The Falkirk FC Thread

19 minutes ago, LatapyBairn. said:

Before we start this wasn’t a public email and I don’t agree with you lifting quotes from what was a private discussion to post on to a public forum however now that you have I’ve read it back and yes there is a line where he talks about social media in the opening email I hadn’t recalled from memory however in the context to the full email chain and discussion had there after it’s literally the only reference, if you think these guys made they’re decisions based on what was written on here by a handful of posters then fine. My opinion is most of what was posted was ill informed, inflammatory or inaccurate and it certainly wasn’t helpful to the club in any way, it definitely made little or no difference to the decision making process from the people involved with the PG. Nor does it help the club continually stirring things up for that matter. What has happened is is a fantastic gesture which by all accounts has been welcomed by both the club BOD and the FSS, hopefully when finalised we will get a formal announcement the end of next week from all the the relevant parties giving actual factual clarity to everything and we can start talking about football again. 

How am I able to contest what you say without being able to paraphrase the email which you referenced?

If the issue is now that I’ve discussed the contents of a patrons email then fair enough but certainly not the only one to discuss things said to others in private on here!

In any case, it wasn’t to criticise the content(the opposite in fact) but to bring about a bit more clarity to the situation with what was being said.  

If you think the shares would have been transferred without any concerns posted on here then will need to disagree on that. 

I know it suits better to disregard any gripes anyone may have but I was sold on the FSS and from experience don’t think it’s treated the way I would like to hope. This issue is quite a big deal IMO so if it can’t be discussed on social media then I don’t see how it’s possible to gain a bit more consensus on the matter and support to try and rectify it. 

34 minutes ago, Believe The Hype said:

Absolutely wild to think 3 or 4 posters on pie and bovril have the clout to dictate change through posts on this site. As much as we may like to think it, there is a far bigger world out there than bloody pie and bovril, and if that ever wasn't the case then it's utter utter tin pot. 

Don’t have any clout at all mate. Just saying what I feel and trying to gauge the opinions of others. I work within my own Union and always encourages others to speak out about any issues. Ofcourse this isn’t ideal but not sure how else to speak to other fans outside the circle of people I know. 

38 minutes ago, Believe The Hype said:

Absolutely wild to think 3 or 4 posters on pie and bovril have the clout to dictate change through posts on this site. As much as we may like to think it, there is a far bigger world out there than bloody pie and bovril, and if that ever wasn't the case then it's utter utter tin pot. 

Exactly! 

Edited by LatapyBairn.

49 minutes ago, Believe The Hype said:

This is quite the over exaggeration no? No one was talking about clout or dictating change. But there was a lot of concern here from more than 3 or 4 posters. Maybe there were some more vocal but the concern was wider than that. Anyway my point was I think being able to talk about those concerns is a positive wherever it may be. If those concerns are then heard then that is great news surely? I am not sure why that has been seen as such a negative?? I also have no idea whether they were or were not listened to and whether that has or has not changed plans but I would be very happy to think that a club with a large portion of fan ownership would consider the fans opinions. Is that something you disagree with? 

Edited by Jimmy1876

55 minutes ago, LatapyBairn. said:

Firstly, before I start this wasn’t a public email and I don’t agree with you lifting quotes from what was a private discussion to post on to a public forum, however now that you have I’ve read it back and yes there is a line where he talks about social media in the opening email which I hadn’t recalled from memory but in context to the full email chain and discussion had there after it’s literally the only reference, if you think these guys made they’re decisions based on what was written on here by a handful of posters then fine. My opinion is most of what was posted was ill informed, inflammatory or inaccurate and it certainly wasn’t helpful to the club in any way, it definitely made little or no difference to the decision making process from the people involved with the PG. Nor does it help the club continually stirring things up for that matter. What has happened is is actually fantastic gesture from a handful of fans which by all accounts has been welcomed by both the club BOD and the FSS, hopefully when finalised we will get a formal announcement the end of next week from all the the relevant parties giving actual factual clarity to everything and we can start talking about football again. 

Will preface this by saying I know nothing about any emails or who they are from so I'm not commenting on any of that.

But to some of the other things you say here like the fact that most people are stirring things up I think is completely disrespectful. Since when did being concerned about your club mean just trying to stir things up? There have been far far worse things said about previous boards which were not "stirring" things up and were seen as a positive to change. If you think specific people are inflammatory then be specific without undermining everyone that shows concern or asks questions. If you think people are misinformed then clarify what is misinformed - literally what everyone is asking for. Everything the board have said is they want more clarity for the fans and when that's not provided over what is a very serious thing on the face of it and someone asks questions it's immediately shot down as inflammatory? Yet it's been over a week and no more information has been given so what can we go on? If things are inaccurate its because the information given is inaccurate or non existent and there is a very simple solution to that. It is absolutely unfair of you who obviously does have more information to shut down or undermine concerns from people who aren't privy to that. And finally about not being helpful to the club to discuss these things - I would absolutely disagree, as I said before I'm a supporter of fan ownership and if I feel that is being undermined then will call it out as I believe that is helpful to the club in the long term. These things going under the radar and trying to be hidden is very dodgy and I really disagree with that sentiment. 

20 minutes ago, Van_damage said:

... Ofcourse this isn’t ideal but not sure how else to speak to other fans outside the circle of people I know

This. 

