Tickle me harder.

Sorry my mistake I am sure I read that you did choose the same manufacturer but took another product of theirs.

Whatever you say however Falkirk's surface has never had the level of criticism that every other artificial surface has had in Scotland.

That is a self fulfilling prophecy since pretty much all the criticism has come from you and Mr Dust!

Listen, having a go at Queens last season about their pitch and their crowd and how ours is better on both counts was kind of understandable, I get it, they were above us and better than us at what actually mattered the most, the football, so there was a need to have some sort of one-upmanship on them This season however I don't see any need to continue feeding their 'rivalry' with us as we are now streets ahead of them. It just gets boring and is very last year.

Listen, having a go at Queens last season about their pitch and their crowd and how ours is better on both counts was kind of understandable, I get it, they were above us and better than us at what actually mattered the most, the football, so there was a need to have some sort of one-upmanship on them This season however I don't see any need to continue feeding their 'rivalry' with us as we are now streets ahead of them. It just gets boring and is very last year.

^ this

Pretty sure a few clubs had a go at your pitch.

A few of our players commented on it various interviews pre and post on Falkirk tv and obviously Rangers naturally off the top of my head....they had to have some excuses under super Ally

A few of our players commented on it various interviews pre and post on Falkirk tv and obviously Rangers naturally off the top of my head....they had to have some excuses under super Ally

Rangers have on a few occasions (in the McCoist era anyway) criticised 3G pitches generally, yours included. They haven't to the best of my knowledge suggested there was anything worse about ours than yours or anyone else's (except Alloa's anyway, which I think everyone, including Alloa, accept is on its last legs).

Some players and managers don't like 3G. That's fair enough, they are entitled to not like it and moan about it if they wish. That's not the same as claiming there is something inferior about one in particular. There isn't. The first pitch we had latterly wasn't sitting right for whatever reason. I'm not sure the manufacturer and contractor ever agreed on whose fault that but it was fine for its first six months or so before starting to sit down in places. There have been no problems since it was replaced and no noticeable issues with the actual play even when it wasn't sitting right though there were worries about how it might have affected its longevity.

It's not especially surprising that your players will say they prefer your surface when comparing. I imagine ours would probably claim they prefer ours. It's the politically correct thing to say when you play for the club. It probably also doesn't help that for some reason every time Falkirk turn up the worst of the weather arrives with them, especially wind. I'm sure it does bounce differently when there's a howling gale blowing down the pitch! I haven't heard anyone else say there's any problem with ours and as I've noted already it outranks yours in the current SFA rankings (4.5 to 4.48), outranked it last year (4.31 to 4.14) and outranked it the year before too (3.6 to 2.38), the season in which we allegedly had such a bad pitch. That last rating is slightly corrupt though as pitch rankings run from March to February and for both of us that first one includes a couple of months when we still had a grass pitch. It's no big deal, it's a hair splitting exercise to claim which is better. They are both perfectly fine examples of a modern 3G surface. By next month you might outrank us depending on the home games between now and then. Trying to suggest however that ours is clearly inferior to yours is just the work of fiction though.

Edited by Skyline Drifter

Are those ratings not given by referees though? Hardly the right folk to be asking how good a football pitch is? I'm sure Queens latest pitch is fine though and so is ours. As to us not been a progressive club. We seem to be moving in the right direction if you ask me both on and off the pitch with a decent first team, a number of prospects coming through our youth system and a healthy bank balance. I can't comment on Queens progressiveness off the park but on it there's been a 26 point shift between the two clubs in our favour.