There are many reasons the non-football related topics discussed here appear. For me, it's to gauge what other seemingly like-minded fans think about a subject or to highlight to a wider audience an issue that affects a smaller group but could be detrimental (or beneficial) overall, as this seemed to be.

FSS members will be able to debate this at the upcoming meeting but where else would the wider fan base access this info currently? 

I've also emailed the club directly in the past but only once I'd aired my issue here and saw that others had similar views that I thought should be addressed - I probably wouldn't have done if I thought it was just me.

This is just one channel available to posters and it is very much read by people within the club. I doubt it influences them substantially but at least the issue is visible.

16 minutes ago, Jimmy1876 said:

This is quite the over exaggeration no? No one was talking about clout or dictating change. But there was a lot of concern here from more than 3 or 4 posters. Maybe there were some more vocal but the concern was wider than that. Anyway my point was I think being able to talk about those concerns is a positive wherever it may be. If those concerns are then heard then that is great news surely? I am not sure why that has been seen as such a negative?? I also have no idea whether they were or were not listened to and whether that has or has not changed plans but I would be very happy to think that a club with majority fan ownership would consider the fans opinions. Is that something you disagree with? 

If grown adults are 'sitting around a table' and discussing posts made on an anonymous football forum whereby it effects their decision making on serious matters then I'd be concerned yes. It's pie and bovril FFS. Do they do the same on that coyb page? I doubt it very much and they have a lot more users than this website. 

Serious bidness this Internet eh

1 hour ago, falkirkzombie said:

Totally, I don't think lifting quotes from confidential emails is going to help much.

Understand what you say so apologise if you feel that. I didn’t quote anyone but paraphrased what was said to contest the claim it had nothing to do with the discussion on here. Certainly not having a go at what was said or who sent it as think it’s a brilliant gesture. 

Just wanted to bring more context to the situation as don’t feel it’s accurate to convey that the transfer of shares was happening all along before this was being talked about. 

Anyway logging off now as this is being turned in to that issue rather than the wider debate at hand. Just remember I have been open to who I am so if you want to attack me then please be reasonable and at least be consistent should anyone else reveal something said in private. 

Edited by Van_damage

39 minutes ago, Jimmy1876 said:

Will preface this by saying I know nothing about any emails or who they are from so I'm not commenting on any of that.

But to some of the other things you say here like the fact that most people are stirring things up I think is completely disrespectful. Since when did being concerned about your club mean just trying to stir things up? There have been far far worse things said about previous boards which were not "stirring" things up and were seen as a positive to change. If you think specific people are inflammatory then be specific without undermining everyone that shows concern or asks questions. If you think people are misinformed then clarify what is misinformed - literally what everyone is asking for. Everything the board have said is they want more clarity for the fans and when that's not provided over what is a very serious thing on the face of it and someone asks questions it's immediately shot down as inflammatory? Yet it's been over a week and no more information has been given so what can we go on? If things are inaccurate it’s because the information given is inaccurate or non existent and there is a very simple solution to that. It is absolutely unfair of you who obviously does have more information to shut down or undermine concerns from people who aren't privy to that. And finally about not being helpful to the club to discuss these things - I would absolutely disagree, as I said before I'm a supporter of fan ownership and if I feel that is being undermined then will call it out as I believe that is helpful to the club in the long term. These things going under the radar and trying to be hidden is very dodgy and I really disagree with that sentiment. 

Most people on here are indeed genuinely passionate fans, I do believe that. Haven’t said anywhere “most people are stirring things up” Although I think some may well be (perhaps unintentionally but it’s the same effect)….. What if it turns out fan ownership isn’t being undermined as you suggest? What if a plan is in place being backed by the club and FSS but can’t be announced until it is finalised? Simply pointing out it’s maybe best not to jump the gun until we’ve heard from the relevant bodies. Incidentally we are actually already a fan owned club, between the patrons and the FSS there is almost a 50% shareholding. 

Edited by LatapyBairn.

Just now, LatapyBairn. said:

And if it turns out fan ownership isn’t being undermined? If a plan is in place being backed by the club and FSS but can’t be announced until it is finalised? Simple pointing out it’s maybe best not to jump the gun until we’ve heard from the relevant bodies. 

Then that will be great and I will be happy to go with it was a very misguided decision to simply announce the shares were not going to FSS without any real clarification or explanation and that great care needs to be taken with what does happen to those shares. As I have repeated a number of times. And I won't apologise for being concerned about what ultimately looks like a block of fan ownership which was both a shock and very disappointing. You are not "simply pointing" out it's best not to jump the gun. You were saying that everyone is inflammatory and I think that is unfair to people who evidently all just want the best for their club. All I want is to hear from the relevant bodies for more clarification which so far has not come and it is unreasonable to ask people to just ignore the issue in the mean time when it is an important one. 

18 minutes ago, Believe The Hype said:

If grown adults are 'sitting around a table' and discussing posts made on an anonymous football forum whereby it effects their decision making on serious matters then I'd be concerned yes. It's pie and bovril FFS. Do they do the same on that coyb page? I doubt it very much and they have a lot more users than this website. 

Serious bidness this Internet eh

Pretty standard for most customer facing businesses to monitor social media. 

58 minutes ago, Jimmy1876 said:

Pretty standard for most customer facing businesses to monitor social media. 

That would imply we are talking about people who make decisions that are running the business or on the BOD of that business which in this instance we are not. 

Edited by LatapyBairn.